Comments

• CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    > @El_Pollo_Loco said:
    > Joining the 2k club! I hope there are no membership fees

The fee is 100k spplies a day.
    El_Pollo_Loco
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    edited January 2017
    Well i still dont know how to take screenshots on my ipad (yes, shame on me), but i now passed the 3k...:-)

Now give me the discounted call event and i will rejoin the 0k club!!!
    CaptainslayerRickGramesEl_Pollo_LocoWallStreet
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    I joined the club while I was away. I can't believe I was on minimal internet for 10 days. and I come back to find that there has been no discounted call event, and no sign of one on the horizon. Will the wait ever end?

At this rate, I'll have 10,000 phones to spend during NML's birthday bash next year...
    1RisVakaliGovernator
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

Guys... from one hoarder to another, quit advertising that $h!t...

NG hates hoarders, so flaunting it all up on their personal message board pretty much cements the fact that we'll never have any kind of quality radio event.
    -BG

Disagree, if they want us to stop hoarding, then give us the event so we can use them.
    It's like how they are complaining that people are hoarding TG, but aren't really giving us an option to use them.

Im not quite at the 2k about, but I managed to get to 1k before I started to use anything above that.
    ZeroSix
  • ZeroSixZeroSix Member Posts: 33
    > @BiggyGuyinTWD said:
    > Guys... from one hoarder to another, quit advertising that $h!t...
    >
    > NG hates hoarders, so flaunting it all up on their personal message board pretty much cements the fact that we'll never have any kind of quality radio event.
    >
    > Just sayin...
    >
    > Its like when people posted all the videos with level 1 scouts taking out level 30 Tanks... And they were surprised when along came a NERF?
    >
    > smh...
    >
    > Learn these two letters... D. L.
    >
    > and keep it on it?
    >
    > Happy hunting! :smiley:
    >
    > -BG

ng already knows how much I have what and how do I use it, it doesn't matter whether I keep quiet post here or shout out loud to the entire Web all the info about my account is just 2 klicks away on their screen and do belive me they do occasionally observe it and make decisions based on that economy. What they don't know is y I hoard or when I plan to spend basically the HUMAN FACTOR. Weak minded who are bored will use their stuff probably earlier strong minded will hold on to get the jackpot there is nothong wrong with that, the whole world works under the same principal, since this game is still a money making business they will wait until all weak minded are rooted out and they have spent all their radio's until the strong can have the jackpot because there is where the money is.... You spend 2000 radio's on Tuesday to find out there will bea huge weekend event, you will be phissed off but still if you are weak minded you will open your wallet and buy some phones to just get a little peace of the action. As simple as that!!!!

Whit all do respect and seriously no offence Intended!!!

Psychology 101, learn it before posting it!
    Captainslayer
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,281
    edited January 2017
    @ZeroSix I learned and I know it. A few facts for you to consider to debunk your BigBrother theory.

NextGames is a small group, relatively.

Could they spy on your game? Most likely.

How many people play this game? Millions? How many @Next Staff? 10? 20?

How much time do you think they have to play BigBrother? Not that much I'd wager.

Simple psychology? How about simple math?

and then along comes someone who pops on the message board with a post 2K RADIO CLUB!!!

Neon sigh saying LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

I'm just saying that may not be the smartest way to go about it.

(and btw, when you say things like "no offense intended" it doesn't make it ok for your next statement to be deliberately offensive)

Psychology THAT (no offense) ;)

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Mad_CanadaCaptainslayerJayZ
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I disagree @BiggyGuyinTWD
    They will know the stats for radios, TG, supplies etc.
    They will no doubt no the breakdowns especially for the hoarders (they have mentioned it elsewhere about knowing people hoard TG), and they will know how people react for each event (they have mentioned this before as well.

So a thread here is not going to change that.

However something like the Reckoning bug, they will not spot that, there is not much math involved to look at that.
    PapacasArtisansJayZ
    edited January 2017
    @blynknz yeah, maybe so, maybe not.

The Reckonin' thing still has me miffed. People kept saying they never heard about the body shot thing until the Nerf...
    I knew about, and I used it. A lot. Shared it with my guild and that's it.

And then I DID see someone share about it in a thread about a week or two before the nerf and I was like "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
    Too late.

Simple fact, history has shown that sharing OP strats on here gets them strats Nerfed. WE are their #1 test group and #1 research group.

As for Radios, I'll try and get back to the topic...

I've hoarded my share, and I've no plan to use them at the moment. Mostly because I don't need to. My teams are pretty Boss right now.
    I would like another discounted 15 call or ICELS event, but I don't expect one. My guilds ask why I'm saving, I tell them because I like to, I don't encourage them to save for an Event that may never come. That would be irresponsible of me setting them up for potential disappointment.

And I feel threads like this one decrease our chances of getting such an event, not increase them. Personal opinion.

Agree or not. Just my $0.02

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    ZeroSixPapacasCaptainslayer
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Expect some very dissapointing news soon....
  • Craig522Craig522 Member Posts: 37
    > @OneLessTitan said:
    > Expect some very dissapointing news soon....

