Negan - Hero?

Why on earth is Negan a Hero?
In comic, on show he is all Villain. Maybe make a villain walker of him instead and I can put him in my pit where he belongs.
Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
misery235DeeLHCsoggybottomsgespuerMarcus6253nericoRoosRedEye52SynapseRangermaggiemoo

Comments

• PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Because he is less annoying than some (if not most) of the people on the show, including all the heroes we have available, especially Rick, at this point?
    ArtisansdeadlantaMarcus6253RoonisMaverick1969bigbeanoSynapseRanger
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    edited December 2016
    What @Tombworld said.

In any case, Negan is a wildly popular character, regardless of being a bad guy.

Rufus isn't even anywhere on the show, or comic, or anywhere else in TWD universe, but still he's a "hero".
    Jcsking1
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    I like Negan even if he's a villain since he's not sneaky and he honors courage of people just like Yakuza or Mafia. But that's just my personal opinion.
    MadPuppy1Riseb23707EmeraldTriangle
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,273
    Service!
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Also not thàt thrilled about having this rapist, torturer and murderer on my team. Would really like to delete, don't even want any tokens.
    mongo911BadmallRoos
  • ScramblesScrambles Member Posts: 9
    GreySeer said:

Also not thàt thrilled about having this rapist, torturer and murderer on my team. Would really like to delete, don't even want any tokens.

Just stick him in your outpost and forget about him. Other people will bash his head in for you while giving you back somebody you can put to use.
    RedEye52
  • nericonerico Member Posts: 4
    Please let me be able to delete him or at least hide/ignore him. I don't care how many people think he is cool. I DON'T WANT HIM! Don't tell me to suck it up and put him in my outpost or not unlock him. If I don't unlock him the game will keep trying to shove him down my throat with the "NEW" button and placing him at the top of my peeps list. I don't want to see him. Ever!!! I know that there are plenty of others who don't like him, even if not to the same extent as me. It's bad customer service to not accommodate your customers.
    Hasewrinkled_bag
  • RoosRoos Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2016
    Hi! One of my favorite character in the show, but I choosed to not let him in my gates. However he keeps knocking on the door and saying "Little, little Pig, let me in." Now carefully trying to avoid the unlock button that keeps coming up while living in fear. Think I know now how people in Alexandria feel ;)
    rustynailCRUSH
    Need I state the obvious: this game is about The Walking Dead, and Negan is one of THE main characters in that show (both on TV and in the original graphic novel).

Furthermore, keep it decent in here.
    1Ris
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,031
    Maybe we should get The Governor and Gareth from Terminus, and then we could have an all villain team! Perfect for fighting Freemen... :naughty:
    TheSittingDuckrustynailJaden
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,189
    I would love to have Meryl on my team. He would be both a scout with one hand and a shooter with the other. That would be cool.
    edited December 2016
    @MadPuppy

I'm a fan of the of the show. And I'm aware of Negans position as a character in the story. But that doesn't justify the fact that he's practically 'forced' into my team (and again, as stated before by others, don't tell me to just toss him into my outpost and stop caring). Don't get me wrong, on a level of character complexity he's of a high level standard in the TWD universe. Perhaps even the 'hero' qualitification he's been give in the game.

But this hero is not allround fan-friendly. It's one thing to watch a character abuse the main cast and his 'wives' on screen, it's another thing to have this kind of person fighting for you in game. He should be an option, not mandatory. (Because I am sure lots of people love his character and should be able to use him).

I woud really like the option to toss heroes I do not want for tokens (in general, but especially for Negan). Or at least just have him under my hero-tab and not in my lovely Bruiser section.

EDIT: Did NG even consider this character to come with a trigger warning?
    rustynailRoosTheSittingDuckmaggiemoo
    edited December 2016
    Honestly, wasn't this even considerd as a concern? How is no one of NG even actually explaining this?

Edit: Politics.

Excuses me, I don't want to take this to the next level. But seemingly few people at the forums don't seem to mind this? Or are Afraid to speak out because this is a well build character from a writers perspective
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Fun fact: Negan has never been portrayed on the show as a rapist. Sexually agressive, manipulative, conniving mean angry asshole. But not rapist. There is a difference. He seems to make a point a couple times in the season about consent.

Equating the results of the US presidential election with the introduction of a character in this game is really reaching, imo.
    707EmeraldTrianglerustynailpsychwolf
    Politics has nothing to do with this, and that stays off this forum @GreySeer

The fact that you don't get a lot of support on this topic should tell you that apparently most people really are ok with one of THE most popular and central figures of the show being in the game. No one forces you to use him, and as long as the TV show doesn't come with a specific "Negan is evil" warning, I don't see any reason why the game should be any different.

Whatever you mean with "taking it to the next level", please do keep it civil. Unlike in the game or the TV show, here on the forum we prefer people don't shoot each others' brains out over a disagreement.
    SCBMApsychwolfJcsking1
  • RoosRoos Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2016
    @MadPuppy

It's civil when people have an option to disagree.
    rustynail
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    I suggest a simple title change for the main show characters from Hero to something else. I don't want Negan's character out of the game, it's integral to the story. How about being able to choose factions? I.e let people use a squad from the "dark side" or the "hero" side when the choose to. I just think using the label of hero for the Negan character is incorrect. I don't think the creative mind behind the source material consider him a hero.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
    TheSittingDuck
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    If you don't want to use Negan, then don't use him. Why make such an issue out if it? He's in the show, he's in the game and he'll not be leaving the game no matter how many people don't think he's a hero.

Dufus, on the other hand............ :s
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Jcsking1Jcsking1 Member Posts: 43
    Guys, I think this thread has got way out of hand. As stated earlier 'Hero' is a term to identify characters from the show, not an endorsement of their actions. Maybe they could change the title to 'Leader' or just 'Character' but it's a nice inclusion to have people from the show in the game.

For those players who really don't like Negan or perhaps other 'Heroes' the option to delete them would be a nice addition.
    Mollie64
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    MadPuppy said:

What @Tombworld said.

In any case, Negan is a wildly popular character, regardless of being a bad guy.

Rufus isn't even anywhere on the show, or comic, or anywhere else in TWD universe, but still he's a "hero".

And that's the bottom line, cause NG said so.

Roos
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583

Maybe we should get The Governor and Gareth from Terminus, and then we could have an all villain team! Perfect for fighting Freemen... :naughty:

Their egos would make them kill each other.
    rustynail
  • CelerysteveCelerysteve Member Posts: 56
    I find the fact this actually bothers people highly amusing. I'm more bothered by the fact he just isn't very useful in game, but this makes it all worth it.
  • CelerysteveCelerysteve Member Posts: 56
    And Negan never coerced sex with the threat of physical violence. It's amazing how people will do mental gymnastics just to make a non-related issue into a soapbox about them and their problems. Got to love this decade of sanctimony and social media. Trigger warning!
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Jcsking1 said:

Guys, I think this thread has got way out of hand. As stated earlier 'Hero' is a term to identify characters from the show, not an endorsement of their actions.

This is a subject that is of importance to people, let's keep it civil.

Also, from an NG standpoint, the ability to retire heroes is _very_ unlikely to be added. As all of you know, retired survivors are gone forever, meaning they can't be brought back by support, myself or even Shteevie. That being said, imagine the amount of accidentally retired heroes if there was a button to push.
    bigbeano