Data Gathering: Care to help fill in the blanks?

Hey all! So I figured it could be quite helpful (at least for me, and I'm guessing some of you as well) to have a definitive chart for base damage on all weapons and gear (I'm only gonna do levels 19+, since by this point most of us end-gamers are not using anything less). This comes to a grand total of 180 pieces of data, of which I have very little in my inventory (just scrapped a whooole bunch): weapons and armor for 6 classes, anything from Rare to Legendary, levels 19-23. Just base damage, not including boosts from "Destructive" or any other traits; just the number underneath the weapon.

So what I ask is this: take a look at the attached doc, and post in this thread a list of all the missing pieces you have in your inventory! eg, if you have a Level 22 Epic Warrior Weapon, list that (since I don't have it), along with any others.

I'll compile all the info and, once it's complete, post the final version here for everyone to reference.

I figure it's nice to have when considering "do I upgrade my higher-level but lower-rarity item, or vice-versa"? I know Traits still are very important in most people's minds, but sometimes it's a close call, especially when the damage/armor difference is 300+ or something!

Happy Data-ing!!
jimmydawise

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited December 2016
    Firstly, Be careful, because some special weapons had a different amount that the usual (Like the Scout's long spear, and I think there may have been an assault weapon??).

Secondly, Have a look here. The data might still be the same, although we can't be sure of the accuracy (someone might have had the boosts included).
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I'm not including specialty weapons here. And I didn't see any links in your post @blynknz ...
    Lol, i guess that would help.
    http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,194
    edited December 2016
    The real question is: Who is going to tell us the damage and health of level 22-23 common and uncommon weapons and armors?!

EDIT: Nose goes.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    A level 22 rare assault weapon, currently upgrading to level 23.
    Not sure if it's worth to upgrade a level 20 rare item, at least it's unique bronze Destructive is the same amount of standard gold 60%.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    Awesome! Here's the updated list. Please check numbers and let me know if anything is off (a few had conflicting info). And of course, add in the missing blanks!

Also, I've been wondering the same thing re: Rufus' Rare weapon. Is that Bronze trait actually 60%, or is that a bug? @Teeceezy @Shteevie?
    MizTy
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Here's what I have from my data, not sure if it will help at all. Careful with the wiki, the 1.1 update brought a lot of new weapon/armor values, and who knows if wiki accounted for those changes.

GrimGaelMizTyPutchuco
  • KafirKafir Member Posts: 101
    Way too analytical for me.

InvaderMizTyggbats
    @OneLessTitan that's a big help for sure! Confirmed some #s I wasn't sure about, and added a bunch more info! btw how did you embed your graphic into the forum? The best I can do is attach it, which isn't as good. I also copied your awesome color-coding format...good call, much easier to read.

I also noticed a lot of patterns (columns that start with the same # seem to be universal across the board), so I just copied the data over. If anyone has conflicting verified information, please chime in.

Almost there, guys! Here's the latest version; clearly people have little love for Bruiser gear ;)
    @General_Quatre -- I didn't embed it, I just took a screenshot of my CPU, and uploaded the image!! I'm with you on the patterns, they seem to hold true.
    edited December 2016
    Here's a few more @General_Quatre

Bruiser: (weapon)
    LEG:
    23 - 813
    22 - 683
    21 - 575
    General_Quatre
    edited December 2016
    Dum de doo
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @General_Quatre

Scout weapon epic lvl 23 - 1627
    Not mine, saw screenshot here in forum and made a note, as I've been keeping track myself

