Will You Lay Down Your Arms and Surrender with Me??

124»

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,918
    edited January 2017
    @OneLessTitan Uhm... Your idea didn't worked to me... And now my outpost is not "safe" anymore...
    In the last two months i provided an easy outpost defence, with easy trade goods. But i realized that often there's a smart player who decides to go for influence. So at the end after 2 months i obviously never had a defence won, but at least one time x day i had a complete defence lost, so i had to start again to play hard to rescue my influence.. :(
    Last week i switched to an hard setup defence and now it's impossible to steal again my trade goods withou fight. Now i have a complete defence lost 3 or 4 times x week but i have also the same % or better of defence won and i don't lose influence...

This is the last one few minutes ago. Imo is better to have regular +20 and few -9 instead to have daily -9...

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    bigbeanoSurvivor420
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    @OneLessTitan, just wondering if your thoughts might have changed, since currently most lvl 20 raiders easily handle lvl 19 heavies, armored, and horde of regular walkers. I'd rather earn more XP with TG than only TG. My outpost maximizes the walkers, but leaves the TG open if you raid with a scout.
    Pig
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I'm sorry to hear that @capibara I've been steadily murdering tradegood blockers to get into a better neighborhood so I can visit. I've heard tales of legendary rodent hospitality...
    PapacascapibarabigbeanoRedEye52
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @capibara sorry to hear of your plight. You had too much faith in the random raiders out there. Attackers can be ruthless and unmerciful.

Remember the saying, "if you give a mouse a cookie...." ;)
    capibara
    Asking humans to make sense? We are the only members of the animal kingdom kingdom equipped _not_ to make sense, haha.
    PigcapibaraRedEye52Survivor420
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    @capibara,don't feel 2 bad about your outpost having 2 kill raiders,I recently done the same thing and also quit losing influence,not any where near that 4k tier yet, but,i really don't need to move up yet anyway.
    capibara
  • WolfhawkWolfhawk Member Posts: 19
    Thanks folks. It was the slake Setting that was throwing me off.
    Survivor420
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    I went to the @capibara outpost and saw with my own eyes the new set up.

Sorry I had to kill your bruiser blocking the path but I stopped short of killing the other two (which I normally would).

But then a few hours later, I got a visit from you!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,918
    edited January 2017

Sorry I had to kill your bruiser blocking the path but I stopped short of killing the other two (which I normally would).

Damn! It's so bad my new defensive setup?? Really don't know what else i can do.... Even in defence or outpost attack i have 20 legendary with 23 interrupt weapons and 23 dodges .... Right now i can't upgrade more... :|

And btw... While "killing my bruiser"....what they were doing the others two defenders?? :o
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    TheLostOnes
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    capibara said:

Damn! It's so bad my new defensive setup?? Really don't know what else i can do.... Even in defence or outpost attack i have 20 legendary with 23 interrupt weapons and 23 dodges .... Right now i can't upgrade more... :|

And btw... While "killing my bruiser"....what they were doing the others two defenders?? :o
    There was nothing wrong with your defense. They all put up a good fight and I got a lot of hospital time.

I just focused on killing the bruiser so I could get to the TG crate and complete the mission.

The thing is, you can always kill all three defending survivors if you really want to. I only want to when they block the path to the crate. But I obviously made an exception for you @capibara!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    GrimGaelcapibaramongo911
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited January 2017
    I field my best survivors to protect my influence. I position them so as not to block crates. Why would I do otherwise? Why would I place survivors that are going to let others basically steal my influence? And when they do, I cannot raid for crates lest I lose my shield and have influence robbed again.
    RedEye52
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @jammin -- I have changed my setup a bit. More people started getting frisky, and as I horde radios and other people level up their toons to 6/7 stars, my defenders were getting slaughtered. I don't mind losing battles, but I also don't want to make it too easy for the Influence seekers, and I lost about 300 influence in less than a week...I'm not chasing the leaderboards, but I do want to be within a a few days of the 5,000 tier just in case there's some offer in the TG store only available for 5,000+ influence.

I have since changed to a Quarry setup that allows anyone with a Scout easy access to the TG crate, but I'm also spread out enough to put up a fight. I kind of hate myself for doing it, but if people haven't caught on to the Scout Runs for TG, then that's on them. Once I blow my radio calls and promote some of my Outpost Defenders (and hopefully get a new Defender or two), I will go back to the easy Lake Setup and see how that works with Survivors capable of defending. It probably doesn't help that I have Negan in my Outpost (at Rare); I think he makes some people want to attack!! But even at Rare, he's probably still my best Bruiser, and I've been experimenting with different setups. In fact, I may go back to the Lake setup when I log on in a bit and see how it goes.
    PiggespuerSurvivor420jammin
  • DerDer Member Posts: 54
    Ouch, OneLessTitan, if I see a green one on the screen, I get an immediate urge for killing
    SPCSurvivor420jammin
  • DerDer Member Posts: 54
    Maybe better to put all golden out, so only the hardcore pinkies are tempted to mess with you? It would work with me......
    I changed to 2 legs and an epic on Lake because people were just getting stupid with it. People are especially well behaved now, looking at brill, who was just the most polite when they showed up and found no 12th level scrubs to kill. Lol.
    Survivor420
  • RoosRoos Member Posts: 24
    Had low lvl defenders before, but got always killed. Now easy map with stronger guys.
    GrimGaelSurvivor420
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    @Roos nice image. What guild are you in?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    GrimGael
  • RoosRoos Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2017

@Roos nice image. What guild are you in?

Thank you! B)

Long time was in one-man guild named "Lonely wolf." Now joined small local one in Estonia. Great people there, much better than playing alone to be honest. ;)
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    I noticed that once I moved my pink star survivors into my outpost the visitors stopped trying to kill them and just took the trade goods which were easy to grab.
    DoTak