Fix to the Reckonin' and Weekend Event News

1131415161719»

Comments

• SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,815
    Morning !
    Do not let this thread fade away! Need to keep this alive, although it's like beating a dead horse.

Riesta
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,046
    Well, it took some doing but I am officially at my last option. I was able to successfully obtain representation and I am going to be suing NG for this unlawful transgression. I am also going to sue for court cost and lawyer fees since they had every opportunity to make this right and decided not to. Printed this entire forum as well to display what truly happened here. Bottom line, we purchased a product, recieved it and they changed the deal after the lawful transaction took place (and without the consent of the buyer). I look forward to a judge's decision on this...
    Dodkong
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Classic example of using a bazooka to kill housefiles.

Good luck, hope it doesn't get thrown out for being frivolous.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    > @Dodkong said:
    > Classic example of using a bazooka to kill housefiles.
    >
    > Good luck, hope it doesn't get thrown out for being frivolous.

Its principle based. What they did was not legal. I will stand for my principles. And to be honest, I didn't want this. If someone gets robbed on the street, they call the police. I get robbed here, I take it to court. Why is that out of line?
    Plus they made no attempt for real compensation. Could have given out a new free legendary weapon, gold, etc. Instead they chose to make us accept it. Well I can't
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I never said it was out of line. I indicated it was extreme.

The possibility of incurring multiple thousands of dollars (or whatever may be the equivalent in your country's currency) over a 15 or 20 dollar purchase? That's extreme in my opinion.

If their practices caused you to lose a much larger sum of money, I could totally understand that? But for the one purchase? To delve into, what I assume to be, an international lawsuit? Yeah bazookas and houseflies.

As I said, good luck with your endeavors.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    vshield50[Deleted User]
    > @Dodkong said:
    > I never said it was out of line. I indicated it was extreme.
    >
    > The possibility of incurring multiple thousands of dollars (or whatever may be the equivalent in your country's currency) over a 15 or 20 dollar purchase? That's extreme in my opinion.
    >
    > If their practices caused you to lose a much larger sum of money, I could totally understand that? But for the one purchase? To delve into, what I assume to be, an international lawsuit? Yeah bazookas and houseflies.
    >
    > As I said, good luck with your endeavors.

I understand what you ment now. I am not looking for thousands of dollars. Just my purchase cost and now lawyer and court cost to make me whole. Ibwas not able to get a refund through google because they made the change after 48 hours.

I do hate the fact that lawsuits that are frivolous tie up our courts. I truely do. However I do not see anoulther option if I am interested in what is right.
    And by the way, it may be one purchase of mine but you add up how much money they made over the entire network, it is a real crime. If everyone felt the same way, that it is extreme to obtain a refund through any means for illegal activity, then pyramid sceems accros the world would make billions scamming people and nobody would do anything.

Btw, my country is the USA :)
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    So how does that work do you file the lawsuit in the US or do you have to buy a ticket to Finland and file there?
  • morbis02morbis02 Member Posts: 47
    vshield50 said:

And by the way, it may be one purchase of mine but you add up how much money they made over the entire network, it is a real crime. If everyone felt the same way, that it is extreme to obtain a refund through any means for illegal activity, then pyramid sceems accros the world would make billions scamming people and nobody would do anything.

Btw, my country is the USA :)

Yeah, good luck suing a company that is not based and as far as i know has no offices in the USA.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @vshield50

I'm 99% sure that fixing a bug is not illegal, so odds are a lawsuit will fail.
    Also a company like NG would not take the risk of a lawsuit unless they were 99% sure that they would prevail.

Best of luck to you but I'm concerned you are going to end up losing lots of money...

Have you done any research to see if there are any cases out there like the one you are trying to pursue?

• wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 710
    vshield50 said:

Well, it took some doing but I am officially at my last option. I was able to successfully obtain representation and I am going to be suing NG for this unlawful transgression. I am also going to sue for court cost and lawyer fees since they had every opportunity to make this right and decided not to. Printed this entire forum as well to display what truly happened here. Bottom line, we purchased a product, recieved it and they changed the deal after the lawful transaction took place (and without the consent of the buyer). I look forward to a judge's decision on this...

vshield50 said:

Did you read the terms of service ?
    [Deleted User]
    edited February 2017
    Oh @Helio I'm beginning to wonder if you always take NGs side just to get a response from other players. He isn't upset they fixed the bug he's upset they sold something and changed it after selling it. While his lawsuit is funny to some there is nothing funny or ethical about selling something and then changing it right after after AND keeping the money.
    SCBMAvshield50
    edited February 2017
    @Shut_Up
    1) I don't see how my last post was taking NGs side... but of course you already know my opinion from earlier posts...
    2) The point of my post was that what was done (irrelevant of my opinion or yours) probably wasn't illegal... so if it wasn't illegal then suing would be pointless...
    3) I did mention to do research first, so if his research turns up other cases similar to this one, and the plaintiffs won, then by all means bring up a class action lawsuit.

Edit: I want to add that at this point in time, there are no facts that I can see that would lead me to believe what was done was illegal... and that's really what any of us should be arguing... was it illegal or just shady?

edited February 2017
    A civil lawsuit isn't about what is legal and illegal. I'm not saying he should or should not sue but what NG did was fraudulent.

I'm 99% sure you aren't a lawyer but you seem to be giving opening arguments instead of letting people use the forum to voice their opinion without having someone criticize them.
    SCBMA
    edited February 2017
    Agreeing to terms of service isn't the same as entering into a legally binding agreement. They may want you to think that but sometimes a TOS is nothing more than toilet paper other times TOS can be as rock solid as any legal contract. So many legal factors in play on this that help bind TOS and other factors that help to keep TOS from being legally binding.
    Shut_Up said:

A civil lawsuit isn't about what is legal and illegal. I'm not saying he should or should not sue but what NG did was fraudulent.

I'm 99% sure you aren't a lawyer but you seem to be giving opening arguments instead of letting people use the forum to voice their opinion without having someone criticize them.

Correct, I'm not a lawyer and I agree 100% that ppl should use the forum to voice their opinion as I did... and I would like to point out I did not criticize vshield50... I was encouraging him to do research... yet it seemed to have upset you that I was giving him friendly advice...

• SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,193
    Legally binding contracts can still be argued in court. Unfortunately the only "winners" are the lawyers.
    [Deleted User]
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,059
    I don't know about other countries but in Germany at least you can't just write anything into the ToS and say it's legal if people agreed to it.

If something is deemed "immoral" then it is not legally binding (the rest of the ToS still is). Not that I say that this applies here...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Shut_Up