New Hero Rufus, spoilers????

Comments

• GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @RiiiCeMaHn

Not liking this hero character or not being invested in other hero characters doesn't make people automatically dislike the Season 7 Missions. There are lots of players who enjoy those missions even though the main goal is not to obtain hero tokens. I enjoy the missions for variety and to collect the phone rewards. The hero tokens are just an extra I get for completing.

Don't get me wrong; I don't think the heroes are a bad addition to the game. I really like my Maggie, Tara and Rosita. I'd love to get Michonne somewhere along the road. But personally I don't care much for the rest.

I don't know for how long you've been playing, but I've been investing in some of my regular survivors for over a year. So naturally, I've grown a bit attached to those. And I would like to keep investing in them.

I think the main issue is not the fact that new heroes are being added, but the crazy amount in tokenvariety it causes. Which you can't deny is an issue, and if you don't think so I'd like to throw that 'are you for real?' back at you.

There's nothing ungrateful about adressing issues that come with change, it merely shows that people feel a lot about the game and the direction it's going (though, must agree there are some replies that could have been worded out better).

Unlike me you feel very strongly about the heroes, and that’s fine, but there's no need to be rude about it.
    MadPuppyGrimGaelShut_UpNeil_J
  • RiiiCeMaHnRiiiCeMaHn Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2016
    @GreySeer most of my rant wasn't directed at you , but mainly to some people that have more or less said they don't want any new heroes at all , which would mean some of the main characters wouldn't be on here , whilst I agree with you on the fact rufus doesn't add much in the hero tokens side of things I also think that the main characters that aren't on the game should still be added because otherwise there's no point having characters like Tara but not having Morgan and Karl for example , the fact that certain people don't want the rest of the main characters upsets me incase that ruins it for the rest of us , because if you've completed the story missions then it gets very repetitive so adding new heroes adds some fun for me , which is just my opinion , I don't mean to be malicious to you , but I think some people deserve a firm word ;)
    Roosggbats
  • kampionkampion Member Posts: 76
    @BigRich

Here is the screen of scratching! He's like the german football coach Jogi Löw! :smiley:
    Wie viele Beisser hast du getötet? Und wie viele Menschen hast du getötet?
    BigRichMizTy
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    If Chris Hardwick had named him Leslie William Starton, would that have made some of you feel better? From what we can tell so far, they're of a similar archetype. I can imagine Rufus posting signs out in the woods about Revenu'ers and braggin' on his moonshine arsenal.

In any case, Rufus is tons more entertaining than potentially having Gabriel in your camp.
    ggbatsGovernatorMollie64Artisans
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    Fun!!! I laughed when I saw Rufus and am looking forward to playing with him.

Thanks @Shteevie @Teeceezy and everyone at NextGames for the lovely 🎁
    SCBMAggbats
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,017
    I like this Rufus guy. He is hardcore. Drinking on the job. The Walking Dead's Drunkin Master!
    ggbatsSCBMA
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Tombworld said:

In any case, Rufus is tons more entertaining than potentially having Gabriel in your camp.

Whoa now, I would love to have some Father Gabriel in my camp.

photo gabrielgun1_zpsdol1fzgy.gif

photo gabrielgun2_zpsvrmowv1r.gif

photo gabrielgun3_zpspcqkfegj.gif

photo gabrielgun4_zpspcdlfupi.gif

photo gabrielgun5_zpslzmu8qzx.gif

photo gabrielgun6_zpsqngtz9dw.gif

photo gabrielgun7_zps94q26yo6.gif

photo gabrielgun8_zpsftn2hhfq.gif

I mean COME'ON!!!! How is that not epic?
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    Roos
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Epic? Well at least rare.
    crambert_necArtisans
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,017
    I used Rufus on an XP mission and was able to farm up to level 29 walkers. Wish they can do this in a challenge.
    GrimGaelggbats
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Shteevie said:

not the most serious thing you will do today

Speak for yourself!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    DarkZero
  • AngieMathesonAngieMatheson Member Posts: 93
    I love this GrandPa Rufus. Just wondering if there will be special call event to help upgrading his squirrel, and any token for his other traits ?
    This guy is awesome, I'd like to find tokens for him in the 15 calls.
    @Shteevie : Is that something on the menu for you devs?
    Lone wanderer
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @RiiiCeMaHn Were you here when there were no characters from the tv show, except for Daryl - and he wasn't a playable character then. We started developing characters then, and some of them are nearly finished. The dilution of the token pool slows down those final touches. Although some heroes are good, there are also some pointless ones, and the Clampetts are completely irrelevant (as is Hardwick)!

