Update 2.3 Discussion Thread

14567810»

Comments

• GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @Shteevie I must say I haven't run into any lately, if I do, I'll snap a screenshot to tease you. The 4 defending walker situation still happens, but you've got some helpers on that already, lol.
    Shteevie
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I've also run into a few. I'll record names now I've read the comments on this thread.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Shteevie
    I knew you'd come through @Shteevie for xmas! Also, a guildmate just told me there's 100's in the 4000 tier! So I'm moving up, lol. It would be better if I could do that back, but you can't have everything.
    So here's yet another 4 walker outpost. Is it a rogue bot @Shteevie? The defenders were named seemingly random strings of characters.
    Have you considered undoing what your team did and simply making the flag a red switch that spawns 2 walkers of the appropriate level? I have not run into an outpost with fewer than 4 in forever.
    Bonus shot. Since it was sitting around in the same directory...
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Could the random characters be related to traits? I know there have been some out there that will list the traits in the name
    d - dodge, b - bullet dodge etc.
    Possibly. They seemed longer strings than a human would comfortably use though.
  • PiterluisPiterluis Member Posts: 27
    Good day to everybody, and happy christmas!!! :)

I would like to contribute on this thread with the problems/situations I found...

1. Still same rewards from crates on easy and hard scavenge mission modes. You can see some screenshots. Only difference is the 1000exp point you obtain directly when you finish the mission (on screenshots the difference is 2000exp thanks to your Christmas present... Thanks a lot!). Ah... yes... also the extra exp point for walker killings (just letting one extra turn, you cover the difference). On the other side, you have more chances to be injured. On normal mode, the chances to be injured are almost zero. Me, I really liked the arrival of this hard mode... Now, I never play it :(.

2. Still low intelligence on Overwatch logic. It is quite common to see our defenders killing a really long distance Z threat for them, but close to one of the human enemies (!!). Logically, after that help, the human enemy can freely atack our defenders. Besides the too big strength of the human enemies, we have to fight against the overwatch "logic". Not too logic... ;)

3. Still graphics mistakes. See screenshots with antinatural long necks and a hand getting the void for an specific assault weapon. I hope you solve them.

And here, some suggestions from the comments of my guild members...

1. Possibility to "block" specific heroes just in order they do not appear on the mission chosen screen. Imagine... they could just appear on the "death" tent ;)

2. No chances for a free lower class level version (maybe epic with worse traits like it happened with Lucille) of Daryl bow? :)

Thanks a lot for your work on this wonderful game. Really it give us a lot of entertainment hours!!
    Member of Spanish Rage Guild. Playing since early 2016.
    TheSittingDuck
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @Shteevie
    Ran into to this base today with a fatty right in your face from the start. Player's name was Anxiety.

Hope there's a better fix coming than you trying to manually fix them one at a time lol
    gespuer
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @quitJOSHin
    I think this was one of those issues that required several changes in a row to really nail down. I'm hoping we can get this finalized before too long, but thanks very much for the screenshot - it supports our latest suspicions about the cause of the issue.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGael
    Haha, @Shteevie here I thought it was just for me to have fun. So here's another from a few days ago, player's name was not the same.
    On a related note, have you considered my suggestion of scrapping whatever your team did that didn't solve the too few walkers problem and making the flag pull a red switch that brings in 2 walkers? Or just adding two organically to the pit from the start? I ask because I'm still running into actively defended outposts with 4 or 5 walkers. Most of these are not the kind of defenses where charging off of the incoming wave is a practical suggestion. I liked people who were just building their defense to have that option, and I think upgrading was preferable when we could overtax raiders on spawn. Now it is crazy to invest in upgrading if you haven't, so I can't blame people who are making that choice. Just consider my words please. They come from experience.
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    Haven't seen any comments about this for a while... Outpost timer is still an issue when disconnected. It usually seems minimal, not worth mentioning. But, I just tried a raid, got disconnected before the raid even started (BTW, game crashes at least once per raid - not cool). When reconnected, I was shown the objectives and had 4 minutes to complete. I tried, but but this guy had a full squad of lvl 19 walkers with fatties and armored. After snatching the flag I only had 2-ish minutes left. Bailed with a draw and wasted TG and gas.
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    It's simple,.. The game has been on a steady decline ever since some Muppet at NG made shteevie in charge,.. And it will continue to do so until shteevie resigns or gets sacked,.. There new policy seems to be greed,nerf,greed,nerf,greed,nerf some more,.. They talk about balance,.. The only balancing being done is ngs bank accounts,.. They don't give a flying shit about veteran gamers and are all about fleecing the new players that flock in by there thousands everyday,..

This post will be removed,.. I will be banned,.. But I don't fecking care anymore,.. Shteevie you are a cancer,.. A cancer that's ripping the heart and soul out this once great game,.. Yes son,.. You should be ashamed of yourself,. Your money grabbing antics and your nerf the fuck attitude,.. CANCER,.. That's your legacy,...shteevie,.. Relish in it,..

Drops mic,... Raises middle finger,... Ban away bitches,..
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Concerning the too less walker before opening the gate happens to me mostly if the reward is less than 400 tg. That's the result of more than 200 raids I've done the last days to raise up from Gold tier II (3000tg) to Gold tier I (4000tg).
    Everytime I accepted raids with less than 400 tg there has been less than 6 walker.

@Teeceezy , I hope this might help.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

Shteevie
  • GrimmPersonaGrimmPersona Member Posts: 4
    Can we PLEASE get an update to gear to mimic that of the survivor update... I'm tired of getting an amazing legendary weapon with perfect traits just to have it be base level 18 or 19... People spend upwards of 20 dollars on weapon packs and then a council update comes out and the max level changes and then all that gear is now useless in the endgame... I understand wanting us to buy a lvl 21 base weapon for the extra money but I feel we as a community spend great amounts already and should not have to buy new top leveled weapons each time the game ups the levels.

Certain key weapons like Morgan's staff are amazing but spending 15 dollars each update for a new staff one level higher starts to feel taxing after the 3rd of 4th time.
    @GrimmPersona
    Equipment won't change to fit the same pattern of survivor upgrades, but we do have plans for some systems that will fill that need. It may be some time before we get them in, but between then and now, we'll be adding new and more ways to hunt for and attain new weapons and armor. I hope you keep on the lookout for them.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 521
    FYI: This big guy appears in my face in humanevolution's outpost.
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    @Shteevie are you still tracking this stuff? I continue to see 4 walker defenses in outposts - not happening as frequently but there are still occasions when it happens.
    gespuer
    We've discovered why the minimum increase was inconsistently deployed, and hope to have it fixed with the next major update. So yes, we're still aware, but we don't need individual names any longer. Thanks, though!

@javajnkie
    We also have a code fix in for the cause of that up-close-and-personal tank, as well. Coming in 2.4.
    GrimGaeljavajnkieWeekOnegespuer