Update 2.4 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @TransmuteJun

I'm curious as to why you don't want to participate in Outposts? I think it is very beneficial...

For 2 gas (and using Glenn):
    - 14k-18k xp
    - 5-6k tomatoes
    - 500 trade goods

DLichAmigaPiterluisKaLi
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    NG previously stated that if someone has 3 pink survivors they will start at an increased RSK (level 58 player, means rsl 15).
    then they said that this one will not happen. could anyone with 3 pink survivors inform us?
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 188
    @TransmuteJun @General_Quatre While it is true that you may not earn as many or the same amount of trade goods in the new challenge as in the old one, you can earn rewards in the new challenge that previously cost trade goods to buy. In short, receiving these items may mean you need less trade goods to spend. All in all I think the new challenge reward structure is far superior to the old one.
    [Deleted User]DLich1Risggbats
  • PiterluisPiterluis Member Posts: 27
    Hi again people... I realized there are still tomatoes from crates after challenge missions. I thought I was not going to find them while I am at 58 level with no possible buildings to upgrade, and full storage... I have a couple of screenshots but I think it is not necessary to post them. It is just an small bug? Since 2.4 arrives, I did not got any tomato. Since I started Challenge, I got a few crates with tomatoes... one of them golden one.
    Member of Spanish Rage Guild. Playing since early 2016.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Marcus6253 This is very true. I was speaking strictly from a TG-farming standpoint. I for one never relied on Challenges for massive amounts of TG; I just go OP-nuts and generate what I need to buy tokens from the store. I have a decent cache for 12.5K weapons when an upgrade comes, but it's great that some of that cost MAY be offset if I get lucky in Challenges!

Of course, it's all sorta moot until a Council Upgrade comes, since I have all the 23-Legendary gear I need. I mean if a super-duper Pistol or Knife with even better traits drops into my lap, I will probably upgrade it and swap out, but I don't NEED gear atm. Still, I look forward to playing Challenges 2.0 for the Radios and Tokens (and will gladly accept whatever other rewards come my way!)
    Marcus6253kryptonix
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    Garret said:

NG previously stated that if someone has 3 pink survivors they will start at an increased RSK (level 58 player, means rsl 15).
    then they said that this one will not happen. could anyone with 3 pink survivors inform us?

Confirmed - they did it by max survivor level and did not use power level
    GarretDLichggbatspapajon81
    Piterluis said:

Hi again people... I realized there are still tomatoes from crates after challenge missions. I thought I was not going to find them while I am at 58 level with no possible buildings to upgrade, and full storage... I have a couple of screenshots but I think it is not necessary to post them. It is just an small bug? Since 2.4 arrives, I did not got any tomato. Since I started Challenge, I got a few crates with tomatoes... one of them golden one.

It actually would be helpful to post the screenshots, showing maxxed out on tomatoes and then of receiving the tomatoes in a crate.

@TransmuteJun @General_Quatre While it is true that you may not earn as many or the same amount of trade goods in the new challenge as in the old one, you can earn rewards in the new challenge that previously cost trade goods to buy. In short, receiving these items may mean you need less trade goods to spend. All in all I think the new challenge reward structure is far superior to the old one.

I'm not sure this is true. As per Dlich's tables, and mine from test, we will receive much more TG's then before under the current system AND in addition the Challenge and Token crates, which could be given a TG value as well if you actually wanted to break it down that far.
    TransmuteJun
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @Piterluis
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/183562/#Comment_183562

"1) Missions at < difficulty 20 will still drop supplies."
    [Deleted User]Piterluis
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Yeah, the comparison is tricky but the new system only overtakes the old in terms of overall TG if you get past like rounds or something. 8 rounds = 192 gas for 4400 TG, or 23TG/gas. In the old system, 192 gas would net you around 150 stars (with bonus quests, could be more) for 4500 TG. (so about the same economy)

Anything below 8 rounds, the old system was better per gas (eg, 7 rounds in new system nets you 3700 TG for 168 gas, but in the old system 168 gas would net 3900 TG). The difference isn't huge (and I am aware I am not counting Guild TG, so that DOES offset it), I'm just saying that it takes a little more work and gas to make it worth your TG-while :)

Again, I don't mind this because Challenges have never been my primary source of TG...I mean I earn 10,000 within a couple hours of waking up every morning, so who cares about TG in Challenges?? I like that now Challenges will give you better overall rewards.
    michellekelly10
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,061
    The argument about gas is only true if you go through very few rounds. The gas cost caps out at 5, so the later missions of 6 or 7 gas no longer exist. I think for many of us, the gas cost should be about the same (not that I've done calculations on that).
    jimmorrison369
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,951
    BTW, quick question.
    If you only get 2 out of 3 stars on a mission.
    Do you only need to make 1 more star (Get bruised and struggle), or do you still have to win the mission without injury?
    Zeena
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,364
    @TransmuteJun Just to confirm, gas costs are capped at 5, even on RSL21+ missions? If so, that's music to my ears!

