Outpost opponent "bonus attack" - wth?

Outpost assault opponents sometime have a "bonus attack" against you. Sometimes when you get close. Maybe others, e.g. Hunters. I can't find that it's a weapons, jacket or survivor trait. What's up with that? Thanks.

Comments

• bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Yes,@ Governator is right,some survivors set 2 defensive or stationary will hit you if u get within range,be careful! Most cases it's melee survivors near the TG,but, some ranged pple in cover do it as well.
    GovernatorBrew
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,160
    @bigbeano And let's not forget that Interrupt also kicks in during Overwatch! I've had my scout dash for the TG box only to get stopped in his tracks. I either have to flee (Draw) or go ahead and fight it out.
    bigbeanoBrewRedEye52
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Lol! My shooter with sure shot and the cold python is just chilling, in cover,right now!Negan awaiting anyone with bad intentions on the other end,outpost has got so brutal I had 2 step up my game a little!
    GovernatorBrew
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    But what about that "bonus attack" that flashes. I see it a lot as well. Not talking about retaliate or overwatch. I'm doing my own thing, it's not the defenders turn and I haven't even hit/shot anyone and Bam. Mfers bout to get dropped bc if sneak attacks are the case, we're fighting it out. I see it on both melee and ranged ( mostly melee). Is that bc of the stationary or defensive setting?
    Brew
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,160
    bsgper4 said:

But what about that "bonus attack" that flashes. I see it a lot as well. Not talking about retaliate or overwatch. I'm doing my own thing, it's not the defenders turn and I haven't even hit/shot anyone and Bam. Mfers bout to get dropped bc if sneak attacks are the case, we're fighting it out. I see it on both melee and ranged ( mostly melee). Is that bc of the stationary or defensive setting?

Oh yeah, I've seen that with the Freemen challenges. I guess the same logic applies to Outpost defenders.

Here's a good explanation: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16434/interrupt-overwatch-issue-with-freemen-bonus-attack
    bigbeanoBrew
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    @Governator yes, absolutely seen it on freeman. I think it's most confusing bc there's no warning indicator. You don't know if the defenders are in overwatch or interrupted or you just get within range for them to attack, but only sometimes do they attack. Very funny tricky gameplay.
    Thanks for the link!
    Brew