Survivor - like gear progression.

bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,939
edited January 2017 in Suggestions & Ideas
So I have come up with an idea and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who have thought of that. What if we could upgrade our weapons and armors in similar fashion like we can our survivors. I mean rarity and removing level cap.

Im pretty sure a lot of you can relate to my dilema when I got a geat with perfect traits but epic or rare, or legendary with those ideal traits but 1 lvl short to my maximum, or right level but not desirable traits with very low scrapping experience gained. How many times did we get the perfect legendary gear that is rubbish in the end because it was very low lvl and we couldnt use it. All of that gear is VERY hard to get, and once we get it many things can go wrong. It would help a lot.

Our workshop would become a real one then.

Tokens and experience for scrapping and possibility to upgrade to 23rd lvl even from 1st. Traits could become same % when legendary and there would be no need to pump weapons more like we can "pink" our survivors. But then... why not?

There were days when we thought it was impossible for survivors. Same goes with weapons now.

Cmon killers, watcha think.
jmababaBBRiT_12

Comments

• MoDMoD Member Posts: 10
    I love the idea, bladgier. When NG announced that system for survivors i was convinced that they would change the system for weapons/armour accordingly after a while. As a matter of fact i am sure it is/was planned like that. And i hope this change will come.
    jmababa
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,939
    @Shteevie has it ever crossed creators or developers minds? Any chance we could see that in future?
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited January 2017
    The idea of gear upgrades is one we think about a lot, actually. However, we're worried about several possible negative effects that could come from making a change like this:
    -Players could decide that they have the best gear that they could ever want and never be enticed or motivated buy a gear crate ever again.
    -Players could get to the end of the leveling progression and decide that any new trait that comes along can never convince them to replace an old weapon that they have had for a long time.
    -The heroes in the show are constantly gaining, losing, finding new, and stealing weapons from one another. Not even Daryl can keep tabs on his x-bow for a full season.

So, while it is easy to see why this is an attractive idea, I don't think we'll be taking thing path. Instead, we'll have something that feels more like the show, offers more gameplay possibilities and player choices, and hopefully can be delivered before too long.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    jmababaT_12
    Current system still can get us where ure saying.
    It just takes hell alot longer. But I guess thats the point.

Well thats a bummer.

But u do seem to have something planned. Any details?
    The only detail I can give is that it's a big addition to the game, and therefore will take some time to develop. We'll be adding new ways to get gear crates in the Challenge Rework [check out the thread about Rewards for an idea], so you'll hopefully find more good stuff more often.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    I've been regularly checking these threads about weapons becoming the same as survivors, even though i knew it would never happen, but I still hoped cheers for the answer @Shteevie
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    edited January 2017
    > @Shteevie said:
    > The idea of gear upgrades is one we think about a lot, actually. However, we're worried about several possible negative effects that could come from making a change like this:
    > -Players could decide that they have the best gear that they could ever want and never be enticed or motivated buy a gear crate ever again.
    > -Players could get to the end of the leveling progression and decide that any new trait that comes along can never convince them to replace an old weapon that they have had for a long time.
    > -The heroes in the show are constantly gaining, losing, finding new, and stealing weapons from one another. Not even Daryl can keep tabs on his x-bow for a full season.
    >
    > So, while it is easy to see why this is an attractive idea, I don't think we'll be taking thing path. Instead, we'll have something that feels more like the show, offers more gameplay possibilities and player choices, and hopefully can be delivered before too long.

Hello @Shteevie, thanks for you explainations.

Maybe i can make another suggestion. Since your whole new bodyshots System and all the new traits you brought to this game i think the weapons and armors are really unbalanced now. How if you could give every armor and weapon at least 4 traits instead of only 3?

I think this small change could also help in the name of balancing.
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

4 traits and not 3

-Theoretically, in a perfect world, the weapons and armors would be equally balanced if they all had only one or up to 6 traits. Of course, not all traits are equally useful, or even equally loved by the players.

We will definitely continue to add traits to the game, and it could still be necessary to beef up some weak ones. [Don't panic; I have no reason to think that any traits need to get weaker.]

I think it's possible that we play around with other things about gear; maybe instead of an open-ended level cap for gear, we have other ways to improve individual traits instead? Maybe classes all get second weapon types, such as hoe Assaults now have grenade-like weapons? There are a lot of possibilities.

But certainly, we think it adds to the life of the game and the depth of team strategies for us to continue to make new gear that players want to get, rather than ways for players to feel like they have a 'perfect' set that never needs any further additions.
    edited January 2017
    I love the idea of 4 or even more traits. Been thinkin about it as well.

Removing a lvl cap from gear for the time being wouldnt be much of a balance breaker, wouldnt it?
    T_12