purple star survivor

if a level 20 survivor is promoted to its first purple star and it has level 23 equipment. is it sort of a level 21 survivor or with the damage and health added to the equipment does that turn into level 24 equipment so to speak without it actually saying level 24...
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
Guild:The Kingdom..
Guild: The Kingdom
Spreckels1

Comments

• HerbergeHerberge Member Posts: 210
    No, it won't become a sort of level 21 survivor. Purple star only increases the survivor's traits' percentage but not its capability to handle level 24 equipment.
    Spreckels1
  • EZEKIELEZEKIEL Member Posts: 399
    @Herberge the promotion doesnt give the survivor and increase in damage and health??
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    @EZEKIEL I haven't gotten a purple star yet, so I don't know 100%, but I think they get a small stat boost for upgrading each purple star.
    Good luck, dumbass
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    @EZEKIEL Yeah they get a small damage and health boost with each pink star promotion, but not exactly a full "level up" amount.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,395
    There used to be an entry in the FAQ that touched on some of the advantages of the 6-10 star (pink star) survivors. That link (which no longer works) is: https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=what-s-new-in-the-latest-update-2-1&f=6-to-10-star-survivors-more-accurate-against-walkers&l=en

I tried searching the FAQ and couldn't find anything under pink star, 6 to 10 star, survivor stars, etc and the only think I found is this which doesn't talk about pink stars.

@Shteevie is the benefit of the 6-10 (pink) star survivor upgrades documented anywhere?
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

Spreckels1
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Well it's generally a 1% boost for each trait in between promotions, then the promotions themselves give like +35ish for damage and health (varies per class, but it's generally about 1/3 of a true level up), and it also decreases the chance that an attack will result in a body shot, though I don't think there are actual numbers Documented or announced... There may be other perks as well (maybe higher critical chance or something) but I don't know.

I'm estimating here; others may have more comprehensive information.
  • BilkoBilko Member Posts: 8
    I'm not sure it's worth using valuable tokens to get a pink star rather than upgrading other survivors. You do get kudos and satisfaction I suppose
    Spreckels1Craig522
  • EZEKIELEZEKIEL Member Posts: 399
    @biko if my certain class is all legs then the next step would be to try increasing its numbers well at least thats what i thought but im not going to add another survivor to that class when i can just upgrade the 4 i have..
    Bill_ZRT said:

There used to be an entry in the FAQ that touched on some of the advantages of the 6-10 star (pink star) survivors. That link (which no longer works) is: https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=what-s-new-in-the-latest-update-2-1&f=6-to-10-star-survivors-more-accurate-against-walkers&l=en

I tried searching the FAQ and couldn't find anything under pink star, 6 to 10 star, survivor stars, etc and the only think I found is this which doesn't talk about pink stars.

@Shteevie is the benefit of the 6-10 (pink) star survivor upgrades documented anywhere?

@Spreckels1 Not sure what you disagree with in my post, but I did find a screenshot of the FAQ entry I mentioned even though it's no longer available in the FAQ. Here it is:

@Shteevie I understand that 6-10 star survivors get a health and damage boost when promoted that a player sees. With regards to this 'more accurate' bonus, I understand that this may be one of those 'secret sauce' areas where you don't want to be too specific, but you can describe the approximate bonus to 'accuracy' (reduce bodyshots) with 6-10 star survivors? Is it ~1%? ~5%? ~10% etc? Also, are there any other additional 'under the hood' improvements that these survivors get that aren't visible to a player, such as 'accuracy'? Thanks!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

Julialiciousp_herianjmababaggbats
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @Bill_ZRT looks like Shteevie answered this here
    WeekOne said:

@Bill_ZRT looks like Shteevie answered this here

Not quite the answer I'm looking for... also doesn't answer the question of "Also, are there any other additional 'under the hood' improvements that these survivors get that aren't visible to a player, such as 'accuracy'?". Would still appreciate a response from @Shteevie.

Julialicious
  • jmababajmababa Member Posts: 63
    If your survivors have the right skills its like making your survivor untouchable like this one http://imgur.com/2uj5YUV imagin if this was 7 - 10 stars damage to character she's gonna laugh at zombies and other survivors damage to her even if 7-10lvls higher
    Hey @Shteevie - I see you are around today. Any chance for some clarification here? If you don't feel further clarification is needed (I do!), then that's fine, but let know... that way I don't have to keep asking, wondering if you missed this one. Thanks!

Julialicious
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @Bill_ZRT
    You are right that this is a bit of the "secret sauce" that we want to keep to ourselves. Especially when it comes to end game content, which you and I are both very interested in tracking here, balance is a constantly-tested state. I will try to shed some light by saying that it is intended that a character with 6 or more stars should be able to make measurably greater progress through missions of difficulty 25 or greater. The player is expected to be able to tell a difference between playing high-level missions with a 5- or a 6- star character.

The Challenge rework should make this more apparent as the player will be playing more missions at each difficulty, making those extra stars even more useful than before.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    zbot