Supplies for TG

2»

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    @Shteevie Are there really that many players hoarding TGs and not spending them? I'm probably what you would consider an "end-level" player (maxed camp, several legendary survivors with good traits in each class, level 22-23 legendary equipment, etc.), yet I never hoard more than 20k TG. I usually get tokens and legendary crates whenever I see them appear, and only save TG when I know there's something good coming (e.g., Lucille in the TG shop).
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    gonza
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Give those people a 100 radios for 15m suplies deal.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    That's not an exchange rate I would think many people would be happy with. If other agree that they would not be offended by such a small exchange rate, we could consider it.

The other side of the equation - something for large TG stockpiles to splurge on - needs to be considered as well. It's not good enough to transfer a stockpile of one resource [like supplies] and turn it into a stockpile of another [like phones].
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited December 2016
    I think being allowed to trade/exchange supplies for anything is better than being maxed at supplies.

Even having the 10k TG back again for 2.5 million supplies for a few days is better to hold many players that are maxed over until there are more ways to spend our supplies.
    GovernatorTop8dogstevie05
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Shteevie

Well, whatever exchange rate numbers you/NG wishes to apply to it that is worse than the rate that has been offered previously. My suggestion was just throwing a dart at the dartboard for a starting point.

As someone who is not maxed yet, I can't say what sort of exchange rate I'd be willing to go in on. I would think it would depend on the level of frustration that maxed out players are suffering at. Desperate times, desperate measures and all that.

Maybe talk to your team on Monday for possible numbers and create a poll on here to gain some feedback.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    jimmorrison369
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @Bill_ZRT said it! A simple solution to the problem that @Shteevie sees (which I must admit, I don't see) would be to expand the offerings in the TG store. Funny thing is it's a bottleneck that was only recently introcued. Previously you could by as many 7,500 TG crates in a row you wanted
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Bill_ZRTMarcus6253Top8dogant
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Shteevie said:

That's not an exchange rate I would think many people would be happy with.

I agree partly, 15m suplies would be 60,000 TG if you take the usual route.
    60,000 tg would give you 120 radios normally.

I proposed 100, because the current rate is 0.
    I would know what to do...

0 phones + messages about suplies full (current situation)
    Or
    100 phones

GovernatorTop8dog
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    Instead of trading cans for TG I'm in favor of giving us another building (or something else) to spend cans on. And I spend all the TG, XP, phones I get when I get them. I only save up when I want something that needs more than I have. I'm at end game but there is still plenty of gear I want. I bought 5x12.5k random trait pistols during shooter week trying to get a high powered trait. I'll buy some more next time they show up too since I didn't get one :-)

NG isn't going to be giving everyone the perfect trait gear or the perfect trait survivors they want. (Well they offer it but it's not free). What would be the point in that? It's a game....play the game and embrace the euphoria of randomness :-)

That's what I do.

Jerry Dixon
    Grey Wolf Society
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    edited December 2016
    Why not offer a supplies for XP trade? Given that there are always survivors or equipment that can be upgraded, it seems like XP is a resource that people generally don't hoard.

Just throwing out numbers here, but if you allowed people to trade 4 or 5 million supplies for 1 million XP, someone who is maxed out in supplies can come pretty close to upgrade a level 20 legendary equipment to level 23. I hardly think this would break the game economy, but it would be tremendously helpful to max players who don't want to see their supplies wasted.

Thoughts @Shteevie?
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ant
  • OpieN98OpieN98 Member Posts: 50
    In a post apocalyptic world isn't everyone hoarding something? I was hoarding TG's until the phone offer was added, now I'm hoarding phones until an offer comes across that I feel I can't resist.

The issue here is there is we don't have a choice in hoarding supplies. With XP we have the option to spend the excess we start to encounter on survivors we don't really use or weapons that we can scrap later for at least some sort of return on investment.

How about tomato for XP swap?

Or if balance is the problem, at least offer something that doesn't upset the balance. Offer me a new couch for around my campfire, swap my tents out for shacks, let me pimp out my RV, anything.

As it has been stated this isn't really the solution we are hoping for, but at least it gives us something.
    1Risstevie05
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    XP TENTS
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @jimmorrison369

I think @Shteevie was referring to my suggestion of 5 mil supplies for 500 TGs as it's double the standard amount of supplies for only 5% the normal amount of TG in exchange.

