Episode 14, Nightmare

13»

Comments

• tallinietallinie Member Posts: 394
    Papacas said:

@tallinie I am trying to do 14.4 with similar team as you did. Now my problem is I do not have a pistol with both interrupt and extended range. So my question is, after the initial fatie and two regular walkers are dealt with (which can take like 5 turns...) how did you kill the Freeman that is working the container?

Don't remember exactly what was distance from the upper corner to the container but I think you don't need that extended range to still be in safe distance. Interrupt, combined with some luck and dodge, would be more important in this stage as you probably can't kill all walkers anyways.

I had one shooter in the top and one shooter in the bottom, both in cover, and used them to kill that Freeman working on the container. I didn't kill the first fatty, to save some turns before first respawn.
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    tallinie said:

Papacas said:

@tallinie I am trying to do 14.4 with similar team as you did. Now my problem is I do not have a pistol with both interrupt and extended range. So my question is, after the initial fatie and two regular walkers are dealt with (which can take like 5 turns...) how did you kill the Freeman that is working the container?

Don't remember exactly what was distance from the upper corner to the container but I think you don't need that extended range to still be in safe distance. Interrupt, combined with some luck and dodge, would be more important in this stage as you probably can't kill all walkers anyways.

I had one shooter in the top and one shooter in the bottom, both in cover, and used them to kill that Freeman working on the container. I didn't kill the first fatty, to save some turns before first respawn.
    @tallinie that is the issue. If i want my 2 shooters in cover, one up and one down, while i assume the hunter is using interrupt on the first fattie, i cannot shoot at the guy working the container without going out of cover and thus being attacked by more than one of the freemen.... and domyou ever kill the fattie or just keep him controlled until you make a run for the exit?
    Well count me in on the club, all story missions done. Only achievement left undone is the Facebook thingie because.. well I do not have a FB profile, hehehe
    crambert_necbigbeano
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Papacas

any new tips on 14.5 ? Im still stuck
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    edited October 2016
    @Conan1976 Well I followed tallinie's approach. I had a hunter with interrupt, shooter with interrupt and no extended range (Shooter 1) and another shooter with no interrupt but with extended range (Shooter 2). I first killed the 2 initial regular walkers with my shooters while hunter kept the fattie at a distance with interrupt. Then i sent my Shooter 2 up and Shooter 1 Down, both looking for cover and attacking the savior that's messing up with the container. That was the hardest part because the other saviors frequently killed one of my shooters before the container guy was taken down. I did do quite a few tries but i think i managed to pull out 2 bullet dodges with my Shooter 2 and so i could kill the container guy.

After that walkers swarmed the area so it was run for your life to exit and hope for the best. I know 2 of my survivors were close to dead but i finally got it done. I know that if both my shooters had max extended range, things could have gone much easier...
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @Papacas That's 14.4. 14.5 is the longer graveyard level with the fence and many hidden Freemen.

@Conan1976 Have you tried my strategy I posted a few pages back? It's a very hard level for sure.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    @crambert_nec you could not ge more right, sorry for that. Let me check which approach i followed...
    Conan1976
    Well i followed Tallinie's approach. I used same team as in 14.5. Killed first shooter and hunter, went up and killed the scout hidding behind the grave. Then you see the gate and in my first try i made the mistake of rush open it. The hunter behind the wall had my team for lunch and also the walkers that spawn helped a lot, including the fattie.

So next try i did the same but when i saw the gate i took my time. First i nailed that hunter. Then positioned my 2 shooters above the gate, hidding and opened the gate with the hunter. I managed to see the fatzo that spawns with the gate opening walk the other way and only had to kill one walker with my shooters.

My biggest troubles began after gate was done. Chased by more than 4 walkers and with saviors blocking my way. Well i moved down and killed the first savior but could never kill the others. Hunter in last position interrupting the walker pack (narrow pursuit patch so it worked). I decided to make the most of yet another walker spawn and ran to the exit, sustaining heavy damage but no casualties. Quite lucky...
    Conan1976
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @crambert_nec @Papacas

Thanx, ill give it a try this weekend :)
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Papacas
    No problem and good luck. If you can let us know how you did...
  • ArggghArgggh Member Posts: 5
    Also finished episode 14 nightmare some time ago. It wasn't too difficult with double luck, dodge and bullet dodge.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Well, I'm glad I finished this episode on nightmare before this new update. Some of these levels are most likely impossible with the new trait nerfs.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    TheCrabOvidmikelGrimGael
  • personlllpersonlll Member Posts: 79
    Anyone made any progress on CH. 14 on nightmare mode post update 2.3?
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,469
    I just passed 14.4 after many MANY tries, due to incredible luck. Had the perfect spawn at the beginning, with the fatty somehow showing up one lvl under, and several cinematic critical shots and dodges at the only possible moment. I still think it is not doable just with strategy and good playing. You need luck. Insane amounts of luck.

