50 tokens for 4000 TG

Just when I thought I had a handle on how many TG I'd increase per day, NG throws us 50 tokens at 4000 TG (for two classes, no less!) While not quite as good a deal per TG as 8 tokens for 600 TG, it's pretty close.

I wonder if these are going to be a permanent addition, 3x/day every restock etc?? Is everyone else getting these? What do we think? I think it's awesome, I just have to push my OP raids to the max :D
DoTakgespuer

Comments

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    It's only 250 Tokens more than if it were 1:75 ratio; that's half of ONE raid (so basically 1 gas). That is not a bad deal IMO. Plus, yes, you get 50 at once. This means faster upgrades.

Phone calls and TG-->Tokens are not mutually exclusive. I'm doing both. I basically buy everything in the TG store except Gear boxes, since I have the gear I need, and if I spend my day doing Raids, I can more-or-less even out on the TG front :)
    gespuer
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    This is an interesting offer, and probably intended to further promote outpost participation. I imagine that for those who already approach Outposts with a sense of swagger, this is an easy purchase in TG shop, everytime. But for the plebeians that have been wary of Outpost play, this deal is what whispers to them "come hither...."
    vixen243RedEye52DLich
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Go team plebian!
    MovadokampionRedEye52DoTak
    As always with every mobile game ever, you can spend more to rush the game. It's not like they need to entice you like a retail store; quite the opposite: they make you impatient enough to take slightly WORSE bulk deals so you have to play/pay more to compensate.

southpark.cc.com/clips/srfuqa/everyone-is-doing-this
    RedEye52DoTakjimmorrison369blynknz
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Its great if you need that specific amount of tokens but the price is funny. When you go to a warehouse club to buy in bulk the price per unit goes Down not Up. If it didnt you wouldnt go there. Maybe its the European conversion rate. Ill stick with the 8 packs and phones and hope for some better offers to ring in the New Year..
    DoTakvalereee
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    5 more tg per token. I nearly had a fit when I first saw it bc I'm low on tg and only could buy one set. As much as I need the tokens, 4000 tg is too pricey for my current faux gaming wallet. If I didn't have to continuously fight jerks in outposts I could make it a lot sooner.
    Captainslayer
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    edited January 2017
    WTF? The "sale" costs MORE per token? I'm paying more so I don't have to wait until tokens pop up in the rotation. A rotation the HOUSE is in charge of -- it's not like these tokens are a rare seasonal delicacy that can't be farmed and must be hand-dug one by one with the help of specially trained frickin' pigs. This feels really sleazy to me. Seriously, you couldn't have made it 50 tokens for 3000TG? Or even 3500? This isn't a sale. It's a convenience package, just like a car dealer. Only there's no negotiation game.
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    DLich8N8RedEye52SgtSalamiWallStreet
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    And NG wonders why people hoard TG. It's because of nonsensical offers like this one. The sad thing is, some people have so much TG that they'll buy this BS anyways.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Gunny_Highway
    They've advertised as a sale. When you put something on sale you need to know youre getting a bargain. This is not a bargain no matter how it gets spun. Ive currently started hoarding so I can save from 150k to 300k TGs. Thats the only way you can obtain value like the 30 pack when they pop up. If it was a rational cost Id be raiding my butt off to buy them. The game is about patience and I am not impatient enough to buy something with higher costs. Ill wait....
    R2runfast
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Whos the genius at NG who thinks buying in bulk should result in paying more? Is this the Finnish way or ? Where I come from buying in bulk results in getting a better Deal. This is no deal at all. So whoever the genius is that works for NG I hope u learn this before u get canned (fired)
    Captainslayer
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    edited January 2017
    It's a difference of 400 TG's which is equal to 2 minutes of gas during this weekend event.

Needless to say I'll be raiding all weekend with practically unlimited gas lol

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    RedEye52ggbats
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 198
    My advice is to be patient and not be duped.
    exploiting the loophole loophole
    mongo911SgtSalami
    1) The TG/Token thing is NOT announced as a sale. That's the Gold Bundles and various stuff in the GOLD ($$) shop. This newest TG/token swap is just something else; they never used the words sale, so they can charge what they want in TG. And I really think people are going nuts over 5 more TG/token; again, you make up the "difference" in HALF A RAID. That's ONE gas. Relaaaax.

2) And they're still a WAY better deal than the phone offers, as @DLich said. Overwhelming odds are, in 2 radio calls, you'll get 2 rares (64 tokens) or maybe 1 rare/1 epic (160 tokens). So unless you get super lucky with a Legendary (or a great Hero pull), 4000 TG for 50 tokens is a WAY better deal.
    RedEye52DLichSCBMA
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    this is true @Marcus6253. NG has nerfed weapons that were sold in the past like Rick's Silenced Pistol and some forum members came up with great solutions on how to prevent further nerfing like this thread here.

I try to be the voice of logic sometimes... but you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Jenng
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    This is a great offer!! I have a pink star in each class except assault, I'm 100 tokens shy so this is helpful! Thanks ng!
  • michealomichealo Member Posts: 10
    I bought several of these packages, thanks NG!
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    This would be good for me to upgrade and promote a few epic's but why I've seen Assault tokens almost every single restock is bugging me. If I'd have taken every offer, I'd have pulled in 216 Tokens..
    "Dont worry about that 4th tire", said the car salesman. " You can always get it somewhere else. Now pay up." And it does say "January trade goods sale" on the Mission screen. People have every right to voice displeasure when a bargain isnt a bargain. Even 50 for 3500 would have me raiding like mad today. But Im not today. Ill wait til the one minute gas kicks in to have some fun.
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738

But where there's a will
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Every time, my last slot has been Bruiser tokens. Hopefully the next time I will get something different