Challenge Rewards

Credit to NG for this challenge re-work.

Just nailed the first round and the rewards were so much better already. Early days yet so I'm sure we'll find something to moan about but 18 Hero tokens after 30 stars + TGs and a decent amount of xp has got me pumped for the grind again!!

Anyone else getting anything different!?
DLichInspTurbinesBill_ZRTRedEye52[Deleted User]VakalisligoemGebobsWalkerballz

Comments

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I like it so far
    DeanTWDVakalisligoemWalkerballz
  • VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    I got 4 radios and 17 Rosita tokens. Not too shabby for round 1.
    DeanTWDInspTurbinesDotMatrix
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I got rare armor, 44000 xp and 28 assault tokens.

Where you got the hero tokens from?
    DeanTWDVakali
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    Good job, NG! You did it. Now it is worth for me to play the weekly challange.. :smile:
    DeanTWDVakaliWalkerballz
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Member Posts: 154
    I got 14 Jesus Token and a rare Level 20 weapon with good traits. Now i'm curious about the next round.
    Be carefull and good luck!
    Walkerballz
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    Definitely. It's got my guild excited about what rewards people are getting too... I got 18 Negan tokens, whilst @Fenixo got 18 Carl tokens. It's all good B)

Excellent job so far NG.
    FenixoWalkerballz
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Not bad so far, excited for the total potential number of stars being so much higher. Questions @Shteevie :

1) I'm getting supplies in post mission reward crates. I'm level 58/maxed. Bug or no?

2) Guild hit first milestone (60 stars) and got 400 TG. According to @painclasher 's video, it would then alternate to 5 Radios at next milestone (180 stars). However it says next guild reward is 450 TG. Clarification?

3) Gas starts at 4 for me (RSL 14). Should it not be 3?
    sligoem
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @General_Quatre
    None of those observations point to bugs. I think the video made some generalizations because the specifics are a bit... specific.

1) Missions at < difficulty 20 will still drop supplies.
    2) You'll see the phone/TG alternation a little further in. This is to make the solo-guild-hopping behavior less lucrative.
    3) Gas costs are tied to difficulty. You start too high for the 3 gas missions.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • addicted4lifeaddicted4life Member Posts: 27
    I like it so far. 3 rounds in. Thanks for the rework, I am happy with the reward and new cool down system. It promotea me to play more at once ad take longer breaks rather the have to look every 30 minutes if I want to earn rewards.
    [Deleted User]TransmuteJun
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    @Shteevie What's the logic for RSL < 20 missions still dropping supplies?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    @SCBMA The stars come from the rsl number after completely the set.
    SCBMA
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    edited February 2017
    18 stars + 14 stars for level 14.
    SCBMADLich
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @SCBMA
    Yea, after completing each round you get bonus stars equal to the difficulty level of that round
    SCBMA
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    > @JayZ said:
    > @Shteevie What's the logic for RSL < 20 missions still dropping supplies?

-mission crates give rewards based on the mission difficulty, just as everywhere else. Changing it would have been a lot of risky work.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    edited February 2017
    @Shteevie Gotcha - thanks. Not sure if there was a logical reason for doing so, or if it was, as you suggested, a way of limiting potential bugs and issues.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Shteevie said:

@General_Quatre
    None of those observations point to bugs. I think the video made some generalizations because the specifics are a bit... specific.

1) Missions at < difficulty 20 will still drop supplies.
    2) You'll see the phone/TG alternation a little further in. This is to make the solo-guild-hopping behavior less lucrative.
    3) Gas costs are tied to difficulty. You start too high for the 3 gas missions.

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification. I'm not one of those who mind maxed supplies much, just curious since it basically amounts to "dead reward crates" at earlier RSLs. No biggie.

The phone/TG thing is only a disappointment because I watched the video which made it sound like an even alternate. I'm curious to see how phone #s vs. # of stars compares to 1.0. I'm assuming/hoping it will add up to more for a medium-sized/ambitious guild such as mine. We were hitting I believe 12 (sometimes 16, but rarely) phones in 1.0. So 3 sets of 5-phones (as per @painclasher 's video) would be enough...Just have to wait and see how the reward tier structure works out!

Some quick calculations prove that this system is almost immediately better gas value for your star-buck (womp womp), I was just jarred by the starting of 4 gas for the first round.
  • jeffstasykjeffstasyk Member Posts: 162
    I'm level 40...with lvl 17 survivors...

Started at lvl 12 difficulty

Did two run thrus so far...have 61 stars...my 4 crates I've opened to this point...

Rare lvl 14 armor
    28000 xp
    13 bruiser tokens
    Rare lvl 14 armor

The xp and tokens are cool....but rare gear 3lvls below my survivors is useless...and next crates are 90/120 which means I have to do a whole round to get each one....so I'll get 6 crates but by that time I'll have gone thru the lvl 15 difficulty...

I'm not an end game lvl 20 with maxed out weapons and maxed our armor at lvl 23...lvl 17 means lvl 17...most of my weapons/gear are 17 with a couple 18s mixed in...and most is still rare or below...not all legendary....

What I am getting at is that once I get to about lvl 18-19 I will prob be done...so I will only play about 6 rounds of each map...but the crates have already started spacing out so I'm guessing I'll be lucky to get 3 rounds of crates..(9 total)...so if 3 of those are rare gear 3lvl below my survivors they are useless...the other 6 will be nice...xp and tokens are cool with me...but I really don't think the rewards are all that much better to this point...

Basically been pretty disappointed that 2 of the 4 crates I got so far were completely useless armors...
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    So far I am enjoying the new challenge, and now DLich's postings have convinced me that I will earn as many TG as before (which was my main concern. I am also happy with the 'special' chests, although I seemed to have rolled on the low end of RNG for my token chest, getting only 12 Tara tokens. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I also appreciate the longer play time before cooldown. It's nice to be able to play for awhile and then come back after 4 hours to do it again, rather than every 30 minutes.
    DLich
    @DLich Yes but I feel like that's speaking from someone using a Booster's standpoint, no? Gas per round in the new system will be higher than gas per star in the old, right? Eg, it will always take at least 24 gas (assuming a RSL 14 start) to earn any TG, as opposed to previously where there was a 6, 15, and 30 star/gas-threshold for individual TG.

Maybe I'm wrong, but calculating Rounds Vs. Stars is a little misleading when talking about Gas economy. I'm just speaking as a F2P player
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    Looks like I'll be earning quite a bit less tg than before. Just as I initially expected. How wonderful.
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited February 2017
    @OneLessTitan You can repeat Levels 19+ twice and still get stars?

edit: NVM...I get it now. That's awesome!