Great question @jimmorrison369, I'm curious as well. Perhaps some of the testers like @DLich can answer that.
    jimmorrison369
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,614
    @JayZ I think the gas cost change after RSL 23 if I recall.

@jimmorrison369 sorry no, you need to get 3 stars for 3 stars. The stars are not cumulative for repeats.
    jimmorrison369
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    Gas cost go up to 5 at RSL 23. I'm not sure what they are after that.
    JayZ said:

@TransmuteJun Just to confirm, gas costs are capped at 5, even on RSL21+ missions? If so, that's music to my ears!.

I believe that is what they said on the preview video that was posted, yes.

BTW, quick question.
    If you only get 2 out of 3 stars on a mission.
    Do you only need to make 1 more star (Get bruised and struggle), or do you still have to win the mission without injury?

I think you can proceed to the end and get the rewards for finishing the set if you get even one star per mission. You also have the option to go back and try the mission again for the missing star(s).
    jimmorrison369
  • PiterluisPiterluis Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the answer, @quitJOSHin :smile:

Uhmmmm... if developers say that it is not a bug, it is not :smile: No necessary to attach the screenshots then. Thanks anyway, @kryptonix :smile:

PS. I edit to add PS. I hope they solve this non-bug. They told no more supplies if we were full of them, and it was so until today. But yes... they appeared on missions below 20.
    Member of Spanish Rage Guild. Playing since early 2016.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @Piterluis
    Please check the update notes regarding the loot changes. Challenge crates were not listed, and the mission crates were specifically mentioned with regards to difficulty 20 missions or higher. We tried to be as clear and specific as possible so that players would know what to expect.

If you do find supplies in a place where the patch notes indicate they should not be, please let us know and we'll address it.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    michellekelly10
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    Can you go back and get a star you missed at any point or do you still have to be on that level
    @Bryan18 you have to be at that level to earn back any missed stars, once you move on you can't go back.
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    @Shteevie and team

Why did you not completely take out Supplies in challenge reward crates for level 58 players like me? You think it will give us unfair advantage? I don't think so because we maxed out faster than the rest by investing more time, effort and real life resources.
    michellekelly10
    @NeoTheOne

Players at the maximum Camp Level [currently level 58] will see the following changes to their rewards and UI:

Supplies will no longer be given as an award for the following events or reward types:
    Killing Walkers on the Camp wall
    Mission crates after missions of difficulty 20 or greater
    Silver or Gold Trade crates purchased with Trade Goods
    Guild Gifts
    Cinema video ad rewards
    JackBauermichellekelly10
    @zbot
    Can you read my question again? This time be aware of the presence of modifiers. And...can you enlighten me on why you reply to a question for Shteevie and team? Are you part of the dev team now?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,951
    edited February 2017
    NeoTheOne said:

@zbot
    Can you read my question again? This time be aware of the presence of modifiers. And...can you enlighten me on why you reply to a question for Shteevie and team? Are you part of the dev team now?

He is just trying to help. Sometimes he doesn't read the question well, like we all do sometimes.
    Shteevie said:
    @jimmorrison369 thanks I missed Shteevie's response on that question. I also missed that was the question being asked by @NeoTheOne

@NeoTheOne welcome to the forum! I wasn't aware if you were aware of the write up regarding maxed players.
    michellekelly10
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,084
    The update is great. Though the maps are old, but the challenge rework makes them look like brand new challenges. Great work done NG especially @Teeceezy @Shteevie @zbot.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tHrEe with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    Piterluisgespuer[Deleted User]ggbats
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Really liking the revamp so far, but just wishing they hadn't used some of the most boring maps in the catalogue to start Challenge 2.0 with.

Seriously though @Shteevie & all - good work! ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    JadengespuerDoTak
    How kind of you @jimmorrison369 to post @Shteevie's reply but still I'd like them (I mean NG) to elaborate, to explain, to shine a light in our minds about this a little bit of mystery -- why is it a "lot of risky work"?
    jimmorrison369jps