Opening Supplies and Attracting Walkers

Sometimes when opening supplies, walkers show up. This seems random to me, is there any way to tell when it's going to happen?

Thanks!

Comments

• mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    the things u open if its the shinny red it attracts walkers if its shinny green ur safe
    GovernatorMizTyElseRedEye52
  • sigmaphi465sigmaphi465 Member Posts: 110
    Watch for containers, trunks or boxes that have a red glow (usually they are white). Those indicate that something bad will likely happen when you open it. Sometimes it isn't always the first red box you open; it may be the second, as in this weeks challenge.
    RedEye52
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,406
    mcbkhicks said:

the things u open if its the shinny red it attracts walkers if its shinny green ur safe

@numen The same for flashing red gates, car trunks, etc. Just watch for flashing red stuff... Open those before moving your other survivors so you can shoot what comes out.
    mcbkhicksMarcus6253RedEye52
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    yea that stage is old bricks they come out after 2nd box is opened
    PigMadPuppy
  • numennumen Member Posts: 32
    Thanks all. I'm colorblind, which might explain why I've never noticed that!
    MizTyJaden
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,406
    numen said:

Thanks all. I'm colorblind, which might explain why I've never noticed that!

Yeah, I've suggested NG remove the red text from the walkers because of the significant percentage of the population that is color blind. Now might be a time to suggest get rid of red altogether. You can make a good case for a color change. B)
    mcbkhicks
  • numennumen Member Posts: 32
    It's a good suggestion, @Governator!

If they are OK with signalling that a supply opening causes noise or whatever, a little 'noisy' icon next to it (could be pretty small) would be nice. I'd really like the opportunity to plan around the walker attraction. On challenges, it's not that big a deal since I learn early (and now I know it's not random) with little expense, but it'll matter when I'm dropping 6+ fuel on a story mission.
    GovernatormcbkhicksRedEye52
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    JayZ said:

Wow, I'm a maxed out player, and I never knew about the red-green distinction.

Daryl teaches you this in the beginning of the game. What is rule #1?
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    mcbkhicksGrimGaelRedEye52Top8dog
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    "Daryl teaches you this in the beginning of the game. What is rule #1?"

-remember what Rufus taught you.
    mcbkhicksGrimGaelRedEye52Governator
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    In this challenge the boxes are orange I think - you need to open 2 of them to trigger the walkers.

I think this is the only map so far with crates like that. (I also think the gates we are to close work like that, too - starting to close the 2nd one brings in more walkers.)

Maybe another indicator except for just the colors (which could stay) could be added so colorblind people (or oblivious ones :p ) will also know opening this will trigger a thread, maybe a little skull on the crates/gates etc. or something like that.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    mcbkhicks
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @DCBMET drink with Rufus to forget all that idle chatter from Daryl...
    mongo911Governator