Is a Draw possible

ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
I completed all the tasks in a raid. I captured the flag and opened the gates. Captured the crate while in battle, then killed the final raider. The raid should have been successfully completed. A walker then attacked my last survivor and killed him.

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,662
    @Chilidawg , looks like you forgot the flag. If you captured the flag, you would win automatically once all 3 objectives are met.
  • ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
    How can you forget the flag. Gates won't open until you take the flag
    blynknzDeadBeatPig
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,662
    @Chilidawg that's what I was thinking but if you look at the log, it's missing the flag. Send a in game support request.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Agreed. You have to get the flag to advance.
    So maybe the death of you means that you technically didnt capture the flag.
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,351
    The achievement screens are messed up and it doesn't always light up the correct way. Often the flag icon is not lit up on mine when I have completed all 3 objectives.

That being said, that raid is otherwise reflected correctly as a "fail" because all three of the raiders died. And notice you don't get to keep the TG even though you grabbed them.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I think there's a more serious bug here than a display error in the log, which is what I initially thought. In fact, I had a successful raid the other day, with all three goals accomplished, but the log showed the flag as incomplete.

I figured it was just a visual bug in the log. But now I'm not sure. Think carefully about what @Chillidawg is saying.
    Chilidawg said:

I completed all the tasks in a raid. I captured the flag and opened the gates. Captured the crate while in battle, then killed the final raider. The raid should have been successfully completed. A walker then attacked my last survivor and killed him.

"The raid should have been successfully completed." This is true in my experience. If you lower the flag, open the gate, kill the defenders, and then grab the crate, the walkers do NOT get a final turn. Once the third goal is accomplished, the raid ends.

I know this is true because it will even happen if you have moves left. If I grab the crate on my final turn with my first survivor, and my other two have moves left, I'll usually kill some walkers with the second survivor (for xp) and then grab the crate. If I grab the crate with the second survivor, the raid ends immediately and my third doesn't get a turn, let alone the walkers.

If Chillidawg accomplished the third goal, the raid should have ended immediately without the walkers getting a turn. Why would it not end immediately? One possibility would be if the game did not register the flag goal as accomplished. It thinks there is still a goal outstanding, so it doesn't automatically end the raid. Instead, it processes the walker turn as normal and Chilli's last raider gets eaten.

So the bug happens sometimes when the flag is lowered. The game processes the animation of the lowering flag and unlocks the gate, but does not register the flag goal as complete. There's a bug in there somewhere.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • ChilidawgChilidawg Member Posts: 58
    Thanks, you articulated the problem way better than I ever could.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    good point @pig.
    I will start collecting screenshots of my flag icon not lit up to try to find a pattern. But I have had instances where I killed all the defenders and only had one guy alive. I run and he opens the trade good box and then he falls over dead.
    Well that didn't take long...see screenshot where the battle ended in a draw. The flag icon is not lit up although I captured the flag and the TG box is lit up instead when I never even opened the box.