Rather small for sure. But I'd bet there are some who would do it. And there would be some who would be upset by the offer. Just like everything else within the game.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    jimmorrison369Top8dog
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    @Dodkong I don't like that deal because I would likely do it right before the next version drops and I needed the cans for council :-) However, what about trading directly for a 7500TG Legendary Crate or a 12.5K piece of random trait gear? That way we still get something and there's no possibility of hoarding. So the trade shop could have 2 "prices". One in TG and one in Cans. I hope that happens cause the 18M cans I have now are burning a hole in my pocket :-)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    Rocketmanstevie05WahooDawg
  • freegoodenfreegooden Member Posts: 20
    Dodkong said:

@Shteevie

Well, whatever exchange rate numbers you/NG wishes to apply to it that is worse than the rate that has been offered previously. My suggestion was just throwing a dart at the dartboard for a starting point.

As someone who is not maxed yet, I can't say what sort of exchange rate I'd be willing to go in on. I would think it would depend on the level of frustration that maxed out players are suffering at. Desperate times, desperate measures and all that.

Maybe talk to your team on Monday for possible numbers and create a poll on here to gain some feedback.

I'm sure all good teams work on Jan 2nd.

Happy New Year everyone, and enjoy your holiday time.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,329
    I'm almost max, and my buddy @matty86 is whining nonstop... lets make this happen @Teeceezy ? XOXO ;-)

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    TheLostOnes
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    I'm always maxed out on toms and Xp,... There will always be moaners shit I'm one of them but being able to trade maxed out toms seems to be a great release to a lot of us maxed players,. No matter the value,.. Getting something is always better than getting nothing
    stevie05
  • gonzagonza Member Posts: 5
    Give us something to trade for supplies!! Anything!! You are Christopher Columbus and I am an indian! Give me Colorful mirrors!!!
    1RisSCBMA
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    We get tons of gas at the wall and they have to add gas to the trade shop
    Sooo... How about a supplies for XP exchange if hoarding TGs is a concern?

1RisGovernator
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,431
    JayZ said:

Sooo... How about a supplies for XP exchange if hoarding TGs is a concern?

Just bring back the 30 radios for 10k TGs more frquently. I bet there won't be much TG hoarding after that is available.
    SCBMAant
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Apparently NG is concerned about any type of supplies exchange for other in-game currency, whether TG or any other.

I honestly don't exactly understand the game economy concerns of NG, but I would like to. It seems "hoarding" of TG and radios is of major concern to them. I spend mine as I get them since I'm still a growing boy in terms of player level and survivors, but I can see why more developed players might wait for a good deal before they spend.

The few times I've been maxed on XP or Supplies it was super annoying to get that notification when clicking on walkers or opening mission crates. But I hope those who complain about NG ignoring veteran players will acknowledge even the occasional supplies trade-in is something that benefits only a small(ish?) group of level 20 players. Same as the apparently much-needed fix of player level 58 and gear drops.

I will be at survivor level 20 before too long myself, and eventually a maxed camp, so I want to see these things addressed, too. I know it will feel really lame to have tomatoes I can't use, so I'm all for improvements.

Maybe it's only because I came to this game and the forum right around the time of the 2.2 update, or maybe because I just don't go to a lot of game forums, but my perception is this is one of the loudest and angriest game communities surrounding a game people deride but still play.

I'm getting OT, i know, and wildly unpopular, but any game setup that allows 100 percent chance to dodge an attack or stop (interrupt) an attack regardless of level, essentially making a character invincible but without the time limit of a star like in Super Mario, is, by definition, overpowered (OP), and probably should be nerfed to some degree.

Perhaps I just showed up at the wrong time, but it's not so much that I disagree with some of the criticisms of NG, but the blatantly antagonistic and hostile means in which they are presented often turns me off.

So back on point - yes, there should be some permanent option for players maxed on supplies if they can't progress further with the camp.

But I wouldn't expect any option to ever be good enough, because the balance of all Freemium games is to be just good enough to entice you to play and get engrossed enough to spend money. To turn FTP into PTP. I'd much rather buy the game outright than piddle away cash 5 and 10 Rubles at a time for the pleasure.

But that, alas, is the new model. And giving away resources will never be encoraged when time is the main resource in the game and the only one that can be solved with money.