Also, there's a typo in shooter & warrior armor. Rare and epic 23 have same value. I believe the epic value is correct, based on the patterns. Think rare is 1265 (again, based on patterns)
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 157
    @OneLessTitan, I have some data:
    a leg assault lvl21 armor is 1086
    a leg bruiser lvl22 armor is 1671
    a leg bruiser lvl19 armor is 994
    a leg shooter lvl23 armor is 1446
    a leg shooter lvl20 armor is 860
    a leg shooter lvl20 weapon is 914
    a leg warrior lvl22 armor is 1215
    a leg warrior lvl20 armor is 860
    edited December 2016
    I'm starting to regret for upgrading it.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    @Monsuta , nothing to regret. It's a bootle full of fun... Just give it a try and you'll see. B)
    I like the animation of throwing that bottle so much.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

SCBMA
    edited December 2016
    @gespuer It's basically a weapon of entertaining, so upgrading it basically make no difference.
    Very much like upgrading Daryl's Crossbow, but I agree this kind of unique weapon is fun to play with. o:)
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Monsuta & @gespuer

Wait a min. I'm upgrading it right now! Is it a waste of precious xp? !
    edited December 2016
    @MizTy Do you have better Assault weapon waiting to be upgrade? If so better upgrading them first, upgrading this weapon is just for fun. :)
    MizTygespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    @MizTy
    compared with a standard assault weapon leveled to 23 with a damage of 903 it's obviously not as good, but still fun. And not to forget that the enemies catches fire and even if they don't die imediately they loose health with every round and finally die even without an extra attack.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

SCBMAMizTy
    @gespuer Not just 903, damage of an assault weapon level 23 legendary is 1084, epic 994, this rare is just 885.

gespuer
    Thanks for the input so far, guys! Does anyone know the following:
    - Rare Assault Weapon Level 21
    - Bruiser Weapons AND Armor, Rare AND Epic, Levels 21-23
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Rare level 21 Bruiser weapon is at 447
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    General_Quatre
    Does anyone know the damage for a Rare Level 23 Bruiser weapon? Figure someone had to upgrade one at least...Trying to figure out if I should upgrade a Level 19-22 Legendary with good traits or a Level 20-23 Rare with decent traits.

(FYI still looking for damage for most Rare/Epic Bruiser Weapons/Armor from levels 21-23, if anyone has complete info!)
    edited December 2016
    Well how about that.

Just did a solid sample test, and across the board, for every class, both weapons and armor, all rarities (at least Rare-Legendary), across all levels, the increase in damage/defense as you level up seems to be ~19%. e.g., Hunter Epic Level 22 Rifle is 911 damage. 911 x .19 = 173, and 173 + 911 = 1084, which is in fact the base damage for a Hunter Epic Level 23 Rifle. This is appearing to hold true for every single weapon and armor in the game.

Assuming I'm correct and this is indeed universal, it is easy to extrapolate all base damage/armor going forward. Based on that, here is the "completed" damage/armor chart. Amounts in (parentheses) are ones I estimated based on the above-formula. Please feel free to check against your own gear and confirm or negate anything I have, especially info in parentheses.

Any other number-crunchers among us care to corroborate this info? Seems like a helpful tidbit.

Hope some of you are able to get something out of this!
    DoTakOneLessTitan
  • chuckmcnutchuckmcnut Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info!!
    Does anyone know what the base damage and health of the survivors without gear?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,928
    edited December 2016

Well how about that.
    the increase in damage/defense as you level up seems to be ~19%
    Any other number-crunchers among us care to corroborate this info? Seems like a helpful tidbit.
    Hope some of you are able to get something out of this!

(when just interested in how to calculate damage/armor skip to past the long table)

Thanks for this insight.
    I really liked the idea of the formula being:

Damage=Constant·Factor^level
    or
    Damage_other_level=Damage·Factor^(Searched_level - Current_level)

So I tested it out and I agree it is pretty close :). Good enough for small differences in level.

It doesn't work as a pure replacement though.
    The real value can't be caught in the formula you described. It just won't work like that.
    This formula will always have some values being to high, and others being to low. (significantly!!)
    And no, this has nothing to do with rounding down and such. Really, I've tested this too.
    We are missing a variable, I didn't find it.

