PSA: Guild Advertising Isn't Working As Documented

2»

Comments

• mauramailmauramail Member Posts: 10
    This is a serious and Expensive problem. I have paid 100 gold to advertise and nothing! Not one person has joined. Very weird. We have 6 spots open and we an awe some performing g guild. Walkers Walking
    HELP!!
  • tiffani5btiffani5b Member Posts: 20
    Same problem for me. We have a pretty full guild 18/20. I have advertised 4 times in the last week. Not one single request. Today, i actually left my guild to see for myself. My guild doesnt show up on that short list of less than 30 guilds showing. It only shows 1 guild advertising. I had to type in the full name to see my guild. I messaged help 2 times with no help.
    Come join us, gambler twd!
    GindyDeadBeatWalkerballzReapers
  • strideystridey Member Posts: 47
    :# oh look its gone all quiet from the Devs ..... dont worry i have also had an inadequate reply from support as well saying it works ........ Big hairy Balls does it!!! Refund my 1000 gold or £££s ive wasted..

Ps. Advertisements work on here ok. But not the point
    GindyDeadBeatReapers
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I think recruiting in the forum and on Facebook works much better than paying gold. I don't think we ever had success with the latter...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    1Ris
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,487
    Jaden said:

I think recruiting in the forum and on Facebook works much better than paying gold. I don't think we ever had success with the latter...

...well.. "Works".. It depends... If your guild is visible in searches makes sense to recruit in forum otherwise is a no sense...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    JadenGindyDeadBeat
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    It's a hit and miss gindy you'll have better luck recruiting individually as always my stars are your stars!
    Gindy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Guild search is also not working as it should...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    GindyDeadBeat
  • MaD VapoRMaD VapoR Member Posts: 37
    Very hit and/or miss.....RNG? lol

We have had maybe six new members join with 4 or 5 advertisements. More lately than before.
    Gindy
  • bucko69bucko69 Member Posts: 44
    Just started one will see what happens!!
    Gindy
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    I've been advertising for a week everyday and I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 hits a day and they are all very low levels. We have a high level guild.
    Gindy_Lily_
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    Good luck, @bucko69! I would love to hear a great story about it working this time to build some hope for the lots ;) Please let us know!
    If I were to take a stab at hypothetical causes, I have a gut-feeling the search functionality and guild advertising share some common coding logic.

I won't bore the masses again wirh gritty details, but you can read them here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/186306#Comment_186306

Anyway, with the influx of new, guilds and how searches provide static return results (the same 30 guilds which are always full on the wasted spaces that is the initial "find a gud" screen) I'd bet as guilds age and/or advertise successfully after over time, they drop down in "priority" and never make it back up to the top again due to the vast number of people ahead of them.
    bucko69JackBauerDeadBeat
    Filled my guild today from ad maybe they have dun something!! Gained 12 rangeing from level 11-52
    Gindy
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    I'm still getting the lower levels like 7s and 14s. I need the higher lever because we are a higher level guild. I'm getting tired of burning 100 gold everyday just to see about 3 people.
    DeadBeat
    Yup got 2 the point were i just want people 2 play dont care what level they r
  • Roos1Roos1 Member Posts: 17
    All these months later, same old-same old. There are respondants, but at levels below 15. Our average guild level is over 55. Wasted 1000s in gold, but not one recruit is anywhere near our average. Was working fine until about 6-8 months ago. What happened?
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I find you have a better chance of finding someone on the forums and offering to give them a $1 itunes gift card for the 100 gold than to get someone to join your guild with that same 100 gold.

I think I even saw a player on facebook this past week looking to do a "tour" where they will play with different guilds as long as you buy them whatever bundles they want. **This is a real thing that someone said**

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    CBgaming1969deb1hd
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    On a very personal note, I started playing in June 2017 and immediately started my own personal little solo guild and just ran with it...in part because I was trying to figure out how to play the game and because it's not exactly the clearest on how to join someone else's guild. During the December holiday event I think or when around that time when they ran a guild advertising discount i think got a message that someone joined my guild, a message asking me to join their guild and after I replied a message that they had left my guild.

But, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have researched more about joining a guild and eventually figuring out how to join someone else's guild and been brought into a great guild family and if it wasn't for them I would have quit when they took away all rewards, radios and tg's because of intra guild wars and not letting them down and the RPG announcement!

So to say the least the whole joining and advertising of guilds was a little confusing and cost more gold than I could afford to try and get players to join me and as for managing a guild or a great guild family...well let's just say my hat is off to my guild family leadership team!!!
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited June 2018
    Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear that you guys had bad experiences with the Guild Ads.

But I would like to let you know that the feature is working as intended. Receiving no requests, low-level players or few requests are all possible scenarios. It seems that there's some room for improvements though. I'll report it forward so the devs can be aware of that.

Thank you for the feedback, and feel free to use the Guild Recruitment section on the forum to get more people to your guild. :)
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Kaz
    I nearly pressed that button on you there, because I don't believe it's working as intended.

But I'll just agree to disagree with you there.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    tl;dl: Share your suggestions in how recruiting new members can be enhanced or how a player searching for a new guild can be improved.

Wow, this is a blast from the past!

Please don't close this as a "necro" -- I'm still a semi-active player and forum member and I think this topic has a great opportunity (as a "PSA" keyword) to continue to provide great ideas and feedback. While, I'm not my old "leading a guild" self, I'm all the-same ecstatic to see solid bug and quality of life improvements implemented in this game since many linger for time.

Since my original posts, many of my OP call-outs have been addressed. It's worth noting, tho, that there's much to be improved upon with just being a new/nomad player finding a guild "home" (if you're not a forum/Facebook player) that fits. It's also to be stated that, while I don't know if the mod/dev team took any of the improvements put in place thus far from my post here, many of my suggestions above were implemented in some form or another,
    • The initial "splash" screen doesn't show dead/closed guilds
    • All guilds shown when you open the search window appear to be active'ish
    • Searching for a word/phrase now randomizes results to allow a variety of results
    These are big wins!

To adhere to my tl;dl request:
    • Free: "Searchers" can always input a drop-down last challenge minimum final star count range and star requirements (supported by NG data)
    • Free: "Searchers have access to a refined search portal that allows them to further choose "other" guild-input requirement (listed below).
    • Free: "Guilds" can specify minimum weekly star requirements (supported by NG data)
    • Gold::(100) "Guilds" will continue to generically advertise as current, so advertising stays valuable to everyone without effect. NG can "option" an additional (50?) gold to allow the leader advertising to also be included in the search portal with values based on the searchers defined weekly star average, minimum camp, max survivor, etc. (Guild advertisers would be provided the courtesy via NG based data to tailor the last 3 weeks average results to the requestee -- an important factor in this bullet -- so a L7 isn't wasting a guild's time)
    Jaden