Armour and weapon traits, which ones are best?

Sorry for asking stupid questions but I would really appreciate some advice on what weapon and amour to upgrade and use for each class!

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,927
    @enigma12 what do you have?

Dodge is always great.

Stun resistance is great for outpost and for missions with Tanks.

After that it depends on the situation.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @Dale
    That wiki always seems to be incomplete and out of date. I use this site instead:

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/traits/
    RedEye52enigma12
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I like dodge, lethal, lucky. Those are always good. There are a lot that are for certain weapon types though.
    Good luck, dumbass
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited December 2016
    Don't listen to anyone who is telling you that dodgeeis a great trait to invest in... You will thank me later once you hit over +5 walkers your level
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Kali - So what traits are good against walkers +5 above your level? Are you saying you build your team to count on Wrestler to kill super high level walkers for one challenge star? And rely on Threat Reduction/Piercing/Lucky and Destructive on Charged Attacks when you get the rare kills vs +5 walkers? All while taking more damage and hospital time because you never dodge anything from lower level walkers?
    PigVakaliRedEye52
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited December 2016
    @OneLessTitan

I'm sure if i start discussing tactics here we will see more trait nerfs ;)

Usually most challenge maps are doable up to +5 your levels without needing to take damage or even dodge with the right weapon equipment and team combos

Therefore since dodge was nerf in 2.2 to not work after +5 your level, it's a pointless armor trait to have and invest in the long term

As you head towards the lvl 26+ walkers then that's when the real challenge begins and each map is situational in what trait could be useful

Therefore, most of my armor has the health boost and iron skin traits to help survive higher level walkers hit without going into instastruggle

If facing Fattys, then of course stun resistance is a must have.

As for weapons you already mention the popular ones such as piercing and destructive to help you through the body shots and increase your damage output on charged attacks to take down those higher level walkers.

In the end, its always a fear here on the forums now to discuss the best traits; because it can potentially be nerf just like what we saw to interrupt, luck, and dodge.

Best luck to you all ;)
    PutchucoswilleralesbaneJulialiciousenigma12
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Since when does Dodge flat out not work on walkers +5 your level?
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    Thanks everyone! @quitJOSHin is correct, the help list was out of date so I thank you for the new list! I can not get past level 24 fatties and armoured walkers which is my aim.
  • EyeAmGodEyeAmGod Member Posts: 6
    What's nerf?
    I'm a low lvl 26 and I enjoy +3 space range and dodge or stunn avoid.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @EyeAmGod welcome the forums.

So a few months ago dodge and luck used to stack. You could find the following -

15% gold luck on survivor
    15% gold luck on weapons
    15% gold dodge on survivor
    15% gold dodge on armor.

They all added up to eachother being 60% chance to dodge.

Luck and dodge all "stacked" and was added to eachother.

It seemed to be a big issue in outposts which many didn't play but that's a different story.

So to fix that NG "nerfed" (made less efficient) how luck stacks with EVERYTHING including dodge.

So that 30% chance of dodge and 30% added luck equaling 60% chance was lowered to 39% overnight. Instead of the 30% luck being added to the 30% dodge it's now a portion added. 30% of 30% is 9%.

Now it's been tweaked where luck on weapons and survivors are and can go slightly higher but it will never be the 60% it was merely 2 months ago.

I'll allow someone to explain the interrupt nerf. That happened the same time as the luck nerf. You missed all the fiasco on the forum around that time. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, imagine playing baseball with friends. Aluminum bat hits the ball nicely. Now imagine using a nerf styrofoam bat. Hence nerf.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    RedEye52EyeAmGod
    Okay you twisted my arm. The interrupt nerf that happened concurrently as the luck nerf was that interrupt USED to interrupt anything if it went off.

Interrupt is a trait found on weapons of all types. Typically it was "silver" at 80% and "gold" at 100%.

If you had a weapon with 100% interrupt you would guarantee to stop your opponent dead in their tracks during an overwatch attack.

Even silver interrupt at 80% was good cause remember is I mentioned above luck stacked. Any combination of 20% added luck and voila it's guaranteed to stop anything.

For no reason whatsoever while simultaneously making luck less efficient, NG made interrupt only work if it wasn't a body shot.

Now here's the kicker.

Any event you attack that's 5 levels it higher than you will ONLY BE A BODY SHOT. People used to get crazy stars. Some still do *cough cough @Amazayn " :wink:

Anyway NG offerred a new trait called piercing as a condolence or whatever to nerfing interrupt.

There now you're filled in :)

RedEye52EyeAmGod
    Lastly as @KaLi mentioned some of us old timers don't discuss strategy on here for fear the info will be used to "tweak" gameplay. The tactics we use now we don't share since this forum is monitored by NG we'd rather not have any strategies we use to be "nerfed" (there's that word again).

I suggest you join a guild if you're not in one already. There's a thread on just guilds here. Join one that communicates on some communication app such as line or kik it groupme or something and ask you're guild strategies.

Guilds are always willing to help their guild mates be their best.

Good luck to you :)

EyeAmGod
  • EyeAmGodEyeAmGod Member Posts: 6
    Great. Thanks for the info. I think I got it. I joined Anti Z ops and they seem like a nice group of ppl.
    @EyeAmGod here's some fun reading regarding why bullet dodge didn't work properly.

First there was an issue with bulletproof (armor trait) where having as an attacker wearing an armor that was suppose to help THEIR defense it wound up helping the person they were attacking found here

Then it was advised here by Shteevie that bullet dodge was stacking on top of dodge and luck making incredible defenders dodge everything

Then @Boruto realized there was an issue with bullet dodge which can be found here. Seemed that now any defenders attacked by a ranged survivor were dodging everything.

So as you can see there have been many issues with dodge/bullet dodge/luck/bullet proof working as intended so that nothing can be 100% guaranteed (on offense or defense) we now have the game the way it is now. :smile: