Still face 4 defending walkers when raid an outpost

Comments

• EdelstahlratteEdelstahlratte Member Posts: 40

that makes no fun anymore. not a single chance to get trough. even the flag is unreachable and 19 hardly earned tokens gone. thanks a lot
    Wer nicht kommt hat Frei!
    soggybottoms
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Also had a few maps where there were only 4 walkers total lvl1 Walker
  • foxx70foxx70 Member Posts: 104
    As of December 10 i faced 4 walkers
  • BoilermakerBoilermaker Member Posts: 60
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie
    Hello, I posted this thread on Nov. 30 regarding seeing only 4 defending walkers (this is supposed to be fixed by the recent update). In addition, other players have been reporting seeing little room between defending walkers (usually armor or tank) and attackers (this is also supposed to be fixed by the recent update). These issues make the game very unfair to some players. So far, no management level staff has responded to this thread. I am wondering if an investigation is under way. Looking forward to a quick fix. Thanks.
    Current player level 64
    Contribute >1,200 stars each week (career high 1,538)
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Just popping in to say that yes, we are aware of the issue and we are tracking this thread. The usernames have been helpful, and we think we have found the pattern.

The leaderboards and ad issues have been the primary focuses this last week or so, and if there is anything we can do about these issues short of a client update, we will apply the fixes ASAP.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    zbotsoggybottoms
  • BoilermakerBoilermaker Member Posts: 60
    @Shteevie
    Thanks for a prompt reply!
    Current player level 64
    Contribute >1,200 stars each week (career high 1,538)
    SCBMA said:

You do realize this is affecting the Outpost leader boards too, right? Hard to beat someone on the leaderboard when there are only 4 walkers in their outpost.

-Yeah, and seeing as how I had thought we fixed it a long time ago, it's a pretty frustrating issue for me, too. I do think that charging weapons and hiding behind the outside of the gate to finish off your charge points with the walker wave can help, but I get that it might not be the setup you have now.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGael
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    I had one today with 2 walkers...No lie. And I checked behind every wall before pulling the flag...
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    it seems that some outposts still have walkers that are placed too close to the survivor starting point. can you please investigate this? this setup should not be allowed based on the outpost management screen. i can pm a name of the player to a moderator if that helps at all.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,419
    @feracolyte , merged. Thanks for the report.
    @MadPuppy and others-

We've taken what measures we can for now, but it looks like the other hotfix items [ads, leaderboards, etc] have eaten up the time we had to use on fixes before the meat of the 2.4 launch. I hope that the temporary measures help reduce the frequency that these are seen, but every player's matchmaking experience is somewhat unique to them, so there will probably be a few 4-walker outposts popping up now and then.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I was posting these in the "Update 2.3 Discussion Thread" because I thought I read that that was a good place to do so.

But since there is this thread in the Bug section, I'm going to repeat the few posts I put in the 2.3 Discussion thread. In the future, I will add any more I find in here so as to not clutter the 2.3 Discussion thread any more than I already have and to make it easier on those that are keeping an eye on this thread.

Again, these are just repeats from my previous posts in the 2.3 Discussion thread:

User name Gigi, only has 4 normal walkers in their outpost.
    User name 187, had 4 normal walkers and 1 armored in their outpost.
    User name Garth has only 4 normal walkers in their outpost.

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    (1) It seems that having armored/tanks start right next to us is not always linked to a particular player, as the bug seems to spread randomly. There's a few opponents I've raided multiple times where sometimes this happens, but other times it's fine.

(2) Player "Tatyanne" has only 4 walkers. His/Her bot name is "ANITA" (in all caps). I've raided both and it's the exact same player/defenders.
    SCBMA
    edited December 2016
    Username allstyle has only 4 normal walkers in their outpost.
    Username Dennis has only 4 normal walkers in their outpost.
    Username Dusin has 5 normal walkers and 2 armored walkers in their outpost.

Seriously, that's three in a row.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Making the flag pull a red switch that brings in two walkers would fix this.
    User name b***tuta has 4 walkers and 2 armor walkers in their outpost.
    User name Harlequin Monk has 4 walkers in their outpost.

No idea of the full name of the first player. The in-game censor messes it up.

User name Desi has only 4 normal walkers in their outpost.

User name Dennis has 4 normal walkers in thier outpost.
    User name Jasmar99 has 4 normal, 2 armored and 2 tank walkers in thier outpost.
    User name Jenny has 4 normal walkers in thier outpost.
    User name Death2Walkers has 4 normal walkers in thier outpost.

• bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    edited December 2016
    @Shteevie
    Literally 50% of the outposts I raid have less than six walkers. I don't have time (or patience) to screenshot and post each and every time.
    Are leaderboards and ads more important than fair physical gameplay?
  • MURDERTR4INMURDERTR4IN Member Posts: 18
    Just adding that I have come on here to report this is still not working as of Christmas day. Read this was patched months ago...
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy I thought with one of the recent updates fatties and armored walkers can't start this close to starting point.
    Also I still run across outpost with only 4 walkers
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,419
    @Lucille896425 , it's still happending, this is the thread for it, merged.

• CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    Cheers @zbot don't really care about the 4 walkers thing but the lvl 19 fattie right near my guys sucked
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 728
    edited December 2016
    If the issue is we cant charge our survivors then why is it 6 walkers and not 9 auto placed in map?

As for 4 walkers, i come across this atleast once a day if not more if only raiding (sorry no names or screen shots).
    And while we can send 2 back to charge it still leaves 1 to get hammered at the gate resulting in injuries.

What was the old minimum? I still find tanks/armored walkers in the new exclusions zone but within the old. I assume that unless you actually go into map management screen it doesn't apply the new zones. Is somehting similar happening with walker numbers?

Seeing as outposts has been really pushed by ng, I'm surprised more effort hasn't been made to fix this long known issue.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    GrimGael