Fix to the Reckonin' and Weekend Event News

Comments

• morbis02morbis02 Member Posts: 47
    > @Shteevie said:
    > This is clearly a classic example of "bait and switch".
    >
    > -You assume that we had foreknowledge of the bug before we sold the weapon. This is incorrect.

The base damage still needs to be addressed
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    morbis02 said:

The base damage still needs to be addressed

-Not all weapons for the same class at the same level are intended to have the same damage. There is no bug regarding the damage of the weapon.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    antSebiRiestaAvalon8
  • MissShirleyMissShirley Member Posts: 1
    Because of NG's record of selling an item then nerfing the attributes, I will go back to playing with only what can be earned in the game. No more real money will be put into this game. If you can't stand behind the products you put out, I will not risk it by purchasing them. NG: I don't believe for one minute you didn't know about the "no bodyshots" for this weapon. You guys analyze everything, something that big would not get past you.
    SebiBig_B
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    From my perspective in the guild council, I don't believe they were aware of the issue when it was offered for sale. I believe they were first informed of it last night (u.s. Edt). With that said, I get why people are upset and think NG should find a way to better appease those who purchased the item and are upset with the change. I only hope that is their plan for tomorrow in Finland.
    sborgDoTakggbatsWeekOne
    wazzujoel said:

This was classic bait and switch. We aren't stupid. Get google and apple to issue full refunds!

-I think a great many people are upset about the bug fix. The responses here are varied, and no one person can speak for the whole player base.

"Bait and Switch" implies intent. There was never any intent to sell an item that we knew was broken and then change it afterwards. If we had advertised a "no bodyshots!" feature, we would be obligated to leave it in place; that it was unknown to us until a certain time does not remove the need for the bug to be fixed. I agree that there are players that wouldn't have bought it if the bug were not existent. Those players have access to refunds through the same channels that they used to pay for the item. I have no input on refund policy for Next or for the app stores.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    SekushiDegreaserJulialiciousArtisansCaptainslayerwazzujoelSebiRiestaterrabubulOpieN98Big_B
    edited January 2017
    > @Shteevie said:
    > The base damage still needs to be addressed
    >
    > -Not all weapons for the same class at the same level are intended to have the same damage. There is no bug regarding the damage of the weapon.

We know this but when the reckoning hits less walkers then other assault weapons for even less damGe what is the point of using it??

The green one was doing more damage then stated that's why it was being used
    antSebiCrazyD
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 179
    @Sekushi I have been browsing the forums for months and never once saw a post about no bodyshot with the reckoning and was unaware of that feature until I started reading this post this morning. I picked up the rare when it was offered but never got around to upgrading it so never used it and thus never saw the no bodyshot feature. But, to be honest don't really think I would have noticed it anyway since I mostly play challenge and raid and rarely have matches where bodyshots come on into effect.

So to sum up I can easily see ho NG failed to notice this and fixed the bug once it was found. I don't understand why everyone wants to suspect NG of corrupt behavior versus poor testing and implementation; I.e., the curse of every software developer.
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @Shteevie i mentioned the thing of not having body shots also but did anybody thought really that this should be? Many of us know the game since the beginning and we all get nerved in this time on and on for game balancing. And now everybody complain because of fixing a clear bug. I didnt bought that legendary because of its lack of bodyshots but because of another way to play to have fun to see things happen..
    And in other subforums there re discussions ungoing which are ridiculous and somewhat
    crazy like in a kindergarten - some are complaining that a few person get two nerved molotov? IMO i have to apologize for some of them who behave like childs. There are other issues which bother me more. Please introduce the constant possibility to swap tomatoes against whatever (tg, token, phones) because many of us are maxed out for a while.
    SebiSgtSalami
  • SekushiSekushi Member Posts: 53
    @Marcus6253 some videos are posted in the video section of this site.
  • KafirKafir Member Posts: 101
    I wonder when the class action lawsuit will be filed? Hmmmm

vshield50 said:

As a matter of record, I officially decline the offer of 1 minute gas times in lieu of my origial purchase and contract. Please remove the gas option from my account.

