Forgotten Rotten Tomatoes Club

I know I am not the only one who still is maxed out on supplies and was not able to take advantage of the offers over the past 10 days. And the number of maxed supplies players will only increase as time goes on, especially as there is no council upgrade with the coming 2.4 update.

So I am asking, politely, NG, if there will be any way that I will be able to spend my supplies in the near future? Preferably something that does *not* require playing Outposts to participate?

Anyone else still maxed on supplies, please post in this thread!
BttlOpenerGebobsMovadop_herianDoTakTheLostOnesInvader

Comments

• KryptCreep3rKryptCreep3r Member Posts: 11
    I was in the same boat, maxed supply's, only ever played outpost a hand full of times and not that interested in it. After reading the thread about it, someone pointed out how easy it was to get 2000 infuence. I was worried I wouldn't get enough stars for my group and run out of gas and all the excuses including I just didn't want to play that way. I was actually surprised at how easy it was, and not only was it quick to 2000, I was able to spend my supply's, I gained a host of other rewards, XP, and TG. The double xp weekend helped to. And the end of the day yeah I didn't want to play that way but was it worth it, Hell Yes!! In many ways. I do feel your pain though it would have been nice to not have to play, they have done it before. Very worth it, except when I thought I activated my charge and didn't then died and had to wait in hospital, even when losing I still gained more in winning. I still got my normal stars too.
    BttlOpenerSurvivor6ixJuanlo
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,171
    Glad it worked for you, KryptCreep! Honestly, I'm not worried about the effort, I'm worried about resources. When Outposts began, if you had one set up, every time you signed onto the game you'd have missing TG, because people raided and took them from you. A lot of people didn't like this and wanted to delete their Outposts, but NG wouldn't allow that. Eventually, they removed the possibility that you lost TG when people raided you, and a lot of people who had been holding back built Outposts. But I don't trust NG not to bring it back. What's to stop NG from making it so that you lose TG when people raid you again? Nothing. And with their history of nerfing things just when you think you have them figured out, I'm not going to risk it. Maybe if they gave us a way to delete the outpost if we didn't want it any longer, I'd try it out. But until that happens, I won't be risking my TG on NG's whims.

Although now I'm wondering if that's going to forever prevent me from participating in the food spending offers.
    DoTak
    Thanks for your understanding, Movado. I know I'm not the only one, but I don't know how many of the people in my situation are on the forums.
    Movado
  • p_herianp_herian Member Posts: 87
    I agree @TransmuteJun, I have been maxed on supplies since the last time we were able to trade Supplies for TG without the influence requirement. I do not wish to play Outpost. I remember how many complaints were made on the Forum when players lost their TG to Raiders. I have seen no guarantee from NG that they will not go back to a system that will cost players if they lose at Outpost.
    TransmuteJun
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    Although I don't trust ng at all like yourself which is why i don't buy weapon bundles anymore and most likely won't ever spend in this game again. However I don't think ng will change it back to losing tg because of their motto,
    We are NEVER wrong and always forward and NEVER back
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    TransmuteJunArtisans
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited January 2017
    Yeah I hope 2.4 addresses the max tomatoes situation where it could be like gas on boosters... When you are full then just have it roll another dice on the other rewards
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I am totally confused. When I saw tomatoes-for-something offers, it was tomatoes-for-weapons, tomatoes-for-gas, tomatoes-for-gold-crates, etc. How does any of that force people into playing Outposts? I must have missed something. (Wouldn't be the first time.)
    bigbeano
  • tigerfeettigerfeet Member Posts: 54
    The availability to spend tomatoes over the short offer period was only open to people with 2K of influence, to get to that level you have to run outposts thus forcing people to do that if they had max supplies and wanted to spend them.

I am also not interested in outpost running like some of the above thus not able to participate.
    TransmuteJun
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    ah! I didn't know it was limited to those with at least 2K of influence. That explains it. Thanks!

Why limit it to those people? Lots of players with maxed out tomatoes don't play outposts. What's wrong with that?
    TransmuteJunbigbeano
    edited January 2017
    Dale said:

Why limit it to those people? Lots of players with maxed out tomatoes don't play outposts. What's wrong with that?

