[Research] Critical Chance

_____Intro_____
Critical Strike: Increase critical chance by 5/10/15%

I was intrigued at critical, seeing as some of my people were able to land a critical (crit) even though they did not have the "Critical Strike" (CS) or "Lucky" (LY) traits. So I went ahead and started counting how many walkers I HIT, and how many crit landed each hit. I've also recorded the LY trait in, just in case it did do anything.

So far, here's the information I've got! It's a small scale, but it's not easy staying on track when kids call you... And I don't have a lot of CS and LY equipment. If everyone else pools in, it would help a lot! Or... The DEVS give us the raw numbers!! =P

_____Method..._____
Sat in Episode 9 Mission 3 blasting away at walkers with Hunters. Counted how many walkers were hit, count how many that were hit were crits. Noted it down.

_____Results..._____
RAW DATA
0 CS and 0 LY:
11 out of 100 walkers hit landed crit.
11% chance for crit.

10% CS and 0 LY:
32 out of 200 walkers hit landed a crit.
16% chance for crit.

0 CS and 10% LY:
10 out of 100 walkers hit landed a crit.
10% chance for crit.

_____Conclusion..._____
From my SMALL trial group... It seems that CS affects crit at half rate from the noted shown, and LY does not affect the rate of landing a crit at all. =O

_____Discussion..._____
I hope this had helped people out, and also hope that others will share their data if they find anything useful for the community.
-Things to look out for, "How often does 'Lucky' pop up after a critical hit." I did not pay attention to it because my brain can not contemplate counting walkers and counting crit AND to see if lucky popped up =P and keeping life needs happy. However, it seemed that it follows only during a critical, but does not always follow a critical. Maybe it's only a chance to a critical?
-Need to test 5% and 15% "Critical Strike" AND "Lucky"
-Bigger sample size is needed.
-When testing the 10% crit and 0% luck, I did two sets of one hundred. First set landed 16, second set landed 16. I just pooled it to be 32/200 as a critical.
zoson

Comments

• shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    Thanks for your work. Very interesting. One question in the room: (only nextgames knows) Whats with the walkers? Is there a hidden armor stat or relation with the level that affects crit too? If yes its nearly impossible to track the crits correct.

Come on nextgames. We need some deeper details ;-)
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
  • BarlouBarlou Member Posts: 50
    i think crit chance is effected by your level correspondence to walkers lvl.. if lvl walkers higher, the crit chance will decrease.. it will show obviously when using range survivors.. as when we shoot higher lvl zombies, we often hit body shot.. compare to same lvl or lower lvl or 1 lvl higher then the survivors..

but it is not proven, as it is just what i observe from farming.
    Member of DEAD ANGELS Guild
    zoson
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited November 2015
    Right, all crit chance and damage test should be performed ONLY against zombies that are the same level as the survivor being tested.
    I wouldn't be surprised if different classes have different base crit rates.
    Also, I bet survivor base crit chance increases with level too.
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    zoson said:

Right, all crit chance and damage test should be performed ONLY against zombies that are the same level as the survivor being tested.
    I wouldn't be surprised if different classes have different base crit rates.
    Also, I bet survivor base crit chance increases with level too.

That's one confounding variable I didn't pay attention to =O Although, my hunters were lvl 10s vs lvl 10 and 11 walkers, I didn't consider the 1 level difference. This will have to def be looked into as well! =D
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
This discussion has been closed.