Do you have a scout weapon with these traits?

AYHJAAYHJA Member Posts: 59
Silver Lucky
Gold Charging
Gold Swift Strike

Reading another thread where I saw a survivor with "perfect" traits got me looking through the threads. Certain combinations of traits on characters and weapons seem impossible to find. Now that I have a well carved out niche for how I like to get things done, I'm looking for very specific weapons. Some weapons have what I like, they're just not legendary. But I have not seen that particular combination on any scout weapon in my inventory or anyone else's who has posted a screenshot.

If you do have a weapon with those traits, please do share. My best scout weapon is a Ragtag w/Silver Threat Reduction, Gold Charging and Gold Swift Strike. Threat reduction is useless on outpost missions, so I started looking for a complement. My current outpost scout weapon has Silver Lucky, Gold Swift Strike and Gold Lethal. So close, but not quite.

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Silver Swift Strike
    Silver Lucky
    Gold Charging

too bad it's on a weapon 2 levels below usable (and it's epic which isn't too bad)

But if you're curious if those 3 traits exist on a single weapon; it's possible

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    AYHJATheSittingDuck
    My outpost scouts use Gold Interrupt (since the chance of a body shot is nearly impossible it still functions 100% of the time. I also use Gold Lethal and since they have retaliate they nearly kill every normal walker on a retaliate hit. I also round him out with charging for the extra hit (and so he can get that extra oomf to one shot armored walkers)

I only play with my scouts in outpost. They are my "runners".

Silver/Gold Charging
    Silver/Gold Lethal
    Gold Interrupt

AYHJA
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @DLich Do melee characters body shot? I thought only ranged could body shot and therefore not take advantage of interrupt (and typically it starts 5 walker levels above your survivor, right). How does Interrupt/Body-shot work with melee?
    edited December 2016
    @General_Quatre I don't think melee can body shot but I don't think it's been officially been stated by NG. In outposts I have lvl 20 survivors going against lvl 19 walkers so they're within range that I wouldn't see a body shot (unlike in high level challenges where I hear it's nothing but body shots from any survivor type) so I didn't want to say "body shot is impossible" but I have never seen it in outposts... meaning I've always interrupted everything with my scouts everytime.

Especially the way I play gold interrupt is a must on my scouts. They are the "gate keeper"... the one you put in the way to protect the others when you come across 3 big walkers on the left side of rural and you can't kill all 3 first time.

Interrupt is my #1 needed trait on scouts
    Lethal is my #2 needed trait on scouts
    Charging/Swift Strike is a close 3rd

• bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    I used to have one,sadly,it became obcelete.Really nice if u can find one!
  • AYHJAAYHJA Member Posts: 59
    @Necroboogie Wow, that hammer is really close. My reason for having those traits in that specific order is centered around my personal favorite survivor.

Your Hammer
    Charging - 28% (20% x 18% CT Lucky + 20% WT Lucky)
    Swift Strike - 55% (40% WT x 18%CT + 20% WT Lucky)

vs

My Weapon
    Charging - 38% (30% WT x 18% CT + 15% Lucky)
    Swift Strike - 53.2% (40% WT x 18% CT + 15% Lucky)

Having gold charging and silver lucky makes it a different weapon in that regard imo.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,632
    Melee can definitely body shot if zombies are 3+ levels above them.
    Marcus6253Top8dog
    @DarkZero that's what I thought; walkers 3+ levels higher can get body shots but I believe for outpost purposes with lvl 19 walkers and lvl 20 survivors I don't think a scout can get a body shot. That part I don't know exactly but I have heard players like yourself run into that issue with higher level walkers (thankfully the interrupt will work as necessary in outposts)

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I'm third to say melee definitely can body shot walkers.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Those really suck!Almost as much as gettin a critical hit from walkers,so annoying!
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    My best is Glenn's knife from the bundle.
    Silver crit chance
    Gold lethal
    Gold interrupt
    Good luck, dumbass
    This is my scavenger weapon:
    @AYHJA

This is my outpost weapon:
    @AYHJA

Love them both, I'd just trade my lethal on the outpost weapon for charging. Like I said, I'd pay real money for it.

Also, is it just me, or once you get higher up, some of the other weapons don't show up? Once I got to a higher level, all I mostly get are small axes, hammers and the occasional hunting knife. When I first started playing, I got pipes, something called "The Claw", police batons, etc.
    TheSittingDuck
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,286
    Lacks luck.
    AYHJATheSittingDuck
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    I'm pretty sure I still do, but it's a level 6 butterfly knife, lol. Now NG just needs to remove the level cap on weapons and I'm set.
    AYHJA
    edited December 2016
    @avelardez

That's the second best thing, wow. She's a beauty. As long as the gold traits are swift strike and charging, I really can't go wrong with lethal or threat reduction in the silver spot for a scout. I'm just really coveting that silver luck since it would make the best impact for my survivor.
    avelardez
  • pandypandy Member Posts: 10
    I like those, got first from TG change and second from random mission. Even through i prefer destructive on silver trail since it does more them enought dmg during critical, but i'm definitively not complaining. +15% Crit + 60% is definitively a nice perf and can easily take done a fatty lv19-20!
    Charge also help in making more crit more often :)
    Not relying on luck much anymore since the main benefit was post nerf (36% swift strike is acceptable to even through i would like a 48% more :smiley: but we can't have all and everything...)
    AYHJATheSittingDuck
  • LonesLones Member Posts: 112
    Last challenge I got a quest: use all melee survivors. I decide to use Scout, Warrior and Bruiser against RSL 24 challenge mission. Every hits my survivors has done to the walkers were Bodyshots. Even the Bruiser can't stunned the walkers.

