Reloading in the middle of a mission

meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
edited December 2016 in Bug Reports
I haven't been around that long, maybe a couple weeks in the game now, but I'm noticing that I'm getting a significant frequency of reloads during the middle of the missions. I don't think this happened one single time before this last update, and now it's happening fairly frequently, not every Mission but I would say every other Mission have a Reload right in the middle, and when it starts usually happens three or four times in that mission.

Is this a known new bug? Or has something changed that these reloads are going to be required from now on?
RedEye52TreyVanMeter

Comments

• meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    Helloooo?

Wondering if this is happening to anybody else or if this is something I should start troubleshooting? Again, it only started happening after this latest update
    TreyVanMeter
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 170
    It happens to me several times a day since the 2.3 update.
    Taurus_220RedEye52TreyVanMeter
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Are you sure it is tied to missions? I do know that this game has some wonky connection issues every now and again.
    On certain devices in combination with certain internet connections the game has to reload to the point it is just unplayable.

My fix is either resetting the router, or play the game on a different device.
    This is the only game/app that has these kind of troubles.

Maybe I'm talking about something else, maybe this helps.
    blynknz
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,632
    It's only happened to me once, and it was incredibly infuriating when it happened. I was farming a RSL 22 mission and had gotten up to level 28 walkers. When the game booted me and I started experiencing connection issues, the walkers were 5 grids away. When I came back, two of my survivors were in a struggle...
    MortmerTaurus_220
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I've been lucky. Only 2 instances since the upgrade, both in outhouses. Lost time each time, like ya do. Extremely rare for me, only ever happened once or twice before the update and always related to incoming phone calls. Not so these two times.
    Else
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    THEY got me twice on scavenge runs,lucky 4 me it didn't screw up any raids!Been awhile since a raid froze up 4 me.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I get comnection issues occasionally when I'm in the back if the house furthest from the wireless router. I play on data when that happens or I play in a different part of the house.

Connection issues are typically just that; something to do with internet connections. As much as I don't want to say there's a conspiracy I also don't want to discredit those it's happened to.

Is it possible you were playing on that free unlimited gas booster and maybe your ISP isn't used to you using that much internet in that amount of time? I only suggest this because you say every other mission which leads me to believe you're "marathoning" with the free gas booster possibly.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Mortmer said:

It happens to me several times a day since the 2.3 update.

Is 2.3 this latest update? Because if so that's my experience too, these reloads have only started since then.

To the rest of the replies, no I'm not talking about connection issues, I'm talking about you're just playing along in a mission everything is going normal like it always does, and then all of a sudden it just starts to reload. When it's done reloading it looks like you never left, except of course for that big long waiting period
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Just got dropped in a raid and reconnected in real time. That’s a first--every other instance gave me 30 seconds to comeplete which generally lead to loss.
    TreyVanMeter
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    Been happening to me as well. It seems to happen on over watch, when a walker is about to hit one of my survivors, but they kill him instead.
    TreyVanMeter
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @meathead013 It's been happening to me too.... FYI
    TreyVanMeter
    I assume you all mean that it's happening just after this latest update and wasn't happening before then. If not please specify

I guess it doesn't really matter, if it's going to happen it's going to happen, but it would be nice to know if it was a bug from the recent update that might someday get fixed or if it's just something that we have to live with
    TreyVanMeter
  • DanDareDanDare Member Posts: 133
    It's happening to me too. Definitely only since the last update.
    Proud member of Ricks Wrath guild.
    TreyVanMeter
  • AYHJAAYHJA Member Posts: 59
    Glad it's not just me. Not only is it reloading mid match, when it comes back up it's usually wrong. I make sure that I move to certain places to augment how I play, so when it comes back up, my survivors are usually close, but not where I left them.
    TreyVanMeter
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Just now happened to me for the first time ever. After it came back I hit End Turn and it reloaded again. Came back on, I hit End Turn and sure enough, it reloaded again. Finally just said screw it and finished the raid.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    It has happened to me quite a bit. I notice that it happens more when I put my crew into overwatch. @Shteevie has somebody been able to take a look at this cause it is happening to a good amount of people since the latest update. Thank you in advance for checking this out.
    TreyVanMeter
    Yeah once it starts in the mission it seems to happen several times. You can go through three or four missions and it doesn't happen at all, and then the next mission it'll happen for 5 times. At least thars the pattern that I'm getting
    TreyVanMeter
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I've also been getting reloading during my raids (without the "reconnecting" attempts, just an immediate disconnect and reload) after the update. It happens maybe once every full gas tank (so less than once every 12-15 raids), but it's a new thing. I'm in overwatch quite frequently, so I guess I'm lucky it's not happening to me more based on what others are observing.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I haven't found it too bad. Most of mine are timeouts, or like Dlich, its more to do with the wireless.
    I guess I have had a couple of times during a mission, but it hasn't lead to anything adverse.
  • ScorchScorch Member Posts: 38
    It has been happening to me as well several times a day since the 2.3 update.
    TreyVanMeter
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    Yup me too since yesterday. It was reconnecting, in the middle of playing. Happened several times kinda bit annoying :sweat:
    TreyVanMeter
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Me too. Definitely only since 2.3, in fact, I think today is the first day I've had this. For me, during challenge missions and while overwatching. No warning, maybe a slight pause, then straight to reloading screen. Comes back, Overwatch again, back to reload. Noticed it on Fire in the Hole map, farming exploders.
    TreyVanMeter
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    The issue with Overwatch causing reloads is known and we hope to have a fix out for it soon. Thanks for your patience.

Moving to bug reports.
    TreyVanMeter
    Haha! I was just coming here to ask for this to be moved to bug reports because it's getting so annoying. Thanks for being on top of this
    bsgper4
    Fwiw, still happening. I just had one challenge where it was reloading after every round. So annoying
    TreyVanMeter
    still happening. so annoying
    Still happening. So pissed
    AYHJA