-It is not possible to turn these features on and off for individual players. There is no "opt in process" for live events in the game.

Your best course of action to be "made whole" is to contact the app store that has your payment information on file and records of your transactions. Name-dropping voluntary membership agencies without legal backing, jurisdiction, or proficiency in virtual goods won't have any affect on the app store's ability to process your refund.

@morbis02
    The point of the weapon is that it looks goofy, and it's fun to set walkers on fire. We thought we got that across in the Talking Dead collaboration. We never intended to sneak in the best weapon in the game that unbalances the end-game content and violates the free/paid player ethics of the company.

@Julialicious
    I understand your frustration and I am not standing in the way of the resolution of that frustration. I have no way to affect the chances that you will or won't get a refund. I hope that your app store is able to help you. I agree that you and most of the players who bought the weapon are not scammers.
    CYBERDOLPHIN8PapacasAvalon8Riesta
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    edited January 2017
    @all, please keep the discussion civil, there's no need for personal attacks.

Please keep the rules of the forum in mind when posting.
    vshield50WeekOneRiesta
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,946
    > @Shteevie said:
    > As a matter of record, I officially decline the offer of 1 minute gas times in lieu of my origial purchase and contract. Please remove the gas option from my account.
    >
    >
    >
    > -It is not possible to turn these features on and off for individual players. There is no "opt in process" for live events in the game.
    >
    > Your best course of action to be "made whole" is to contact the app store that has your payment information on file and records of your transactions. Name-dropping voluntary membership agencies without legal backing, jurisdiction, or proficiency in virtual goods won't have any affect on the app store's ability to process your refund.
    >
    > @morbis02
    > The point of the weapon is that it looks goofy, and it's fun to set walkers on fire. We thought we got that across in the Talking Dead collaboration. We never intended to sneak in the best weapon in the game that unbalances the end-game content and violates the free/paid player ethics of the company.
    >
    > @Julialicious
    > I understand your frustration and I am not standing in the way of the resolution of that frustration. I have no way to affect the chances that you will or won't get a refund. I hope that your app store is able to help you. I agree that you and most of the players who bought the weapon are not scammers.

I appreciate the advice Shteevee. I am going to exhaust all my options at the lowest level to include the BBB. I have reached out for a refund through the app store with no response yet. If the BBB is unable to assist, I will move up the chain.

This is not a personal attack on you, but I have reached out to a few parties and I am fully aware of my rights. No offense to you or NG, but I will pursue my options accordingly with any entity necessary. The fact that it is "virtual goods" is of no bearing. It is a breach of contract in my (and others with experience in this field's) opinion.

I learned my lesson with purchasing weapons from the store so at least I gained experience from this. I'll let the system work this issue out from here on out.
    @Shteevie thank you for that clarification. I wad unaware of that being itsprpose
    Artisans
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    zbot said:

@all, please keep the discussion civil, there's no need for personal attacks.

Please keep the rules of the forum in mind when posting.

Then please stop attacking our purchases be causes that's as uncivilised as it gets,.. You keep saying you fixed a problem,.. But you haven't @Shteevie youv changed a weapon we purchased,.. To something we wouldn't purchase,. If you truly want to fix the problem buff it back or pay refunds out,.. It's not rocket science,..
    Do you not care about your company's reputation? And as for the name dropping comment,.. We'll see if it's just name dropping,. I fully intend to report your company to the uks trading standards,.. And I fully intend to try to get your policy's mentioned on the rogue traders section of the bbc tv program called watchdogs,.. So when several cameras start appearing outside your offices,.. Just think back to name dropping,.

And @zbot maybe if shteevies replies didn't sound so filled with contempt,. Ignorance and down right "there's nowt you can do about it" perhaps people would calm Alittle and not be so damn angry at the rip off that's just happened to our pockets,.. Yet again,..
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....