Other potential supply trades for NG to consider

As we're all aware, NG has been resistant to offering a supplies for TG trade. @Shteevie has stated that they don't want maxed out players to hoard TG. I'm not sure if that's the real reason or not, and I honestly don't care what their logic is. However, I DO care that my supply tents, golden crate gifts from my guild members, golden crates purchased through the TG shop, and half of my rewards from missions are going to waste.

Because NG hates the supplies for TG exchange, here are some other possible things that they can do. I doubt any of these (especially an XP exchange) would break the game economy.

For reference, the previous exchange rate for was 2.5 M supplies for 10,000 TG (or 250 supplies per TG). The ratios I proposed below are much worse than the previous supplies for TG ratio, but I doubt any of us would mind too much, as long as we can get rid of our tomatoes.

5 M supplies for 1 M XP
- Maxed players (~18 M supplies) would get about 3.6 M XP through this trade
- For context, upgrading a legendary level 20 item to level 23 costs ~4 M XP

4.5 M supplies for a legendary crate
- Maxed players (~18 M supplies) would get 4 legendary items through this trade
- For context, if we assume that a legendary crate is worth 7500 TG, then this trade would be roughly 600 supplies per TG

3 M supplies for 50 class tokens
- Maxed players (~18 M supplies) could get 50 tokens for each of the six survivor classes through this trade
- For context, if we assume that 50 class tokens are worth 4000 TG, then this trade would be roughly 750 supplies per TG

4.5 M supplies for 10 radios
- Maxed players (~18 M supplies) would get 40 radios through this trade
- For context, if we assume that 10 radios are worth 6000 TG, then this trade would be roughly 750 supplies per TG

Will some of these trades cannibalize NG's gear and radio bundle sales? Maybe. However, the current overstock of supplies is probably eating into NG's sale of boosters, as maxed out players really don't have much of an incentive to play.

What do you guys think?
Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
Verbaubratontomducat21mcbkhicksSlowMop_herianInvaderRedEye52AngieMathesonMadi

Comments

• R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Good luck. The excuses from NG are weak. Let them look at the skewed data first. Data data data. We are the testers, the players, the buyers..... forget the data and listen to the customers. Then if u question the customers then go look at your precious data.
    8N8AngieMatheson
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    @MadPuppy @zbot did you guys move this to Suggestions & Ideas? Any chance we could leave it in General Discussion? The Suggestions & Ideas board is pretty poorly trafficked, and I think this is one of the most salient topics of discussion right now.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    InvaderRedEye52AngieMatheson
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I did.

If you view it more as a discussion I'll move it back for now.
    raton
    @MadPuppy I do - I'd like to hear how other veteran players feel about trading at these ratios. Thank you!

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I'm optimistic about the fact that this list and my thoughts on the issue both included a legendary gear crate.

Thank you very much indeed for this thread, JayZ, and I'll approach others with this idea to find out what the best pricing is, and if we can do this or something like it. No guarantees, of course, but the confluence is a reason to be cautiously optimistic.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    AngieMathesontpzinho
    Also, now that I know that @Shteevie is reading this thread (and have seen him propose 1 M supplies for a legendary crate in another thread), I want to add the caveat that these are merely suggestions, and that you don't have to stick to the proposed ratios. I'm sure the player base would be more than happy to see a better bargain if NG were feeling generous with the exchange rate.

RedEye52
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    Option 5. Give them to me.
    I currently have 30,634 supplies! Finally upgrading training grounds for the first time after two (or three) council upgrades. I'll be happy to take any abundance of supplies off your hands!
    RedEye52ZeroSix
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    1 M supplies for Leg Weapon Crate seems reasonable - it would at least give us a chance to clear some storage and maybe get some cool new gear
    DLichOneLessTitanRedEye52
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I would take advantage of any of these trades. When maxed out...why not? Personally, I prefer the trade for TG option so you can spend them on what you need most, but any option would be appreciated.

It would be cool to have a permanent option always available, even if the amounts and what you could trade for rotated just like other Trade Shop deals.
    1Rismcbkhicksp_herianRedEye52
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    As this is a problem for only those players at level 58 with all buildings maxed and nothing to spend supplies on, I think most would not mind if the special offer of supplies for ???? appeared in the TG shop with a qualifier that you must have a camp/player level of 58 to get the offer. Kinda like when we needed 3000 influence points to get a special offer after the outpost update. Put an offer in once or twice a week for 24 hrs, or keep one there at all times. I am almost there (level 57 with 2 upgrades to go) but have been dragging my feet on supply runs knowing the cap is near. Knowing an offer of supplies for something after I max my camp provides an incentive to gather supplies
    I think we will find some combination or permutation of these ideas, but it will take at least a few days to plan the exact costs. It's seeming more likely that legendary crates will be offered for more than 1M, since that would mean a crate per day for players willing to do a few supply runs, and that rate is too much for the comfort of our current economy.

