Outpost Question(s)

I generally refuse to actively do player versus player. In RuneScape I won't go into the Wildy. In other games I play, I do my best to only do player versus environment. It's a me thing I guess. I prefer to not attack real people. Even if it really is only pixels.

Correct me if I'm wrong. In outposts now, you lose nothing when you have the real outpost and get raided.

(Real outpost is the one that can be raided. Fake or tutorial outpost is the one in your camp.)

I would have done outposts sooner if I had the option to remove the real outpost at will.

I have not yet started a real outpost on my main or secondary account.

I don't get that much game time/play time.

Is a real outpost worth it if you only play on weekends? (Presuming one goes on raids for crates (trade goods).)

My current intention is to set up for the free trade goods thingy for others if I do outposts. I don't know what influence is/means. Or anything else regarding outposts for that matter.

Again, if I could remove it if I didn't like it, I probably have already given it a try.

Help me to understand this, please.

Comments

• VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    If you want to stock up on Trade Goods to get the goods in the shop then yes you should do raids. Influence really only affects the trade goods bonus you get which is every 14 days I believe. You don't lose trade goods when people raid your outpost, only influence if they win.

You can do scout runs and take trade goods without actually engaging the other players team. It's a "victory" but you nor him or her lose influence. It only cost 2 gas, hospital time is lower than regular missions if you get hurt. try it out, its not that intimidating.
    RedEye52jimmorrison369
  • WolfegarWolfegar Member Posts: 38
    Thank you, Vakali, for your response. I was reading the http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15720/will-you-lay-down-your-arms-and-surrender-with-me#latest thread and liking the concept.

So . . . Just how does one actually leave without killing everything first? Is there a button or something?
    GrimGael
  • VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    edited December 2016
    Position scout next to door closest to TG box, open door with another character and the scout on most maps can reach TG in one turn. As long as you have a character with an action point you can leave right then and there with the trade goods with either minimal damage or none at all.

Sometimes you may get interrupted and then you may have to fight a little or leave without trade goods if you don't want to risk hospital time.
    RedEye52
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    As above. You press complete after collecting the trade goods.
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    It's fine if you generally prefer PvE over PvP. But Outposts here are not the conventional PvP dynamics like in your garden-variety mmorpg; opponent is solely AI controlled; there's no live player on the other side of the screen. Of course you may already be aware of this.

You can hit that "Draw" button on top right anytime after collecting TG crate to end the raid in peace & harmony...with a handful of tradegoods for your efforts. Ocassionally you might get jammed up out there; so you can either hold Court on the streets, or just click Draw/Complete to end it.

Hope you have fun out there, and no worries as it's not conventional pvp in this game.
    jimmorrison369SCBMA
    Okay. Thank you.

My primary account is Wolfegar. My secondary account is Foxgar. (Names of characters I'd do in role-playing games from way back.)

I may just try outposts in my secondary account. If it works well for me there, I may do outposts in my primary account.
    Thank you, Movado. I just may give this a try on my secondary account.
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    Personally, I don't care about influence anymore and now I just use a scout, take the stash and then complete, as quick as possible :smile:
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    1RisMarcus6253
    So . . . I've started a "real" outpost on my secondary account. (Foxgar) So far I've lost more crates (trade goods) than I've gained. No one seems to be doing the "take my trade goods and go" thing.

I suppose I should not have expected bronze level folk to be doing this. Oh well . . . .

By the way . . . I chose the recommended lake map but it didn't look like the one that One Less Titan posted in this thread. http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15720/will-you-lay-down-your-arms-and-surrender-with-me/p1

It looked like there was a missing wall or something. Anyway, my defenders are the original guys I got when I started the tutorial outpost. I did upgrade them slightly and they may have slightly good equipment. But if your team has level 5s on it, you could probably take them out.

I'm offering free trade goods (crates) for however wants them. I just wish I could get them. *sigh*
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Wolfegar
    I'm assuming in both your accounts, you started the outpost building in camp so you could collect trade goods just like the tents and farms. I started a second account several months after my main, but this was back when you could lose trade goods if you were raided. So instead of setting up my second account outpost (making it "real", as you put it), I just placed it in my camp, leveled it up and collected the TGs with no fear of being raided. Think I got close to 200K saved up before I finally decided to set it up for raiding.

By the way, you say you've lost more trade goods than gained, but that's not true. If you're being raided by people who are killing all your defenders, the thing you're losing is influence, not trade goods. The amount of influence you have determines the amount of trade goods you collect at the end of the cycle. It probably won't make much difference to you if you're in the bronze tier (500TG reward) or silver tier (1000TG reward). But if you care about that, then you might have to occasionally take out all 3 defenders to add influence.

I never liked raiding before either, but I do all the time now for the Trade Good Grab n Go. Especially with all the stuff available in the shop. Enjoy :)
    SCBMAGrimGael
    I spent more trade goods raiding some guys than I gained in succeding in the raids. I guess I don't what I'm doing..........
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    It gets better. It's a little bit different than a lot of other things in the game, but once you have a system it is easier.
    jimmorrison369
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    How do get multiple accounts? My son wants to play but because I have an account he can't create one! Sorry for going off subject!
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,050
    You need a different appleID/AndroidID.

You then need to log in the different account on your phone/tablet.
    Then start/install the game on the new account