Walkers defending your outpost

Hey,

New to the forum, but playing for quite some time.....a question about defending your outpost.

What is the best strategy for defending your outpost as it comes to walkers, do you use as many walkers as posible and upgrade them? ( your enemies can get their special traits very easily) or do you only use a couple of them so your enemies don't get their special traits?

What do you think works best?

Greetings :)
TheLostOnesjmababa

Comments

• deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    I'm totally maxed in the walker pit. I don't know if it is better or worse. I know when I go to raid there are a lot of outpost who just have level 2 walkers. I would rather raid one with more walkers to also get the experience points.
    anvs92yoyosliltonka
  • StarkhornStarkhorn Member Posts: 68
    I keep my walker numbers low. I don't want them to charge up when they face my defenders. It doesn't seem to make a difference as my defenders always seem to lose anyway.....
    anvs92RedEye52bigbeanofoxx70
  • PassiePassie Member Posts: 26
    4 walkers is still 2 times charge ability with the right attackers... my opinion is the best defence are your walkers... a good strategy in placement of the walkers (highly upgraded) makes it easier for you to defend... ok 3 charged attackers but they will be damaged before they reach your defenders... but the downside of this that takes alot of time and effort... upgrading walkers and stuff...
    anvs92Captainslayer
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 916
    Yes it is correct it is best not to upgrade any of your walkers. So when the attackers are not fully charged when opening the gate.
    eg an Assault will not be able to stun or a shooter able to fire off 2 shots
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
    RedEye52anvs92enigma12esiefeyjmababa
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    If you have few walkers, the TG reward an attacker gets for raiding you will be lower (as will the XP gained by the attacker from killing the walkers).

That means that I usually don't attack players with weak walker defenses. Not being able to gain enough charge points has nothing to do with it for me.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    RedEye52anvs92SCBMApapajon81
  • Patient0Patient0 Member Posts: 103
    Use all the armoured and tank walkers you can - position them in places where raiders won't see them and in key defensive positions. Tanks are best when they pop out of nowhere to stun and injure the raiders. Get some reg walkers, but not a ton until upgraded. Upgrade your walkers to higher levels to make them harder to kill, then max out your reg walkers. That's the way I figure it in hindsight, anyway. Also, I made sure to have a good walker pit going before I even bothered to create my outpost in the first place!!! Just wish I'd have spent less TG on capturing more reg walkers before upgrading them all to higher levels!!!
    anvs92
  • anvs92anvs92 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for all the answers, very helpful :smiley:
    Inzomnia
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 248
    When I am raiding I want as many walkers as possible so I gain the special abilities. If I knew it earlier, I wouldn't upgrade my walkers and keep them at a minimum so attackers don't have extra attack capabilities! My pit is maxed out but I have very few walkers.
    Inzomnia
  • esiefeyesiefey Member Posts: 2
    It's nice to see, I'm not the only one who regret about upgrading walkers and walker pit. I strictly advise you to not spend your resources for walkers or walker pit.
    Inzomnia
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I'm slowly upgrading my walkers for the sole purpose of giving more TG to players who raid my outpost. Why? Because I like it when I run into fully stocked outposts that give 500 or more TG and I want to return the favor.

Someday, that is, since it is insanely expensive to level walkers, let alone recruit more. I'll wait till my walkers hit max level before I waste resources catching more lowbies. I just throw 2-3000 TG at it once a week or so. I really don't get why ot costs so much. Hard to justify spending tg on walkers when there are phones, tokens, and epic crates all waiting in the tg store.
    tpzinho
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    I have Tank and Armored walkers in my outpost, may I decide to NOT place them, to have just normal walkers?
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    I though they would be placed randomly this way, thanks.
    SCBMA
  • yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2017
    High level normal walkers are the priority because they will engage your enemies in their back if you can hold them long enough.
    So I made the mistake when I started the game to recruit lots of normal, tanks, armored ( An option to kill some walkers would be great by the way )
    What I would do If I had to reset the game is upgrade Walker pit and max out normal walker level only.
    Ranked Guild Amazons, check out for free rooms :)
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @szgerg77 - Wouldn't it be more effective in that plan to upgrade Fatties\Armoured before catching the remainder?

Agreed that high level normals are not as good a say to go, as even my 15's can take out most i come across. The only time i got bruised by normals, was when the survivors ran to stupid locations to take shots\attack, which left them open to being swarmed

Side note, will be intersting to see who i get matched with now that i bumped upto lvl39 overnight