I'm about to try 14.5 but I have absolutely no expectations. I'm still awaiting for an official statement about this. Staff simply ignoring isn't good. Many players explicited this concern.
  • EZEKIELEZEKIEL Member Posts: 399
    i wish someone had strategies/tips on how to complete 14.2 on nightmare after the upgrade... all of those others tips that was given out doesnt even work anymore... can someone help who has recently completed episode 14 on nightmare..
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Guild:The Kingdom..
    Guild: The Kingdom
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,324
    Just beat it now. Finally. Months on trying. Two bruisers did the job.
    And now mission 3 completed.
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 390
    edited January 2017
    @avelardez any suggestion about 14-3 in nightmare mode?

I tried many times right now with a "strange" result: the mission closes automatically after three shots hit to the savior... I dont know why.

it's impossible to kill him with only three shots!

I played with Abraham as leader, an hunter and a shooter.

Thx in advance 4 yr feedback
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 75
    Guild : MAVERICKS UK 

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is still alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 579
    avelardez said:

Just beat it now. Finally. Months on trying. Two bruisers did the job.

How? Any advice or tips?
    edited January 2017
    @RickGrames

Look above at picture. Is that the one? If so, I used two bruisers and a scout. Cant make noise because it alarms them and you lose. When you shoot the alarm goes off. Must kill the one savior first before you can advance. Silence is key just in the begining.

I hit with both bruisers to stun him then finish with scout. Sometimes it worked and other it did not. May try different ways like Stun, stab stun or stab, stun stun, etc. this is on that first one. Then once you kill. Try to stun and then open one gate. Use scout for that and use bruisers to stun while you work. Used Morgan staff and New Lucille.
    Used assault Epic Abe, two shooter with gold grid ranged weapons. How I was able to accomplish this was by building all three fighters with full charges. I have to kill the tank and two in the begining. Kill the first spawn and then built charges on all three. Positioned fighter to move out. Used shooters up top to come out and use both charges on savior opening gate. Ran to that fence thing to fire shots. The assault hitvme but bullet dodge kicked in and took minimum damage. Then used second shooter shoot both charges at him too. This weakened him a lot. Then used assault to stun assault and all surrounding.

Then the next move I used my shooter to kill the savior with one last hit and the Walkers all came out as they attacked the savior who were all stunned and began to struggle several of them. The tank will come to you sonhave all with gold stun armors. Abe took a tank hit and was able to dodge it because he has Bitch Nutz!!! Lol. He came through today. Then I ran back and down to the bottom as far as I could and came around and shot at several saviors to weaken them. Was careful not to kill any walkers who were struggling any saviors. Was able to build one shooter's charge before the next spawn. Shot the far right Walker up top who spawned and this caused that scout to run up top and not attack me. But I was prepared to take one hit if need be. Then I was able to ran it to the finish line. Hope it helps.
    Troublemakerjammin[Deleted User]gespuer
    Great work on 14.4 @avelardez

14.5 still impossible though
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    Great advice on 14.4, @avelardez , thanks! You saved me big time!
    avelardez said:

Used assault Epic Abe, two shooter with gold grid ranged weapons. How I was able to accomplish this was by building all three fighters with full charges. I have to kill the tank and two in the begining. Kill the first spawn and then built charges on all three. Positioned fighter to move out. Used shooters up top to come out and use both charges on savior opening gate. Ran to that fence thing to fire shots. The assault hitvme but bullet dodge kicked in and took minimum damage. Then used second shooter shoot both charges at him too. This weakened him a lot. Then used assault to stun assault and all surrounding.

Then the next move I used my shooter to kill the savior with one last hit and the Walkers all came out as they attacked the savior who were all stunned and began to struggle several of them. The tank will come to you sonhave all with gold stun armors. Abe took a tank hit and was able to dodge it because he has Bitch Nutz!!! Lol. He came through today. Then I ran back and down to the bottom as far as I could and came around and shot at several saviors to weaken them. Was careful not to kill any walkers who were struggling any saviors. Was able to build one shooter's charge before the next spawn. Shot the far right Walker up top who spawned and this caused that scout to run up top and not attack me. But I was prepared to take one hit if need be. Then I was able to ran it to the finish line. Hope it helps.

Any progress on 14.5 Nightmare?