But lvl 3 Tanks can stun my lvl 20 survivor....
    Talking about balance huh? LOL..
    TheSittingDuck
  • Mad_CanadaMad_Canada Member Posts: 113
    Not sure if anyone has posted the exact combination that the original poster requested yet or not, but here you go:

Too bad it's only Lvl 18, otherwise I would probably upgrade and use it.
    Mad Canada Guild is Ranked in the top Canadian guild listing - Come join us :)
    Our guild post is here
    AYHJATheSittingDuckGrimGael
    Beautiful!

I guess I"ll have to get REALLY lucky... :(
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    I'd exchange charging for gold critical. No need for charging when your hits are critical already.
    @Invader

Man...That's SO hardcore. We need a player exchange. I'd love to trade you for it. :)

@jimmorrison369 Yo, I don't follow what you mean. Charging is an extra charge point. Critical is just 15% more damage, right?
    AYHJA said:

@jimmorrison369 Yo, I don't follow what you mean. Charging is an extra charge point. Critical is just 15% more damage, right?

No, critical is 15% extra chance at a critical. For scouts the charge-attack is nearly the same as a critical attack.

So if you have a high critical chance, you don't need the charge-attack.
    And you certainly don't need a chance at an extra point towards being able to do a garanteed critical attack.

@jimmorrison369

Oh wow, that's not how I understand it to work at all. Where did you read that? I was confusing critical with lethal, my bad. Charging is very different than critical. I usually scrap weapons with critical immediately.

Charging is explained in game as "an opportunity to get an extra charge point from a kill + charged attacks dealing 15% more damage." I always send a scout out, she's my main character. Sometimes, when I kill one walker, I gain the ability to perform a charged attack on the next move. On outpost missions, she can usually drop 2 defenders if it activates along with swift strike.

My experience is when she kills 2 walkers she can perform a charged attack of a brain stab that deals 150% damage. With the "charged" weapon trait, that number is kicked to 165%.

Critical in game is explained as "an increase in critical chance" just like you said. But they are very different.
    I think you are missing the point I'm trying to make.

First of all, I didn't know the charging trait also adds a little damage to your charge attack.
    This saves a little bit of the use-fullness for this trait on a scout.

The base goal of the trait however, is to give a chance at an extra charge point.
    So there is a chance that you will be able to do a brain-stab after killing 1 in stead of 2 walkers. (that is really all it is for scouts, a max 40% chance that you only need 1 kill for a charge-attack.)

The point I'm trying to make is this.
    When your scout does critical damage, it is about the same damage you get from doing a charge-attack.
    So if you are able to get a high chance at critical, the charge-attack becomes redundant.

Also remember, the charging only works when you kill the walker. Critical actually gives a better chance to kill that walker all the time.
    So there comes a point where you have to hit a walker twice because you don't have critical, at this point the scout with higher critical already killed 2 walkers and he's charged.

Things aren't this black and white of course. But I think you are really underestimating the power of having a higher critical chance.
    Especially for survivors that have sure-shot (not scouts). You can get close to 100% critical hits wich means double the damage all the time.

edited December 2016
    Ahhhh... I see what you mean. I think.... :/

I really only know that my survivors that use critical and destructive fared no better than my survivors that didn't. Not against walkers anyway. Maybe it works a little different with raiders. I don't have the information to present an effective argument for one or the other.

So you helped me out with some numbers in a thread once, lets do it again here.

So say my scout has 1,000 base damage. Weapon adds another 1,000. How does it work out mathematically? What are the base critical chance odds? All of my weapons w/t critical trait simply say "increased chance of critical." I don't know what that means because I don't know how to measure it's effectiveness. Everything else is trait based with percentages.

So my scout above has 2,000 base damage. A charged attack would be 3,300 damage. How much would a critical attack be? Do survivors not always exact their damage? Is critical just another way to say "head shot?" I'm clearly missing something here. I play scouts because they do the most single strike damage. Fat walkers, armored walkers, defenders. It doesn't matter. They almost always die after the first strike, and most defenders I encounter can survive 2, tops. My guess was that critical would not change that. I get that from when I attack freemen in low level challenge maps. They don't die with one attack no matter what. Am I wrong?

All this math man...I'll tell you what's a f*&%$+g head shot, lol...

jimmorrison369