Looking at your data I did found some other interesting connection between the values
    It seems to be that all damage/armor seems to be related to a certain column number.

These are the numbers that all survivor types start with (common gear)

Then Uncommon is plus 1, rare is plus 2 and so on.
    What does this mean?

Example:
    You got a legendary scout weapon level 20 (damage 1022)
    Columnumber (from above table) = 15+4(to legendary) = 19

The epic scout weapon lvl 20 is then:
    1022*18(epic)/19(legendary)=968

A legendary hunter weapon lvl20 is then:
    1022*(9+4)/19=699 (again 9 is hunter common, + 4 is legendary --> so column 13)

Since there is still no exact formula for level difference (yet), you still need the damage for each level. So I made a column with the base values for each level.
    1. 2.174
    2. 2.562
    3. 2.928
    4. 3.562
    5. 4.175
    6. 4.875
    7. 5.767
    8. 6.864
    9. 8.056
    10. 9.562
    11. 11.36
    12. 13.57
    13. 16.06
    14. 19.07
    15. 22.67
    16. 26.87
    17. 31.94
    18. 37.94
    19. 45.17
    20. 53.77
    21. 63.87
    22. 75.94
    23. 90.37
    When using these numbers you can calculate the value exact 90% of the times, 10% of the times it will be + or - 1. And less then 1% of the time it will be + or - 2.

Remember!. The values for survivors starts at common, uncommon is + 1, rare = + 2, epic is +3 and legendary is +4.
    So one last example about using these numbers:

How to calculate damage/armor for specific survivor-type and rarity:

I'm looking to find the armor value for legendary level 23 bruiser armor.
    I look in the table for bruiser armor --> it is 18 --> I want legendary so + 4 --> is 22

Now I look in the column for level 23 and it shows me the number 90.37.

The armor at level 23 for bruiser-armor is then:
    90.37*22=1988

As simple as that for now.

Damage or Armor = lvl_value · Columnumber

@General_Quatre
    Can you find the missing variable in the formula for level difference?
    Anyway thanks!
    DoTakOneLessTitanPutchuco
    edited December 2016
    BTW, The formula I found to get closest for level differences is:

Dnew = Damage from level you looking for
    Lnew = Level you want to know the damage
    Dold = Damage from level you are relating to
    Lold = Level you know the damage from

Dnew = Dold · 1.1855^(Lnew - Lold)
    (Also. When just looking at lvl 19 to 23. Best factor is 1.1891. The 1.1855 factor will get the least average difference when calculating all numbers)

If you also want to find another survivor type or you want to go to epic, rare etc.
    Then you can use the columnnumbers from my previous post.

again remember:
    These are the numbers for common. For uncommonvalue you do + 1, rare +2, epic +3 and legendary +4
    So Legendary hunter weapon is in columnumber 13
    Legendary hunter armor is in columnnumber 14
    etc

Cnnew = Columnnumber from the rarity and survivortype you are looking for
    Cnold = Columnnumber from the rarity and survivortype you know the value of

Dnew = Cnnew / Cnold · Dold · 1.1855^(Lnew - Lold)

But as I said in previous post. The formula for level differences can not be caught in a simple C=A·F^(Lnew - Lold)
    So it is better to use the base values from the column in my previous post and then simply multiply them with the columnnumber you get from the table for survivors

OneLessTitan
    edited December 2016
    Also one last thing. Column 10 has -1 for all values for weapons when comparing to armor

Edit|
    Also interesting. The value for level 1 column 23 seems to be exact 50.
    It probably is a coincidence, but it was the only whole number I found in the entire table.
    Maybe the answer lies somewhere there, maybe not.
    OneLessTitan
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Wow! Pretty awesome stuff there @jimmorrison369
    I'm sure it's a little tmi for most but numbers people will appreciate it. I thought I was a numbers guy, but my eyes were crossing at various points, even so, thanks for putting in the time & effort :)

Are you a math prof? ;)