Help! Need to restore my game!

sborgsborg Member Posts: 550
I did a factory reset on my android and reloaded TWD from the Play Store, but when the game opens, I'm at a screen with lvl 1 and 2 walkers. My game had been connected/synced before the reset. How do I get back to where I was?

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,452
    @sborg try to log out and log back in to your google play. If that doesn't work, instructions for lost games.

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 550
    Thanks.
    @zbot Any idea where I send the info needed to restore the game? All the help screen in settings provided was the ability to send an email.
    @sborg , click settings (gear icon), help, contact us. It's the direct line to support.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Did you finish that first mission because if you have been connected though Google play it will tell you another version has been found after you finish th first mission and would you like to restore to the saved game progress found.
    Those instructions are short on details. Any idea where the FAQ "How do I save my game" is located?
    Save game for android

You can save your game by connecting it to a Google Play account.

Google Play supports only one save game per account and trying to use multiple games with one account may result in the loss of your game(s).
    Open the Google Play app on your device
    Launch the game and open the Social menu. Do it by tapping on the envelope on the upper right of your camp
    Tap on the Google Play Sign-in button to connect your game. It is on the bottom right
    Shut_Up said:

Did you finish that first mission because if you have been connected though Google play it will tell you another version has been found after you finish th first mission and would you like to restore to the saved game progress found.

No, I was afraid to finish the first misson, thinking that might override what I've saved.

@sborg , when you start the new game, after the first tutorial mission starts, it will tell you whether there's a previous save game, you don't have to finish it or do anything, just start it and if the save game exists, it will tell you.
    On Apple I had to finish the first mission before it said another saved version was found because I too was afraid to finish the first mission or tutorial is really why it was
    It didn't. I finished the first tutorial and it's wanting me to upgrade the council, train survivors and upgrade bldgs. No prompt to restore the saved game.
    Ok one last tip before I'm out of so called tips. Are you signed into your game oglemplay account since you did the reset?
    zbot said:

Save game for android

Launch the game and open the Social menu. Do it by tapping on the envelope on the upper right of your camp

There is no envelope on the upper right of my camp.
    Shut_Up said:

Ok one last tip before I'm out of so called tips. Are you signed into your game oglemplay account since you did the reset?

I signed into Google Play and installed the game from there.
    sborg said:

zbot said:

Save game for android

There is no envelope on the upper right of my camp.
    It's the news (envelope icon).
    ? I'm not seeing one.

@sborg, if you've logged out and logged back into your google play and the save game didn't show up, most likely the game is lost. I would wait for support to respond.

Please post here or PM me your player name, player level, and guild (if any) and I can check with support when they return Tuesday morning (Finnish time).
    zbot said:

@sborg, if you've logged out and logged back into your google play and the save game didn't show up, most likely the game is lost. I would wait for support to respond.

Please post here or PM me your player name, player level, and guild (if any) and I can check with support when they return Tuesday morning (Finnish time).

Thanks. PM sent.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Moved to Game Issues.