Changing Guild Name

I inherited a guild named Survivors and we have a good crew. Unfortunately no one can find the guild when trying to join. I don't know why this is. Can anyone help? Can we change the guild name? What are the consequences?

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,145
    @bluehorton instead of changing the guild name, add a unique description at the beginning of the guild description and have potential recruits search for it.

It can be like #bluehorten.
    bluehortonbigbeano
  • bluehortonbluehorton Member Posts: 21
    Thanks @zbot - I will try this and see what happens. I hope it works.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,279
    @bluehorton There'a no way to change the Guild Name - and the description doesn't always help. Our guild has discussed having me create a new guild with a very unique name and we all move over to it.

The easiest thing would for NG to allow us to change the name and make the search more robust. That is low priority for sure.

Good luck!
    Artisansbigbeanobluehorton
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,525
    @bluehorton Despite to what says @zbot forget about #tags and descriptions.
    Just pay (...advertize with 100 gold your guild) and the recruit mission is solved.
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    Advertising doesn't work waste of your gold
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,145
    @drkuhar , advertising is a mixed bag, some guilds have no trouble finding recruits as @capibara mentioned here, while others have issues. Could it be specific guild related, not sure, but if it doesn't work for you I would avoid it. Please note even with the advertising, it's still an uphill battle since there are many guilds that advertise at the same time.
    capibarabluehorton
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    @zbot advice worked for me. Thanks again :+1:
  • bluehortonbluehorton Member Posts: 21
    Yes, agree that advertising does not necessarily help. Trying the tag in the description to see what happens.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    This should be in a future update,as well as more guild related options like other games have!Maybe like borrowing a survivor or gear.Anyone else like this idea?It may be a stretch,but it would be fun I think!