Best hero for outpost attacks.?

Yo guys its my first weak i start played on the outpost attacks section,
now my survivors are lvl 20[Legendary's] and i realize that the ranged survivors are best for the outpost attacks.[if on your opinion not , share it the best team]
so far the game got 12 heros, and i dont know who the best for the team, my first thought was Abraham.
you guys have any other thoughts? thank your for sharing :)

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Maggie for extra xp
    Glenn for extra food and finishing of tanks and armored walkers
    Daryl for ranged critical chance increase

My team usually
    Daryl, assault and scout
    Or
    Abraham, hunter and scout

I find scouts to be really effective against tanks and armored walkerz
    And you can use them to take the loot and leave

Assault is essential for the stunning of the defenders

Hunter, is just hunter
    RonRonPapacasdocfinzenburgbigbeano
  • RonRonRonRon Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for sharing bro,
    okay so according to your strategy should i use my radios on Daryl or Abraham first?[both epic right now]
    more thoughts anyone?
    If you have to use your radios on hero calls.
    Then I think both daryl and abraham are good options.
    I can imagine daryl would be closer to legendary.

Personally I think increased critical chance can be very valuable.
    Especially when using sure-shot etc.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,690
    Not sure about 'ranged' survivors. I only attack outposts with scout, warrior assault. Sometimes i use a bruiser instead assault.. Rodents are not ranged... ;)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    WalkerballzSCBMA
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I use Assault/Shooter/Scout for my Outpost raids. The Shooter helps on Armored and Tank walkers and then use thier charged ability to take out most survivor defenders in one round.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    jimmorrison369RedEye52
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    Rosita.

If you have to use your radios on hero calls.
    Then I think both daryl and abraham are good options.
    I can imagine daryl would be closer to legendary.

Personally I think increased critical chance can be very valuable.
    Especially when using sure-shot etc.

i have a question about the critcal chance, if my hunter have sure shot trait[40%] and luck trait lvl6[20%] his weapon also have golden luky trait[20%]+ i use Dayrl on my team-trait lvl6[10%] = so my hunter have 90% chance ctritcal shot?[of course while not moving]
    capibara said:

Not sure about 'ranged' survivors. I only attack outposts with scout, warrior assault. Sometimes i use a bruiser instead assault.. Rodents are not ranged... ;)

lol , thank you for sharing
    Dodkong said:

I use Assault/Shooter/Scout for my Outpost raids. The Shooter helps on Armored and Tank walkers and then use thier charged ability to take out most survivor defenders in one round.

you dont use any hero? thank you for sharing.
    bladgier said:

Rosita.

Rosita's team trait looks awesome , but why you use especially her? and what about her team?
    RonRon said:

i have a question about the critcal chance, if my hunter have sure shot trait[40%] and luck trait lvl6[20%] his weapon also have golden luky trait[20%]+ i use Dayrl on my team-trait lvl6[10%] = so my hunter have 90% chance ctritcal shot?[of course while not moving]

No not like that.
    2 things

1. Luck doesn't add like that.
    It would be 50% + 50%*40% = 70%
    2. Critical has a base chance
    I think 30%.

I'm not sure but it would be 100% or over.
    Body-shots will cancel critical though

RonRon
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    Rosita and 2 shooters. Her trait provides more damage when shooting one target. Most of the times you can kill one defender with 4 shots of 2 shooters charged, even behind cover. Range on pistols essential. Then pull back charge again on walkers, 2 defenders remaining. Stun and yupikayeey. Easy.
    jimmorrison369RonRonCelerysteve
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    If your intentions are mainly TG's, then it doesn't matter as much which Heroes, but Glenn would have dual purpose of helping you gather extra tomatoes and having the extra grid-cell movement to grab. But if your intentions are more murderous, then I think the ranged-heroes with % boosts for team and/or 'Retaliate' traits would be most viable, as it's inherently a 7-turn-limit shootout once gate opens. But I would politely caution against using Heroes too prematurely in raids before they've been properly leveled with traits unlocked/upgraded. Otherwise they tend to just end up on first-name basis with the Hospital nurses.
    SCBMA

