For the Love of All That's Unholy

meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
edited December 2016 in Game Issues
... when the hell are you going to fix the Second Chance videos for treasure chests?

Seriously, not for nothing but having those things broken really changes the game pretty dramatically. First of all not getting any for days, let alone not being able to plan at all for it, is a huge freaking bummer

I'm getting super tired of waiting a day and a half, only to get to the end of a hard Scavenging run, having two premium chests left and finding that there's no Second Chance video. Again.

I realize you've got a lot to do, but for god sakes could you please make this a priority? Please? Thank you
djflexmaster79Maverick1969

Comments

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    What device are you using? I'm seeing the videos.
    Maverick1969
  • SeraphimSeraphim Member Posts: 20
    > @meathead013 said:
    > ... when the hell are you going to fix the Second Chance videos for treasure chests?
    >
    > Seriously, not for nothing but having those things broken really changes the game pretty dramatically. First of all not getting any for days, let alone not being able to plan at all for it, is a huge freaking bummer
    >
    > I'm getting super tired of waiting a day and a half, only to get to the end of a hard Scavenging run, having two premium chests left and finding that there's no Second Chance video. Again.
    >
    > I realize you've got a lot to do, but for god sakes could you please make this a priority? Please? Thank you

If you are using an IPhone or Android ... you need to clean it up, as it would seem your storage is close to full ... Rebooting the devise to reset its ram might also work ...
    Maverick1969meathead013
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    Actually, you should just clear your cache...on Android it's in the settings under 'storage.' Works for me every time I get a hiccup with the vids. But the bottom line is that it's your device at fault, not NG.
    Maverick1969meathead013
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    I have done all those things already, several times. And this is a new tablet with tons of space. It's not this device
  • Maverick1969Maverick1969 Member Posts: 107
    This time it's not ng. I get plenty.
    Your device seems key.
    meathead013
    edited January 2017
    LMAO!!!

What is it with people? So because you arent having a problem that means nobody else can have that same problem?

I've spent many hours reading through these forums. I've tried everything that's been suggested, including that weird force close technique. Over and over again I've tried everything. None of it worked.

I can absolutely guarantee you that I'm not getting the Second Chance videos on schedule the way it's been described in these forums. I know I'm not the only one, we're not all crazy, and we're not all stupid.

Please fix the damn thing.
    shakhid
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,030
    Do you get cinema ads and watch them? Because for me they are cannibalizing the after mission ads. Once I stopped using the cinema, my after mission ads were back.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Dodkong
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    As @Jaden said, with the recent move of advertising to be in house and under NG's direct control, it appears that if you watch all the Camp Cinema videos, you lose the Post-Mission videos. And I've found out that it goes in the opposite direction as well.

I haven't watched a Camp Cinema video in quite a while. I save them all for the Post-Mission videos.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Jaden
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 179
    @meathead013 instead of whining that NG needs to fix something that isn't broken for most of us, try giving some specifics, like what device you are using, where you're located, who your wireless service provider is, etc. Just saying fix it over and over in the forums is just plain tedious and does no good.
    Jaden said:

Do you get cinema ads and watch them? Because for me they are cannibalizing the after mission ads. Once I stopped using the cinema, my after mission ads were back.

Thank you very much for posting this

In these very forums just a few weeks ago a developer posted that the two types of videos were completely unconnected, specifically stating that the cinema ads we're completely independent from the post-mission ads

If that has not changed it certainly would explain why I'm not getting any post Mission ads. Those are the kind of things that are extremely important. I am literally on the verge of giving up this game because of this specific issue. So we will see whether or not ceasing to use the cinema ads will allow me to finally start consistently getting post-mission ads. Because I can tell you for sure I'm not going to keep playing if it stays the way it is

@meathead013 instead of whining that NG needs to fix something that isn't broken for most of us, try giving some specifics, like what device you are using, where you're located, who your wireless service provider is, etc. Just saying fix it over and over in the forums is just plain tedious and does no good.

Instead of calling me a whiner why don't you kiss my ass
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Let's keep it civil in here, thanks. Any specifics would be very much appreciated @meathead013 so we can look further in to this issue. Moving to Game Issues.
    well after taking jadens advice and not using the cinema ads im four of four on getting second chances on mission rewards, so it appears obvious that is it

of course i wasnt looking for that possibility before since an actual employee posted very clearly that the cinema and the mission videos were completely separate just a few weeks ago

hopefully there will be no more changes to these parameters that caused this confusion in the first place. this game is A LOT less fun when you cant run equipment scavaging missions and get six chances instead of three to find premium items
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100

I have done all those things already, several times. And this is a new tablet with tons of space. It's not this device

I'm glad you got your issue resolved, but it's statements like this that make us post responses the way we did. It isn't the total available storage space that caused the similar problem (and again, not specifically the one to which you were referring, but one with the same symptoms) we were telling you how to fix. It's the actual cached data that prevented the vids from becoming available. If you don't know the difference between cached data and total storage, and how it interacts with the vids, you can't properly diagnose the problem. If you can't correctly describe the problem to us in your post, you will receive suggestions on how to fix the most commonly experienced similar problems. Your initial post contained no information except 'ads aren't available.' The most common solution to this is clearing the cache because even though that one post said the cinema and reward ads were separated, experience has shown nearly everyone that they're not, so we tend to focus more on technical solutions than operator error. Then you went off on us for not providing the exact solution to a problem you didn't properly describe.

Troubleshooting is more than a one step process. Don't be needlessly antagonistic to the people who provide the first steps, especially if you don't specify that you've already tried them.
    It was never the cache. I've cleared it manually at least 50 times since this problem started. I even downloaded an app that allegedly cleared it automatically for me. Nothing ever changed. It was a policy change that was in direct contradiction to what a developer told us on these very boards just weeks ago that I wasn't aware of.

Furthermore, my original post was in the general section. It was a catharsis, an expression of extreme frustration. I had read about many people complaining about the same exact issue , but somehow had missed any reference to the change in policy so I was just simply unaware of it. And then I had people coming in initially telling me that it was something I had tried many many times and I knew was not the problem.
    ggbats
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,030
    Glad that works for you.

I don't think that they made it like that on purpose. The ads should be separate but aren't for some reason. Might change back to how it was in the future.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    ggbats
    My God, I hope it doesn't change now. It's set up perfectly at the moment. Now that I know the 2 videos are linked all I have to do is look at the broadcast tower to see whether or not I have any second chances available. At that point I can go directly to Scavenging if I want and be sure to get at least 6 chances and I can pay for another 3 if I want

Let me tell you something, this game is dramatically better when this is working properly. I went from being on the verge of leaving the game 2 actually excited again about playing