Can you elaborate
  • El_Pollo_LocoEl_Pollo_Loco Member Posts: 75
    Let me guess...they're placing a cap on radios?
  • Alin109Alin109 Member Posts: 28
    Do you randomly choose the events or how do you decide upon upcoming events? Because there are repetitive events throughout the month and some events like radio calls which are almost once every 6 months?
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    although I'm very sad over this news, I'm glad that you told us this @Shteevie ...I made a few calls yesterday with the excess from my "radio bank" and had some good results. Planning on having some fun tonight with some calls.
    Governatorggbatsantxbamfx
  • El_Pollo_LocoEl_Pollo_Loco Member Posts: 75
    @Shteevie So you're basically telling a good portion of your player base to go F themselves. That's what I interpreted from your long, wordy response to us hoarding radios.

You are right about one thing though...we are becoming disinterested in your game. And that is not from us stockpiling resources. That is from YOU deliberately ignoring our wants and needs as your customers (eg Interrupt and any kind of radio event)! Stop with the "Balancing" of the game and just listen to your customers.
    chronicmanxbamfx
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited January 2017
    Part of me wants to tell that story of "Handy Harry", the walker who lives in the office. We took off his jaw and forearms so he can't hurt anyone, and we let him loose in the office over the weekends. Whoever's office he ends up in come Monday determines that next weekend's event. But the rest of me knows that this would just be a lie.

We do plan things and coordinate them as much as possible. The themed weeks for each season 7 episode and the 12 days of TWD:NML don't happen at random. Developing new events like the Jackpot or the special 4th call [which was new a few months ago] take the same kind of effort as planning new features. Some others, like the herd, are more easily done thanks to the way base features were originally designed.

If there are events other than those that affect 15-radio calls that you liked but haven't seen in a while, we're happy to hear your suggestions. Same goes for ideas for new events. Feel free to use the suggestions subforum and to mention me in your post.

Edited to add: Handy Harry says hi! It sounds more like "Uuuuuhhhhhhhghgh", though.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    so it's useless to hoard radios?
    so it's useless to buy radio bundles?
    so if you guys offered radios, the chance(s) of finding a survivor/heroes would be less than if you guys don't offered any radios?
    so ultimately, we get same results or less results even with the "higher chance"
    so spend all the radios since it won't really matter since it would be the same output? or maybe i'm reading it wrong...hmmm
    PapacasMaverick1969xbamfx
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    @Shteevie regarding the "stockpiling" of phones and not having a 15-for-10 call in the future plan at the moment. Yes, this event benefits end-game players, but I believe not having these events hurts new players even more. I remember when I started playing, ICELS was the first time I ever laid eyes on my own legendary toon. It was scout, and not my ideal roll, but he was HUGE game-changer for my young survivor-self. Phones are rare when you're starting out and being able to make 3 calls for 30 tokens instead of two is a sad loss for the new generation. As a middle-ground option/suggestion, even if it was an event with a cooldown, one 15/10 call per hour, that would be better than nothing at all and, at the same time, "discourage" phone hoarding while making the event fair(ish) for all.

Addressing your comment about other resource hoarding -- I think we're all open to the idea of spending, unfortunately the ability to do so is due to either an inability (e.g.. Soup at max level) or limited/time restraints (e.g. Trade Good Shop Stock Restocking and Availibility). Has the dev team discussed other options to spend resources in ways that aren't game-performance related? Pay soup to skin your buildings in different ways, build a Christmas tree, pumpkin, etc.for the holidays, maybe some pretty flowers I can place next to my memorial, lemme toss some show memorabilia around my camp, or offer deeper options for toon dress/customization. I'd trade some TG for some face-lift cream for Large Marge, Lumberjack could use a beard trimming, and Ol'Gramma could really use a pair of glasses. The ideas could be limitless :)
    Artisanschronicman
  • ZeroSixZeroSix Member Posts: 33
    @BiggyGuyinTWD

I don't want to agree with it but I must the logic is there even if this hurts new player's in the long runn.

But if this statement is false from @Shteevie the you can better belive it that after you announce some form of extra benefit event for using phones I will physicali come knocking at your office door! Yes I can do it, it's just 4h away!!!!!
    Captainslayer
    @Shteevie
    Does it mean, NG is anticipating the way the game goes with a foreward of 3 months?
    If yes, how could NG not anticipate the number of maxed out players, waiting for something to do with their supplies?
    ZeroSixSCBMA
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    If you don't want people to stock phones, place a cap on it, and people will use them more often to not waste them. Right now you allow people to stock them, if you plan to not make such events anymore, just announce it, but first make one to let people use them.

If you have a problem here (people stocking phones) and you don't want this to happen, change the rules, but first let us have an event to use them.
    ZeroSixWallStreet
    @CRUSH they do anticipate it, it's just not a pressing concern with other things taking priority for them.

Tomatoes were meant to level us up, they served their purpose. Now we don't need them anymore. A simple fix to this would bee we don't get any more tomatoes once maxed.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    quitJOSHin
    But this would do some real harm to the ingame ballance. It could lead us to get more radios instead of the tomatoes.
    MadPuppy
    Me too.

Has anyone noticed the ironic subtext?