S7M, Episode 7: Last Man Standing, Official Discussion Thread (May contain game spoilers)

Comments

• MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 169
    @JayZ I have done so, thanks for the suggestion.
    MizTy
  • LilLuna86LilLuna86 Member Posts: 9
    So I'm noticing that if you don't have a really good survivor with really good gear this is going to be impossible to do lol.
    MizTyMarcus6253CyTrek74Paulus
  • JumboSharkJumboShark Member Posts: 7
    Abraham did it for me. Did not have patience to wait for a golden arc upgrade to finish it with a warrior :) It was challenging though. Thank you NG!
    MizTy
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    It took me several attempts with warriors and others survivors after I learned it just takes a good equiped hunter in the very right middle of the map and just wait for the walkers to line up ... trial #5 without a scratch! Thx to all in this great forum for all the tips :)
    PigMizTy
  • LOL I'm skipping this episode. It's getting increasingly frustrating. I play for fun not to get mad at the game.
    CyTrek74
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @PnutButtrSandwich
    Easy, just change your daily menu. Add some bacon, mayo, pickles & into your sandwich :wink:
    It would makes you 'Last Man Standing w/ Full Tummy' ever and save your gadget just in case you wanna slam it :lol:
    [Deleted User]
  • CyTrek74CyTrek74 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016
    i keep trying I have now gotten three characters upgrades to level 13 and still trying to get what I need to be able to level up their weapons unfortunately after over 24 hours of trying I still haven't had any progress. I have read others tips and I believe that I am screwed when it comes to competing this one!

It really sucks to have all goals accomplished and can't make it through the wall of walkers because after three hits your dead.

Just spent the last bit Gold that I had to upgrade the workshop, was able to get one weapon upgraded. Went back in the mission got beat again, what a surprise! Came to a decision though since I've spent way too much money playing the game because I enjoyed it Now I spend zero money. The scales on this game specially with this mission are off somehow. I don't mind challenging, And I will agree the last few haven't been that much of a challenge, but something is off with this one. Has really changed the way I feel about the game.
    Neil_J
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Daryl with gold bore, stood in bottom right corner.
    Got a bruise but otherwise pretty easy cos the walkers line up to be shot!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 58
    @gabyray try walkergeddon
  • BigFellaSteveBigFellaSteve Member Posts: 107
    took me ages and a lot of hospital time to complete the final episode

could only do it by upgrading a rifle for Daryl.....level 20 weapons for assault, hunter or warrior were just not good enough
  • kscarlett5683kscarlett5683 Member Posts: 18
    I did it! It took me lots of gold upgrading all sorts of stuff and getting nowhere. I was super frustrated.

I won by focusing on warriors...which is probably the point of the challenge. I had a level 17 legendary warrior against level 19 walkers. Not many came thru because remember. ...guns attract them (which is why I couldn't win with a hunter).

I upgraded a purchased Michonne Katana. It had a gold arc (135 degrees).

Previously, I had a weaker legendary weapon with the same gold arc using the same warrior but it didn't work.

I hope this helps someone.
    MizTy
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Anyone got any tips for us new guys? I've been scavengin for weapons (Hard Mode), But none have either Arc, Cone, or Large Bore upgrades, So standard range for me.... Lvl12's atm, just stuck on 3/5, let alone the rest
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @carlos1981

Hard for me to judge, been around for more than a year.

But Michonne got through easily for me at hard mode, even with the small arc. Do you have lethal or any kin of destructive on a weapon for a warrior?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    Squall said:

@PnutButtrSandwich

Easy, just change your daily menu. Add some bacon, mayo, pickles & into your sandwich :wink:

It would makes you 'Last Man Standing w/ Full Tummy' ever and save your gadget just in case you wanna slam it :lol:

I almost ripped my shirt apart after my survivor got safely to the exit in trial 5. Ggggggrrrrraaaaahhhhh!
    Squall_NMLMizTy
    edited December 2016
    Tried a couple more times of course epic fails! Still have to upgrade my workshop one more time and still try to manage to get what I need to upgrade the weapons, all that ain't happening before this wasted mission is up. Wish I had known that I need to have all this done in order to even attempt to get through this. I guess that's what I get for only playing this for the last three weeks
    I'm seeing ppl with lvl 17 or lower survivors posting completion badges, but all my lvl 18 guys are getting beat up on trial 5, will I get an easier run if I use someone lower? I'm seeing so many unfair hits from walkers and visual glitches I am wondering if this challenge has some glitches around difficulty? Might try and upgrade some gear and try again, but this is harder than all the others... Which I guess is natural, but also rage inducing
    CyTrek74
    Like this. Two walkers standing seemingly on the one spot... I go on to struggle, air wrestle, then die as another walker claims the same spot where two were standing. How can I be sure @Teeceezy @Shteevie I am getting a fair crack at this challenge?
    @Paulus
    I believed it adjusting your survivor's lvl and your current challenge. Realized that it's definitly 3 or more pattern when 1st walker shown up. Beside needs upgrade weapon or armor you needs luck. I have no screenshoot for every challenge that i made through, but after struggling and hospitality 1st - 4th trial, i got the 5th trial pass unscathed with Hunter! That was unexpected, because i was prepared to change my armor w/ wresting trait, which is no use with the health trait.
    There's still time left, good luck! :)
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    GreySeer said:

@carlos1981

Hard for me to judge, been around for more than a year.

