About survivor trait

Hei, I'm a new player. Just got legendary shooter with these traits: dodge, bullet dodge, lucky, defensive stance, and iron skin. Is that good? Or shall I retire him? Thanks

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Traits to look for in a ranged survivor are marksman and sure shot and both dodges. If you ask me, luck isn't all that important anymore after it has been nerfed, so if you have iron skin it would also be great.

Unfortunately your shooter has neither marksman nor sure shot. But all in all it also depends on the rest of your crew. I think I'll retire him eventually.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JayZzosonCaptainslayerHaseMarcus6253
  • virdisvirdis Member Posts: 18
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I got rare shooter with sure shot, Dodge and bullet dodge. Planning to up her into epic.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    Your Shooter is a very fine survivor. The six best traits for ranged survivor are Luck, Dodge, Bullet Dodge, Marksman, Sure Shot, and Iron Skin - so you have 4/6. You can probably keep this survivor for a while.

Luck isn't as effective as before, but it's still a great trait as it interacts with most of the other traits on your survivor.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    zosonCaptainslayerHaseMarcus6253Dodkong
    I wonder about the "useless defensive stance", is it usefull in outpost? I'm planning to put this legendary survivor in defending outpost for a while. Currently at Silver stage (about 1100) with Lvl 9 survivors (epic scout, rare bruiser, epic hunter). I won against lvl 11 players (from defense log)
  • HaseHase Member Posts: 11
    For shooter, I think luck, dodge, bullet doge, marksman and sure shot/iron skin will be great.
    shooter itself has a great chance of critical attack, if you are a player like rushing, sure shot is not that important
  • HaseHase Member Posts: 11
    virdis said:

I wonder about the "useless defensive stance", is it usefull in outpost? I'm planning to put this legendary survivor in defending outpost for a while. Currently at Silver stage (about 1100) with Lvl 9 survivors (epic scout, rare bruiser, epic hunter). I won against lvl 11 players (from defense log)

It depends how people raid ur outpost and the design of ur outpost.
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm still trying any possibility. Just play for about 3 weeks. I still "blind", don't know everything about outpost or good/bad traits or survivor mode (attack, defend, and I don't know about the last stance) in outpost. Oh, about my outpost, I unlocked lvl 3 map, which I put 1,1,3 layout I guess.. I raid once a week because it's a "scary" thing
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @virdis Once you will "grow" with your player lvl as well as your survs lvl, you will "have to" raid like 100 times a week to get some decent equip, but for now it is not that important. Raising your influence now have no sence either, rewards are really low and higher you get, it will become "more scary". If you want to get yourself some extra TGs, go for raid, take flag, open gate and rush with scout(extra movement) for TG crate and quit(complete). You dont have to kill defenders all the time. Not all outpost settings allow easy TG grab, but majority do and once you open gate(and it will be too scary), you can go for "draw" which still grant you with XP for walkers you killed and no injury on your side(unless you get already injured by walkers in front of gate). And btw, congratz on your leg shooter. Not many ppl get decent legendary on early stages of game.
    virdisMarcus6253
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    It's fine to disagree with me but at least offer the OP a different opinion and/or explain what exactly you disagree with (not sure who did and who didn't and how to check on a tablet, so if you did, of course I mean another person ;) ).

Of course it's just my perspective but I'd rather have another trait like iron skin (which I forgot to mention, sorry about that) or sure shot than luck. If I have a 10% of something on my survivor and 10% luck it just adds up to 11%. So while I don't dismiss the trait completely I just think the actual impact it still has is very low.

Or do you disagree with the fact that I'd retire him eventually if he was part of my team? That might be my bias but I don't care much for ranged survivors without marksman and/or sure shot.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    virdisCaptainslayer
    @Jaden I welcome all opinion.. You have the point, the others get point too. I agree with you, I just take him for a little while, because I only get rare shooter with double dodge and marksman (not sure shot). Oh, I have epic hunter with double dodge, iron skin and marksman, so I just wait to see her last trait.. Will retaliate good? Let's say I overwatch this turn, first zombie killed by overwatch, then the 2ND zombie come then hit me, will I kill the 2nd zombie (hit again)?
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @Jaden i think alot of ppl still believe luck is a good trait so I'm guessing that's why but i totally agree it's for me probably the 5th best trait for a shooter
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    Oh 1 thing, let's say the lucky trait said up 10%. I have marksman (10%). Does it improve the marksman to 20%? not 11%??
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @virdis I afraid marksman is not influenced by luck and never was. Luck influence only traits that have % of triggering somethink(like dodge, critical chance, silenced attack etc.)
    virdis