are some weapon traits rarer than others?

i've been burning TG trying to get a pistol worth upgrading and just had no luck getting one with gold range. does anyone know if certain traits show up less often than others? like gold concussion or gold wide bore?
Survivor420T_12

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    I assume equal distribution.
    I believe that is the concensus.

Standard deviation is pretty high though.
    So certain patterns may seem real, but it is probably bias.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I believe that distribution of traits is not equal. Like @feracolyte I have been looking for a while for weapons worth upgrading. They are few and far between.

Which makes sense if you look at NG's goal of making sure that, every thing we find something that works, they take it way.
    Survivor420Shut_UpT_12enigma12
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    I thought i had bad luck with 6 pistols and only 1 worthy of upgrading with silver grid and gold skull and some other less useful trait i don't remember
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Having 1 in 6 is good luck. I wish my ratio was that good.
    Papacasenigma12
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    It seems that some traits are hard to get for me, too. Haven't seen an assault rifle (of appropriate level) with spread in ages...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    T_12
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    edited January 2017
    u have 2 pistols that i would upgrade both have the gold charge... yea that sucks ur not gettin any with gold grid but ull get some more..
    in both pics its the ones in top right on both pics
  • HunterKillerHunterKiller Member Posts: 10
    What's so great about the gold range? I'd rather have another trait that decreases body shot, increases critical rate and increase critical damage than to be able to shoot a couple of grids further.
    Survivor420T_12bigbeano
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 158
    Sometimes... Let's say at around 50th equipment scavenge mission mark, something weird happens:
    1) you don't get a rare out of a gold card
    2) you don't get a legendary item that is -2 level of your current survivour level
    3) it doesn't have silenced
    TheSittingDuckT_12
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    i just like gold range and lucky/crit chance because sure shot works great on stationary shooters.

once your survivors are level 20, i think scavenge missions are an inefficient use of gas. better to raid with glenn as your leader and get 4k supplies, 12-30k exp (depending if you decide to kill the defenders), and 500 tg for every 2 gas and just buy guaranteed level 20 legendaries. 6 gas for 3 boxes is pretty awful
    Survivor420T_12
    > @mcbkhicks said:
    > u have 2 pistols that i would upgrade both have the gold charge... yea that sucks ur not gettin any with gold grid but ull get some more..
    > in both pics its the ones in top right on both pics

plus it's nice to be able to outsnipe daryl/Rosita in raids without getting retaliated and taking a bruise/hospital time
    mcbkhicks
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    @feracolyte I've been wishing for a pistol with piercing to use in high level challenges, as you have in your collection. What's your dream pistol? I'm wishing for silver Lethal, gold range and gold Piercing.
    T_12Papacas
    > @jammin said:
    > @feracolyte I've been wishing for a pistol with piercing to use in high level challenges, as you have in your collection. What's your dream pistol? I'm wishing for silver Lethal, gold range and gold Piercing.

i would be happy with gold range and really any combo of piercing/lethal/crit dmg/charging to be honest. piercing for high level challenges but lethal/crit would be fine for raids. i just really want gold range to out range enemy defenders so i can pick off defenders who block the tg crate without incurring injuries
    jammin
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2017
    I just bought 2 12.500 TG guns for my shooter, they both have Gold Silenced and interrupt...
    T_12Survivor420TheSittingDuckPapacas
    well, thanks to all my fellow players and our friends at ng i got exactly what i wanted from the event reward. thanks everyone. now i feel kinda silly for spending like 200k TG on pistols
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Lol, my friend, I have different criteria, I've spent quite a bit and am still using a base level 19 while sitting on a pile of legendary 20 scrap. Don't feel bad. It's luck vs desire.
  • HypnoticSoulHypnoticSoul Member Posts: 5
    I'm wondering what trait makes possible that outpost survivor can shoot my running guy as soon as he is visible for him. Any idea?
    enigma12