NG - Come clean on the token wheel of terror

A
mongo911bababooeyTop8dogTapatio75SgtSalamiSynapseRangerDLichbigbeanoPain WalkerHaiyanPapacasJackBauerTombworldRedEye52InspTurbinesWallStreetArtisans

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Unfortunately it is all about luck... So yes it is very possible for 1 person to use 500 radios and unlock a hero while another needs 1000.

Patience is key here... In time you will eventually unlock all the heroes...
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 681
    I believe it's not really RNG, the radio calls order are fixed. I encountered connectivity issues while making 3 x 15 calls. The game disconnected and reloaded itself with my 45 radios still intact. So I proceeded to spin the wheel again and gotten the exact same rarity and class of survivors for the first 30 calls (round 2).

My mind goes okay...... Let's try this >:) . I went on several rounds of missions before attempting the last of my 15 calls, Guess what? Yes the exact same rarity of survivors again. Coincidence? I think not.
    Haiyanmongo911WallStreetflyingcowking
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    Seriously we need luck badge to swap with token :lol:
    SupremeCommanderZach
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,203
    Getting hero tokens is just a matter of luck and with the luck heavily tilted not in our favor. I have stopped even thinking of getting hero tokens. I like my survivors more than these heroes. I have now 300 plus phones and I would be burning them soon. Let's hope, my survivors get the first pink star

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

PapacasRedEye52Neil_JSgtSalami
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @zeeblack
    Let's hope we get discounted calls for new year :wink:
    zeeblackPapacasRedEye52
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,203
    @Squall yeah me waiting for that too

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    > @Helio said:
    > Unfortunately it is all about luck... So yes it is very possible for 1 person to use 500 radios and unlock a hero while another needs 1000.
    >
    > Patience is key here... In time you will eventually unlock all the heroes...

Oh my that's very funny great joke I laughed my ass off!
    RedEye52ArtisansSynapseRanger
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168

392? I have 30, the tokens from the season 7 mission. I've never gotten Michonne tokens from a call.

There is 10 Michonne tokens free from the shop, there is another 4 tokens for purchase also (happen to me once during the 12 hero days), and a few weeks ago the guild reward hero tokens, so clearly you miss something for just 30 tokens only.
    eb23RedEye52
  • la_ll64la_ll64 Member Posts: 61
    I used 250 phones yesterday to get 72 Michonne tokens, i got a lot of other tokens and 8 times i got 10 Michonne tokens. I got what i wanted but i also got alot of common/ uncommon survivors to.
    They are not worth 10 phones
    Ovidmikel
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    I get offered heaps of hero tokens I don't accept them or less it's daryl, glenn or abe, I would have so many of the show characters open if I wanted them.
    Maybe that's the key don't want them and you'll get them
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    Ovidmikel
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    As far as I know there's a mechanic in place in the game where some RandomNumberGenerator results (like the post-mission crates, and I assume also survivor calls) are stored in case you get disconnected. So that after getting back in the game returns you to the same results you got before you were disconnected.

If your results were awesome, you'll be VERY happy the game did this. If the results were crappy, you'll be less happy.

If unaware of this system, I can see how it could look rigged to the player, but it really is not.

But the reason for it is to prevent exploiting it. If it didn't work like that, people would just force close the game every time the result wasn't half nice and try again after restarting, and if need be would do this ad nauseum to get the optimal results. This would totally defeat the randomeness.
    TheLostOnesinsight55Felioant
  • PicklePickle Member Posts: 11
    I went through 200 radios with a mix of 10 and 15 calls and not one michonne token! I didn't get any on the last michonne event either.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 728
    MadPuppy said:

As far as I know there's a mechanic in place in the game where some RandomNumberGenerator results (like the post-mission crates, and I assume also survivor calls) are stored in case you get disconnected. So that after getting back in the game returns you to the same results you got before you were disconnected.

Unfortunately thats not what i recall from previous threads regarding mission crates (maybe someone can find it).
    What you're suggesting is the same as me placing 9 boxes in front of you containing items, then choose any three and we see whats in there and write down the results in case 1 of us forgets.

However, from previous threads, what happens is that i place 9 empty boxes in front of you having already written down what the results are prior to you choosing the boxes, i then place the item in the box as you choose it according to what is written. It doesn't matter which box you choose, the choice is only an illusion as you'll get the items in the order decided prior to you picking a box.

An accurate representation would simply give us 3 boxes to open, if we get 3 free extras or pay, place 3 more boxes there to open. Up to a maximum of 9 boxes.

What this also leaves us with, is that we, the players assume the worse. Until someone checks with one of the coders, we are left with the assumption that radio calls are predetermine long in advance as opposed to when the call is made. If the results/changes had been recorded locally then why weren't they implemented upon startup of game? Why have the player repeat the process?

Someone inside NG needs to confirm what's going on and ensure the game is made more accurate in the future in its reprentation of whats going on.

Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    TheSittingDuckRedEye52SCBMA
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Ah, I think you are right on that, but not 100% sure. I think the the content is linked to the first click, second click, etc, not to the location of the box. It's still random though. Afaik there's not any script to manipulate the results either positively or negatively.

And I think that's true, because sometimes when there's only three special tickets to get, I get all three of them on my first three clicks, and the reverse also happens, there's three tickets and after clicking open six boxes, the remaing three boxes contain all the tickets. And any combination in between happens too ofcourse.

I think its totally logical to have the rewards linked to the order of the clicks rather than the placements of the boxes. Again in order to prevent exploitation. Else people would just force restart the game as many times as needed to get that gold ticket every time, which would defeat the purpose of randomeness.

