Keeping players motivated

Any tips for how to keep players active? It always seems like players start strong then after a few weeks activity levels drop off. I have been in a couple of guilds and now am leading mine but usually only the top 5 are actively working.

Comments

• b32ramzyb32ramzy Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2016
    When a player seems like they drop off with no communication about their activity they get kicked out.
  • HerbergeHerberge Member Posts: 233
    You need to play hard also.
    jmababa
  • b32ramzyb32ramzy Member Posts: 42
    I always get at least 200 on the challenges but then I have some players who will get less than 50. Also now it seems like I was previously flooded with requests to join the guild. Now it is hard to recruit any new players. I rewarded with promotions and buy gift boxes but it did not seem to help.
    bigbeanosoggybottoms
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,406
    At least use the chat to share strategies and tips. If people are chatting, they are more likely to play.
    RealC0manInspTurbinesArtisansRedEye52
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    The current challenge low level grind is boring & the rewards didn't justified it, so I'm already quit the guild to stop doing the boring low level grind weeks after weeks.
    Artisans
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    The end of the boring grind is getting closer every day @Monsuta
    Shteevie has told the forum that there will be a community discussion on this topic starting this month.
    WeekOneArtisans
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @MadPuppy Yeah, I know NG is planning an overhaul of the challenge., still waiting to see how the improvement is. Currently outpost is more rewarding & I need a lot of trade goods to buy every 7 hours.
    MadPuppywrinkled_bagnumenInspTurbines
  • jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    edited December 2016
    Low lvl grind is good too in the sense that you get tomatoes and XP faster cause mission is fast just make Gleen your lead
  • numennumen Member Posts: 32
    I'm mostly all outpost because I need my phones and tokens, then I fill in with farming XP on the lower level XP scavange. I can get ~12K just from kills per 5 gas in the latter, and I make around 5K XP on average per 2 gas in the outpost. It's a good gig!

I'm looking forward to the challenge rework; I expect it will pull me away from those activities I just described.
  • ricktadaricktada Member Posts: 112
    @b32ramzy - aye, players joining up and then going missing / walkies is a bloody nuisance. If you fancy joining a new guild with limited spaces and who are (mainly) dedicated players delivering 200+ a week let me know.