You've obviously forgotten what Daryl taught you.....
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    PigGrimGaelMizTyArtisans
    @Neil_J I value your opinion so while I lol'ed at the Hardwick rage I took some time to ponder your words.
    Hardwick: I find him borderline annoying, but funny in the way borderline annoying comics are. What I can't deny is his tremendous talent for improv, he's done a lot unscripted and his schedule must be a killer. So yeah I can see panning him if he's not to your taste. For many fans of the show, his add-on show has served the borderline addiction they have in prolonging the Sunday night experience.
    Rufus: play or don't
    Pools: Egads, I think that bus left the station long ago. Trait pool for survivors-dilute. Trait pool for equipment-dilute. Trait pool for tokens-crazy dilute. The Rufus-effect has to be in the fractions of percentage points. We have arrived to a point where attempting to improve the game has consequences that have us in factions varying from oh cool-to meh-to omg. So yeah, I'm in the omg camp too. But I can't click both lol and agree, so this post will have to do.
    MadPuppyJadenNeil_J
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited December 2016

However, his base stats seem to be low? My Abraham is Rare but when equipped with the exact same weapons and armor, Rufus has lower attack and damage.

My Rufus can't wear other assault armor. He's Lev 20 like everyone else, but can't put on some Lev 20 armor I have that beats the crap out of the garbage armor he comes with.

Edit...my bad. That was bruiser gear.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @GrimGael Is definitely onto something, he said killing walkers with wads of money is in line with the game! Might be one of those new tactics and and strategies although it's been like that for a while. :p

Burning money, killing walkers with money, all the same thing.
    GrimGael
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 601
    I happen 2 like him and the reckonin even more!if possible,upgrade his survivor level before gettin the special offer!!Offer will go up after upgrade,really nice touch NG!
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,007
    You can also upgrade any other assault, doesn't matter which, to get the higher level item.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Maybe it's just my awful english but I don't understand Rufus' leader trait. Can someone please explain it to me like I'm a six year old child? What's the thread point?
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

mongo911kampion
  • jimwolf85jimwolf85 Member Posts: 1
    This character is retarded.
    mongo911kampionbsgper4bigbeanoJadenArtisansTheLostOnesSynapseRanger
  • kampionkampion Member Posts: 76
    Reached 32-walker with Rufus, be4 him the record was 29!

Wie viele Beisser hast du getötet? Und wie viele Menschen hast du getötet?
    gespuerJaden
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    I <3 Rufus
    When you watch him on the survivor screen, he drinks whiskey, wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, scratches his arse, and sniffs his fingers.

Now I just need to come up with 3 mil xp to upgrade his rare explosive device I bought for 300 tgs. I can't wait to play with him!

Thanks NG & Chris Hardwick :smiley: :applause:
    SCBMAgespuerJadenbigbeano
    If you aren't playing Rufus with a sound track, you're really missing out. Literally just did this. Warning: leprechauns.
    MizTyJaden
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Dale said:

gespuer said:

Maybe it's just my awful english but I don't understand Rufus' leader trait. Can someone please explain it to me like I'm a six year old child?

When a survivor kills a walker, a red dot appears underneath their picture that appears on the left. This red dot is called a charge point. When they have earned enough charge points (3 for most classes, 2 for some), that survivor's charge ability is active.

The different classes of survivors have different charge abilities. Assaults can stun, shooters and warriors get an extra turn, bruisers can smash multiple walkers at once, etc.

Rufus' leader trait provides another way for survivors to earn a charge point. On most missions, additional walkers will appear after X number of turns. You can watch the counter at the bottom of the screen to see when they will appear. If Rufus is there, all of your survivors receive a charge point when the additional walkers appear. They don't have to kill a walker to earn a charge point. They just receive one.

and they have extra health, which is always nice.

Thank you so much for that extensive explanation (which really a six year old child would have understood). :)
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

MizTyggbats
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    gespuer said:

Thank you so much for that extensive explanation (which really a six year old child would have understood). :)

You're welcome :) I'm learning Spanish but I can only understand it if people talk slowly and use simple words so I understand how you feel.

I remember years ago, I was on a different forum regarding a different game, and someone made a similar request stating "Please explain this using different words. These words don't translate for me." I could see which words were causing the problem so I explained it using other words. It made sense to him.

MizTygespuerbigbeano
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    Well on the bright side, this Rufus guy helped cure my addiction to this game. No more $, no more adds and dropping from about 300 stars to 150 stars per week. My family is glad to have me back. My guild mates no so pleased unfortunately, sorry guys!

exploiting the loophole loophole