Sure, if it works this way, an argument could be made that the choice is an illusion. But heck, if you don't know what's where, that choice is an illusion anyway. (If in fact such a thing as free choice exists ;) )
    edited December 2016
    MadPuppy said:

Ah, I think you are right on that, but not 100% sure. I think the the content is linked to the first click, second click, etc, not to the location of the box. It's still random though. Afaik there's not any script to manipulate the results either positively or negatively.

And I think that's true, because sometimes when there's only three special tickets to get, I get all three of them on my first three clicks, and the reverse also happens, there's three tickets and after clicking open six boxes, the remaing three boxes contain all the tickets. And any combination in between happens too ofcourse.

I think its totally logical to have the rewards linked to the order of the clicks rather than the placements of the boxes. Again in order to prevent exploitation. Else people would just force restart the game as many times as needed to get that gold ticket every time, which would defeat the purpose of randomeness.

Sure, if it works this way, an argument could be made that the choice is an illusion. But heck, if you don't know what's where, that choice is an illusion anyway. (If in fact such a thing as free choice exists ;) )

No one ever complained about the contents of the 9 boxes being random and determined at start of mission.
    BUT many feel deceived when 9 boxes are placed in front of them and we're asked to pick 3 only to find out that what we received was decided prior to choosing the boxes. It is more than the illusion of free choice, it is misleading. Then to offer the chance to open 3 more if we pay either by time/bandwidth or via gold, possibly obtained through real money transaction is plain wrong when the outcome has already been determined. It should be pointed out that choice was present initially until the process was abused as you've described. That however doesn't explain why in the ample time since, the presentation of a choice hasn't been removed to match the reality. I personally would love to know what those, new to the game, who don't visit these forums believe is happening in the game? I put forward they would be shocked to discover there is no choice when there appears to be one.

The purpose of randomness isn't meant to be what you get but the contents of the items you could possibly get.
    When the game started it was possible for a 'lucky' person to get every good item randomly offered without force restarting the game. If the rewards are to be fixed to an order then why not give everyone the same rewards based upon the time a mission started? Why have random rewards?

If it was logical to have the rewards linked to your clicks instead of the boxes then why have the boxes? Why not just have click 3 times for your rewards? Watch this or pay gold and click 3 more times?

While i hate to use common sense, because it appears sense ain't common, it should be explained in game that while you can choose 3 boxes it doesn't really matter what you pick and if you happen to get or not get something good or bad it's not luck or skill but a predetermined result.

Finally we'll have to take your word that there's not a script to influence the results positively or negatively but in slots/poker machines there are for example and as this thread has shown you can be mistaken on occasion.

Why have 3 boxes on radio tower rewards when you can only ever open 1?

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

mongo911InspTurbinesTheSittingDuckArtisans
  • TheSittingDuckTheSittingDuck Member Posts: 208
    That's the essence:
    DIblis said:

It doesn't matter which box you choose, the choice is only an illusion as you'll get the items in the order decided prior to you picking a box.

Yep, "elections are rigged" folks... :neutral: (was VERY disappointed discovering it some time ago)

mongo911MadPuppySurvivor6ix
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    As a long time software engineer it fascinates me to see these posts where the programmer is assumed to have God like powers to manipulate player behavior. Which is easier to do set up a RNG that determines every outcome or write code that takes into account each player, which tokens they currently have, which ones they want and then design an algorithm to keep them trying but continue to frustrate their end result. Trust me any programmer who can do that is not working for a game company. The R in RNG stands for random and that is exactly what it is.
    MadPuppyzbotInspTurbinesDoTakShut_Up
  • warwar Member Posts: 454
    I got over 200 Michonne tokens wtf when did I get that many

I'm probably better than like 70% of you people here.
    javajnkiekruvnonalqgane
    @Marcus6253, if your refering to @mongo911 's post, he's refering to actual NG job descriptions that were advertised on their website several months ago. They referred to experimenting on us labrats, dividing us up and having fun poking us to see if we reacted as they predicted.

If your referring to my comment on scripting results then I'd draw your attention to slot/poker machines, part of the process uses an rng to generate the cards combined with set parameters the influence whether it can be a winning or losing roll depending on the total money collected/payed out. At end of day it will never pay out more than it collected or set to pay back to gamblers.

InspTurbinesmongo911ArtisansSgtSalami
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I have been playing since mid February and finally unlocked Michonne just yesterday. I only make 15 radio calIs since i find the 10 radio "special calls" a terrible investment. I now have all the heros now except Morgan who I could care less if I ever unlock. Who wants yet another useless bruiser with a leader trait that only works when he gets injured. Good luck.
    RedEye52MonsutaCaptainslayerjavajnkie
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Morgan is a vegetarian too so that makes it harder to supply with food. He probably wouldn't have eaten the dogs.
    OneLessTitanantbigbeano
  • TheSittingDuckTheSittingDuck Member Posts: 208
    I think @DIblis comments are one of the most important here on forums and as those should be sticky in some place for beginners, because they clearly shows everyone that RNG isn't in fact so random after all (from my exp. only wall walkers are). I mean, I get the exploit security reasons, but still it's determined God knows how many moves forward...and because of that 9 boxes to open is a kinda scam and pointless feature, player should have info before mission what 3 rewards will get (which of course cannot be changed) and then he could pick up another "batch" with gold or ad (surely it will complicate silver\gold ticket system, but everything is doable). This would be fair at least. And thx for the LOLs guys, accidentaly it sounded funny but I was very serious about the game (sometimes just can't put it right in english though).
    Walkerballzmongo911WallStreet