RonRon said:

No not like that.
    2 things

1. Luck doesn't add like that.
    It would be 50% + 50%*40% = 70%
    2. Critical has a base chance
    I think 30%.

I'm not sure but it would be 100% or over.
    Body-shots will cancel critical though

thanks for you answer!
    bladgier said:

Rosita and 2 shooters. Her trait provides more damage when shooting one target. Most of the times you can kill one defender with 4 shots of 2 shooters charged, even behind cover. Range on pistols essential. Then pull back charge again on walkers, 2 defenders remaining. Stun and yupikayeey. Easy.

Very good strategy! Rosita 10 radio day already past?

anyone have more ideas?
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @RonRon
    I don't use heroes much in outpost as the one's I'd prefer to try (Abraham, Jesus, Rosita) aren't upgraded enough yet. I use my epic Maggie in 95% of my other mission types, but prefer raid team of scout, assault & warrior. My raid style is for TG only, attack defenders if they are intentionally blocking and/or I'm nearing the end of my play session so don't care about injuries.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before in the forums - what I like to do before opening the gate is try to get a scouting report on defender locations so I can place my guys accordingly. After initial walkers cleared, line up at the gate and hit End Turn a few times while looking to see where the white lines and circles are on the map. I'd say 90% of the time I get an accurate read of where the defenders are before I open the gate. The other 10% I either misinterpret the info or it just plain doesn't work. I think it makes a difference which of your guys is selected when you hit End Turn. I select my scout so I can 'see' the furthest and see if it looks like she can reach the crate in one move. Sometimes, based on the preview, I change my strategy, shift my guys around, and use the scout to open the gate. Assault stuns the 3 defenders, then warrior goes in to clear the blocked path.

I'm in the silver tier, maybe I'll see you there. Have fun!
    SCBMA
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,410
    I only use Abraham to get the ranged attack bonus and bump to health. I use Maggie for all my XP farming. I avoid Glenn for now because I'm maxed on supplies. Once I get Tara leveled up higher, I can see her trait being very useful. I am not sure about the others yet. They are still too low level for me to use.
    NCDawgFanSCBMA
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Sure Shot and Critical Chance (Accurate or Daryl leader trait) traits do not stack with each other. They are independent. But if you have both it's kind of like you get two rolls of RNG per attack to try and get a critical hit.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • la_ll64la_ll64 Member Posts: 61
    I use Daryl, Glenn and Jesus to raid outposts. They are all legendary level 20.
    I Only go for Tg, but IF defender is in my way they have to be killed.
  • CelerysteveCelerysteve Member Posts: 56
    Assaults for stunning and just being the best class all around.

Shooters and bruisers are also best suited for human targets. No other class can potentially stop a single attacker by themselves in the same turn, except warriors. Warriors still have to go head to head though and are not as durable.
    edited December 2016

Sure Shot and Critical Chance (Accurate or Daryl leader trait) traits do not stack with each other. They are independent. But if you have both it's kind of like you get two rolls of RNG per attack to try and get a critical hit.

Really?
    Description sure-shot says: X% more critical chance.
    Description daryl-trait says: X% better critical chance.
    Description accurate says: Increase critical chance by X%

While maybe somewhat vague. All 3 descriptions seem to talk about the same critical chance.
    How did you come to your conclusion?
    @crambert_nec

Edit.
    After a little test I must disagree.
    Sure-shot 40%
    Accurate 15%
    Daryl 8%
    Base chance 30%

95%
    Luck 16%
    100+ %.

And behold, i had 100% critical hits. This can only work if the criticals stack.

@crambert_nec
    But maybe you have convincing information?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @jimmorrison369 Hmmm I could have sworn that I read that they are separate "rolls". Sure Shot gives you a critical chance only if you attack without moving, so that's why I had thought the % was independent of the other traits. @Shteevie can you give us any clarification?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369
    I admit i've read something about seperate-rolls to. But still, getting 25 critical hits in a row makes me think this is not the case.