As for availability, it will either be open to all, or limited by influence, as those are the settings we have available right now. We don't want to encourage low and mid players to use these options, as they should be using supplies for their original purpose - upgrading buildings. But someone nearing the top, that knows how long a purchase will set them back for, should be fine.

Watch this space. I'm trying to find a solution that will not be problematic were it to exist for a period of time longer than we have used supplies -> TG in the past.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 126
    At this point I don't care what NG offers. I played today for about 2 hours and here is how many supply cans I got porked out of. Video silver crate and reg crate, 52,000. Overnight supply production , 216,000. Playing the challenge 12,500. So close to 300,000 in just 2 hours. I play everyday so as far as I am concerned NG owes me this amount from the first day I maxed out. Very poor planning. Does NG have any planners that do forward thinking?
  • csmith5390csmith5390 Member Posts: 170
    Can you guys just fix this instead of arguing back and forth with players? I used to have a lot of fun on this game & I USED to spend a lot of money.
    Join TWD - Team Up
    AngieMatheson
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 324
    Even 1 million supplies for 2 phones is better than nothing.
    AngieMathesonZeroSix
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Shteevie sort of on this topic, but when I spend tomatoes I like to know how long I have until I'll need them for buildings upgrades, so... Any word (even roughly) about when next council update will be? You said not in 2.4, right? 2.5??
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    I'll buy anything they offer. I've been maxed again since the last trade weekend. I've probably missed out on another 18M which I could have replenished everything I have with twice. At least we'll get something. I've been trying to get a pistol with the high powered trait for months. I bought every 12.5K pistol during the Tara week and not one of them had it. I'd be willing to play the 7500TG crate roulette for one. Hope they open that up soon.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    AngieMathesonZeroSix
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,323
    I don't think they thought it out that far. It's all free play now. I started playing in March and figured it out after my first 2.99 bundle in April. I bought it because the game was boring by having to wait to build up xp and supplies. Another FarmVille game. Then I found that this small bundle gave me a legendary weapon full supplies and extra slot. Managed them up to the 19.99 bundle which I bought in July and was a maxed player since. Once your reach player level 58 it's all free game play. From radios, Xp, TGs, and supplies. All free.

Waiting for the next update and follow the same pattern this year. They do things in quarters. Jan-Mar will be an event. Then Apr-Jun, etc. That infamous leg/epic radio event was set to take place in September based off their pattern, but they changed directions and brought out the hero token system over the summer and will never do it again because people are smart and saved 100s of radios to get the right survivors.
  • AngieMathesonAngieMatheson Member Posts: 93
    More than 2 weeks with that supplies level at 18M in flash red... it feels like we now only plays half, or a third of NML.
    It's getting like the most involved players are pushed apart in a waiting room.
    Am thinking to quit, waiting again for a few days for an update, an anouncement, something that makes things moves. Otherwise I'll just stick to the TV show, we'll see :(
    Lone wanderer
    @Shteevie Thanks for the response.

I hope you're considering some of the rates that I initially proposed because I do think that they are very reasonable. As much as I loved cashing in on the supplies for TG trade, the exchange rate was significantly better than I expected, and I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't offered again.

Any chance anything will happen this weekend? I'd love to get rid of some of my supplies so that they can restock during 1 minute gas, even if the exchange rate is much worse/higher than what it will be in the future. Nothing wrong (IMO) with implementing trades at unfavorable rates for the players (as a temporary measure) and working your way down as you guys figure out the optimal rates.

AngieMathesonRedEye52
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @Shteevie nice idea with legendary crate. But i hope this is not the last word. I am also maxed out for a long time, all my survivors have level 23 amour and weapons of good quality i dont need a legendary crate. I would prefer tg swap or phone swap. Please consider this. Thank you
    frtr67
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    edited January 2017
    yea it dont matter what the trade is as long as its their.. im tired of gettin gold crates holdin 46k food & just seeing it & the 500 tg i spent on it go down the drain... im a day 1 player & really thinkin bout puttin game down cause this has been a known problem for months thats why the food for tg was introduced, well why is it takin so long to figure somethin out. i spent too much money on this game to have me pushed aside like yesterdays trash. @Shteevie can we get any info on this
    JayZ said:

Any chance anything will happen this weekend?

-Sorry I didn't see this before now to give you a swifter answer, but 7.1 is a holiday in this part of the world. It's already our weekend. So no, I have to say there won't be any new trade options before possibly the next weekend event.

Hopefully 1 minute gas combined with the mission crate jackpot is enough to keep you going a while.

Marie__Gaga
    @Shteevie Okay, thanks for the update. Happy whatever holiday you guys are celebrating!

• Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    @Shteevie You do realize that in the US 7.1 is July 1st and not January 7th. :blush:
    SCBMAtomducat21
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    I'm sure he does, he's from the US if I'm not mistaken.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421

@Shteevie You do realize that in the US 7.1 is July 1st and not January 7th. :blush:

Silly American.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

mongo911Marie__Gaga