But Michonne got through easily for me at hard mode, even with the small arc. Do you have lethal or any kin of destructive on a weapon for a warrior?

Hi, Not even got a small arc on ANY warrior kit as yet... This is my best Warrior, and kit so far

• ChrisCh84ChrisCh84 Member Posts: 30
    I'm sorry but this trial is too much, I don't expect it to be so easy I can just blow through them & there have been some season 7 missions that took me a good bit of trys before I finally beat it but not like this one. The only way I'll have any chance at all to finish it in time to get the extra character tokens before the next set is released is if I get the character I plan on using leveled up again & w/where I'm at level wise I honestly don't know if I'll be able to do so in time. Honestly you guys are expecting too much w/this trial & it's not fair that I'm busting my ass to finish it in time & still probably won't be able to. Clearly this one was made to only be finished before times up by the people you can make money off of. Sorry I no longer have a credit card & can't afford to pay to speed up the process of leveling my character up enough to have a chance at getting the extra character tokens by finishing the trial before times up but that not right although I'm sure no one cares though, it's all about getting people to pay right.
    CyTrek74
  • LgrattLgratt Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2016
    @ChrisCh84 I'm a free to play player, made it with Darryl with a large caliber weapon. Took me a few trials but got it finaly.
    Neil_JMarcus6253
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,994
    Zero cash was needed to complete this mission.

Although there are some things that could make it a lot harder... Like leveling your survivors to fast can lead to this mission being really hard.

But in general it should be doable for everyone, don't blame the game.
    PigMizTy
  • ChrisCh84ChrisCh84 Member Posts: 30
    The reason I'm having such a hard time w/this one & have to lever up to have a chance is because none of the walkers die w/out shooting/hitting them twice no matter which character I use. As far as spending any money to help me finish the trial goes I was saying that because it takes so long to get the supplies needed to upgrade my council then training grounds then takes forever to actually upgrade then the time needed to get the experience points I need to level up then the time it takes to actually level up is just too much to do in the time I have & spending real money on it is the only way to speed it up but I'm hoping that if I bust my ass I can get it all done in time & hopefully it'll be enough to be able to beat the trial I'm just worried I won't be able to get it all done in time & I'll miss the chance to get the extra character tokens you get for completing the trials before the next set of season 7 missions are released.
    CyTrek74
    @Squall finally an infinitely easier run, compared to my earlier screen shot, the walkers were thinned out by more criticals from the same character and it's done. It seems playing through a few times eventually rolls more favourably. Or not.. Who knows. This was just a hard one
    Nice game reference profile btw
    Squall_NMLMizTy
    @Paulus
    Glad u finally did it! That's like i said before, there was a pattern. If we do it repeteadly eventually comes the easy one. But of course it's different for each player to do so :)
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,429
    edited December 2016
    It's not about whether or not you spend money. Anyone with a character that has maxed out equipment at their level should be able to complete this trial with the right strategies. If you can't finish this trial, it's probably because you're leveling your survivors too quickly and not upgrading your gear along the way. I'm personally glad the NG is forcing people to take their time and enjoy the process of building up your team, because isn't that what the game is really about?
    MadPuppy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    Leveling your survivors won't do anything but make the walkers stronger, too...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2016
    I'm with @Lgratt F2P and succeeded relatively easily and, @Jaden it's a case of levelling up your weapons. I did this with a L20 Hunter and a L23 rifle with gold bore, but same rules will apply for any level hunter with a fully levelled up (is 3 levels above the survivor) weapon.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    edited December 2016
    My only level 13 character is an assault, which the game says you have to have a level 13 character try to get through so I have that. I was finally able to get his weapon upgraded to a level 14, still couldn't get through because it's far as I can tell when I upgraded his weapon in the Walkers now became stronger. As I could tell from the beginning I would never get through this one on time, but since I'm a completionist I'll keep playing it to eventually get through it. I have said before something is not balanced on this mission but congrats to all the people they can get through it. At this point the game sucks 100%.
    ChrisCh84
    @CyTrek74
    If you can't pass it with an assault, why don't you try with warrior/hunter instead? I think it should be only 3 of those classes that could make pass this one, the rest of it (scout, bruiser and shooter) all dead meat :expressionless:
    You need one shoot kill in order to pass all of the trial, so maxed out your weapon first. Good luck :)