Next Games beta testers

javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553
Next Games must have beta testers, but I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in suggesting they could use a few more or maybe some who test specific game elements (gear, for example) instead of the game as a whole. It could avoid the issue of accidentally selling broken weapons and unintentionally forcing the players to pay to be beta testers. It might proactively keep poor @Teeceezy from having to argue to an angry mob of players that the subsequent "fix" wasn't actually a nerf!

The cool thing is, Next Games, you have this huge community full of players, some of whom are willing and able to be your beta testers as long as they volunteer for the role—instead of being forced into it or unintentionally paying for the privilege by buying non-refundable broken weapons. I'd be your first volunteer.
DTP leader
Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
JulialiciousTop8dogPowerUKCrazyDMystiqueantSteliomongo911bladgierPain WalkerDaleAmazaynJadenzosonggbatsArtisansRedEye52

Comments

• Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,624
    The CC can make better and more informative videos when they can test out heroes, weapons and missions (except season 7 missions) before hand

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    Top8dogPowerUKJadenRedEye52
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    At the very least, NG should consider offering a bounty for players to report game bugs. Perhaps something as simple as giving some gold to the first person to report an unknown bug in the game.

The way it is now, there is no real incentive for players to report bugs to NG. Some players would rather keep bugs quiet and exploit bugs rather than report them.

A bounty for users that find software bugs has been used by many companies to try to help improve the quality of their software products.
    cmyx4bj
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Huh. Legalities? I beta tested outpost and there wasnt a problem with legalities.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,134
    Agreed. I m 2nd.
    Non-Disclosure Agrement signed by mods, CC, top players and whoever NG wants to use (Famous Guild Leaders etc). Additionally a special Slack chat should make things running smoothly ;)

Probably making a video!

Walkerballz
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 553

Non-Disclosure Agrement signed by mods, CC, top players and whoever NG wants to use (Famous Guild Leaders etc). Additionally a special Slack chat should make things running smoothly ;)

I want to like and lol that. I suck at making decisions, so I'm commenting instead.
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
    Pain WalkerjesterWalkerballzStelio
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    edited January 2017
    Yep - a lot of alpha/beta testing comes with an NDA (usually electronic, as part of the install process). I've alpha and beta tested many a game... for example, a card game that started as a mini game in very popular RPG franchise. I think there's a rule against promoting other games on the forums, so I'm in intentionally being vague, but my point is there are lots of games that have open or closed betas and open or closed test environments.

And yeah, I'd be dumb enough to sign up. This isn't a knock on NG... this is a knock on me because I've been known to overextend myself when I should be relaxing and de-stressing. :expressionless:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

WalkerballzVerbaub
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Hold that thought, @blynknz
    [shhh, it's a secret]
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Pain WalkerVerbaubRedEye52
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    I stopped buying the weapons bundles because of all the "fixes", and I'm about had it with waiting for the fixes that would make game play better...auto-center. I'm tired of being an involuntary beta tester. I think, I'm just tired of this game (gasp!) :/
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I miss @TK-421. He had plans that are not being followed through on by the new overlords.
    Pain Walkermongo911ArtisansSgtSalami
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Why would NG hire 'beta testers'? They have the perfect model now. People buy the bundles for an exorbitant amount of cash. NG banks the money, then nerfs the item due to some 'bug'. Coincidentally the nerfed item is now nearly useless, precipitating the purchase of the next 'big' item bundle.

Literally, it's the perfect model.

avelardezR2runfastArtisans
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,306
    edited January 2017
    That would be a great start and is a great idea. Very simple. Find world class players who can be trusted. Put them on salary and issues them a tablet with the game software encrypted and needing testing and let them "smash it" meaning apply all their gaming experience and report back their findings and send back the tablet for device security and continue the process. If the device is tampered with then have the chip codes erased. Just like Apple does with 10 attempts to enter the wrong password. Not very hard to do.
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    > @zoson said:
    > I miss @TK-421. He had plans that are not being followed through on by the new overlords.

May I ask what his/her plans were?
  • psychodocpsychodoc Member Posts: 10
    Writing code is hard work. I appreciate all the energy and effort put into this game. And I like encouraging more development, as some of us reach the limits of play. I'm kind of stopped with full resources. I wince with every can of supplies I find because I have no more storage. How can your loyal players support continued content improvements?
    javajnkie
  • dhusagardhusagar Member Posts: 36
    This is all being over complicated - I have beta tested dozens of games and never signed a non-disclosure. It's quite simple: the programmers send you a simple program that loads and allows you access to the game.

I've never yet been in a game where "secrets" aren't leaked (if the CIA can't manage it, why would any game maker think they can?). You don't worry about leaks, just boot the leaker when you find them.

If this is beyond ng, then I wonder how they managed to create the game in the first place.
    R2runfast
    @dhusagar Allowing u to play in the dev server would be cool. But this game isn't like the rest since there is content that shouldn't be seen until a specified date stated by AMC I believe. E.g season 7 missions. Not sure about the heroes. But I guess apart from that everything else showed be fine. :)

Probably making a video!

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    I have been a " Beta Tester " for NextGames, since I started playing this game...

Nothing was ever formalized...

I play the game, I spend money, I play the game, I don't spend money, I play the game, I spend money, I play the game, on and on it goes........

NextGames, watches how I play the game, what I spend money on, what I don't spend money on...

NextGames adjusts the game, as to what will make " me "more likely, to spend more money...

Yup... I'm a Beta Tester...

( when I am frustrated and complain, NextGames is very effective in ignoring me... )
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

wrinkled_bagSgtSalamiMaverick1969