I completely agree. I have yet to see NG explain their logic on this issue. I had a thought that maybe they wanted to confine it to 'endgame' players, but then why not tie it to having Building Level 58?
    SCBMAGladiDoTakjimmorrison369
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @TransmuteJun Though I do not agree with your stance on outposts, I do believe it is your right to do so and it was really stupid step from NG side to limit all those offers by 2k influence. Connecting it with PL58 is best solution and that should be the only restriction.
    ggbats
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    I was in the same boat but I finally built my Outpost and got past 2K influence really fast, so I exchanged all my tomatoes. I still never play Outpost when Challenge is available, but for the couple of days without Challenge now I prefer to play Outpost and get Trade Goods instead of the Scavenge Missions I used to play before. Personally, I'm glad that NG has "forced" me to play Outposts because it's really easy to get tons of TGs. In 90% of the Outposts I have raided I didn't have to fight because you can reach the TGs with a scout, so it's a great way to get TGs, much better than Challenges.

I hope NG don't implement again the loss of TGs when you are raided, but if they do, we will have to adapt. After all, this is just a game.
    KryptCreep3r1Ris
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I don't see them returning to the loss of tg for a player but I do see them somehow nerfing the scout or making sure you can't run and grab tg. Players like being able to grab and go so that is why it will be changed.
    Invader
    @Gladi I appreciate your support, even if we disagree about other things.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @srmcn1031

@Shteevie has said that because of "box runs" (his term) that more people have been playing outposts. And because it's drawing more people to outpost play, they don't have intention of changing or disallowing "box runs."

Now, is that subject to change? Sure, I suppose. But, for the time being, it seems that it won't be.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for answering my question, @Shteevie , even if the answer was not what I would want (that playing Outposts will now be required in order to spend food).

However, your earlier statement is false:
    Shteevie said:

We used the 2k requirement to prevent new players from seeing the offers.

Although I do not have 2,000 influence, I did see the offers, every single time my TG store restocked. In fact, it was seeing these offers that got me so angry, because it felt like I was being taunted with them. I couldn't just allow myself to 'forget' that I was being left out, because I was reminded of it 3 times a day. I know that wasn't NG's intention, but it really did take me a week to calm down, and I had to remain absent from the forums while I did so.

So yes, players who could not participate still saw the offers.

One other question: why would the council level/player level restriction be a difficult thing to institute? It's already there when we open gear crates in the TG store, as players who are level 58 are guaranteed level 20 gear. So instituting a level 57 or 58 requirement should already be in the system? Forgive me, I'm not a programmer, so perhaps there are issues with this that I don't understand.

• quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @TransmuteJun
    Yea but you also shouldn't allow yourself to forget that you CHOSE to be left out. You choose not to participate in outposts and should probably learn to accept that you won't always have full access to the trade goods store because of that choice. Seeing how outposts are really the primary source of trades goods I don't particularly see that as unreasonable myself.

If your hang up on outposts is that it's pvp, it's not really that much like pvp. You don't play against active players, only against their layout that they setup ahead of time, so it really feels just like many other missions.

If your hang up if that you could potentially lose tg from being attacked, I would argue that you've lost out on much more tg by avoiding outposts altogether.

Plus as @Shteevie just said they don't plan on changing it back to the way it was where you lose tg when attacked.
    Marcus6253

@TransmuteJun

Yea but you also shouldn't allow yourself to forget that you CHOSE to be left out. You choose not to participate in outposts and should probably learn to accept that you won't always have full access to the trade goods store because of that choice. Seeing how outposts are really the primary source of trades goods I don't particularly see that as unreasonable myself.

Actually, I earn lots of TG from challenges and have never been hurting for TG. Not playing Outposts has never held me back, until now.

You're right that NOW, based on what Sheteevie said, it seems like by not playing Outposts I will be denied access to the food exchanges. However this is a new thing, as I have never been left out before. As to what this means for me, I have to determine that for myself.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I think quitJOSHin was referring to the 70 TG per hour that an upgraded Outpost building generates on its own. It adds up to a few thousand unstealable TG per week just for logging in. The BP from upgrading the Outpost will also put you into the top level, which is a better rewards category when it comes to TG crates, mission crates, and other rewards.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    bigbeano
    Shteevie said:

I think quitJOSHin was referring to the 70 TG per hour that an upgraded Outpost building generates on its own. It adds up to a few thousand unstealable TG per week just for logging in. The BP from upgrading the Outpost will also put you into the top level, which is a better rewards category when it comes to TG crates, mission crates, and other rewards.

Ah. If that's the case, I have already built the in-camp outpost that generates TG.
    SCBMA
    SCBMA said:

You get that just from building, you don't have to publish. I know @TransmuteJun understands that but not sure others in this thread do. Just saying.

Yes, that's right. I have built the outpost in the camp and the walker pit, and have upgraded both as high as they will go (the walker pit was purely for the BP). However I never 'set up' my outpost for raiding, hence I can't be raided, nor can I go on raids myself.
    SCBMA