Why not real "lesser" characters as npcs?

thansonthanson Member Posts: 52
edited December 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
I am new to the game (three days ago) so I will apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before. Why not have lesser characters as Mocs instead of made up npcs? For example, the rescue mission in the beginning could have been Olivia. Other missions could have Denise joining to manage the hospital tent, Hershel/Jimmy/Otis/Patricia to manage the farms, Eugene to monitor the radio tent or run the workshop, ect. Also, I really enjoy the game but it would be so much better if you could recruit lesser show survivors (Heath, Scott, Aiden Monroe, Spencer Monroe, Nicholas, Tobin, Bruce, Francine, Enid, Aaron, Eric, Bob, Noah, Ect) through a phone call instead of some guy named Steve. Most of these can be common level survivors while reserving "Hero" status for the big names. Adding classic characters such as T-Dog, Shane, Dale, Jim, Ed, Merle, Andrea, Amy, Beth, ect would be great too. Finally, we definitely need Tyreese (Tank) and Sasha (Assault) as "Heroes".
Still locked: Carl, Carol, Ezekiel, Michonne
Coming Soon: Eugene, Father Gabriel, ?
My wishlist: Aaron, Andrea, Beth, Bob, Dale, Hershel, Jessie, Lori, Merle, Noah, Shane, Simon, T-Dog, The Governor, Tyreese
ElphieBinx14KericHum

Comments

• Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    I wonder why? I just playin :)

Anyway i like your idea. So basicly it needs more job for each classes rather to walking around our camp?
  • thansonthanson Member Posts: 52
    I am new to the game (three days ago) so I will apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed before. Why not have lesser characters in the game instead of made up npcs? For example, the rescue mission in the beginning could have been Olivia who joins and then runs the storage buildings. Other missions could have Denise joining to manage the hospital tent, Hershel/Jimmy/Otis/Patricia to manage the farms, Father Gabriel running a new church building, Eugene to monitor the radio tent or run the workshop, ect. Also, I really enjoy the game but it would be so much better if you could recruit lesser show survivors (Heath, Scott, Aiden Monroe, Spencer Monroe, Nicholas, Tobin, Bruce, Francine, Enid, Aaron, Eric, Bob, Noah, Ect) through a phone call instead of some guy named Steve. Most of these can be common level survivors while reserving "Hero" status for the big names. Adding classic characters such as T-Dog, Shane, Dale, Jim, Ed, Merle, Andrea, Amy, Beth, ect would be great too. Finally, we definitely need Tyreese (Tank) and Sasha (Assault) as "Heroes".
    My wishlist: Aaron, Andrea, Beth, Bob, Dale, Hershel, Jessie, Lori, Merle, Noah, Shane, Simon, T-Dog, The Governor, Tyreese
    Sorry, didn't see the suggestion area of the forum so I reposted/updated this over there.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    NG staff, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that when the game was first created, NG only had permission from AMC to use Daryl's likeness and no one else. Furthermore, some of the characters you listed from Alexandria were barely around at this point last year when the game was first created. AMC only recently gave NG permission to use other characters, which is why Heroes were only introduced fairly recently.

It would probably take a fair amount of effort for NG to go back and update story missions to incorporate these characters, so I don't think it's likely. Plus, the story missions in NML don't directly tie in to the show either, so it would be weird to have all of the TWD characters tied into NML.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    JayZ said:

NG staff, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that when the game was first created, NG only had permission from AMC to use Daryl's likeness and no one else. Furthermore, some of the characters you listed from Alexandria were barely around at this point last year when the game was first created. AMC only recently gave NG permission to use other characters, which is why Heroes were only introduced fairly recently.

It would probably take a fair amount of effort for NG to go back and update story missions to incorporate these characters, so I don't think it's likely. Plus, the story missions in NML don't directly tie in to the show either, so it would be weird to have all of the TWD characters tied into NML.

I completely understand what you are saying about the timing. No reason they couldn't introduce older characters as survivor drops though. I would rather have T-Dog than Steve, ect. I just hate the made up people when there are over a hundred characters we already know that could be introduced to the game some how. Here is what I came up with in just 30 minutes..

Heroes: Aaron, Andrea, Beth, Dale, Eugene, Ezekiel, Hershel, Merle, Sasha, Shane, T-Dog, The Governor, Tyreese

Survivors: Aiden, Alisha, Allen, Amy, Axel, Benjamin (The Kingdom), Big Tiny (Prison), Bob, Bruce, Caesar, Carter, Cyndie, Deanna, Dwight, Eastman, Ed, Enid, Eric, Father Gabriel, Francine, Gareth, Heath, Jacqui, Jerry (The Kingdom), Jessie, Jim, Joe the Claimer, Karen, Lilly, Lizzie, Lori, Martin (Terminus), Mika, Mitch Dolgen, Morales, Nicholas, Noah, Oscar (Prison), Otis, Owen the Wolf, Paul (Woodbury), Paula, Pete Dolgen, Richard (The Kingdom), Ron, Scott, Sherry, Shumpert, Simon, Spencer, Tobin, Tomas (Prison)

There can also be mission based NPC's that join the group while enhancing an existing/new building....

NPC's: Denise (Hospital), Jimmy (farm), Meghan (School), Milton (Council), Olivia (Supply Storage), Patricia (Farm), Pete (Hospital), Reg (Council), Sam (School), Sophia (School)

I am simply suggesting that the game should take advantage of the long list of characters instead of making up generic ones. Of course there has to be some forgiveness with the timeline of things when dealing with characters from the first four seasons but that shouldn't stop them from doing it. Maybe even have flashbacks to older seasons during the offseason breaks. For example, have mission events and survivors tied into season one during the break between season seven and eight then do season two during the mid season break of season eight.
    ElphieBinx14