Shooters - Kick\Keep\Upgrade

carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
edited February 2017 in Strategy Discussion
So, Never had Much Luck with Ranged team - Hunters are worse off than this lot.. Just wondering who you guys would Kick\Keep\Upgrade?

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,850
    @carlos1981 hard choices, I would keep all and see if you can find better shooters.
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @zbot - Thanks - Kinda what i thought. Curius as to what a better Shooter would have though, I think i konw my Melee Traits, but i'm bit as good with my Ranged
    @carlos1981 this is what I consider a perfect shooter for me. I found her as is.

Michael has potential! Max is a good candidate to upgrade but you need a lot of tokens, hence my advice look for better shooter.
    Nightwolf1986KaLiWalkerballzxyz
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @zbot - Thanks - So the closest i have are Joe and Ellen? I suppose it depends on play style and Levels as well? - As Mine are lvl16, I tend to use overwatch a fair bit when farming, so i think sureshot comes in handy here, especially vs the Tanks.
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @carlos1981
    I'm using overwatch, DS for outpost def (stationary). Bullet dodge for freeman, and outpost attacker.For farming i like sureshot, marksman, dodge, lucky, iron skin. But since it's hard to get ideal trait for each player, i have to agree with zbot, that you should keep all till get better one.
    For your survivor neither Ellen and Max has potential to get last good traits, but always expect the unexpected. I always collect enough tokens to upgrade + promote to legendary in one go, so if got non of ideal traits, it will auto retired :lol:
    Btw, if you accidentally find my outpost pls stop by, and enjoy your snack :lol:
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    @zbot Is your perfect shooter traits the same for a hunter? Just a question, how can Michael have potential when you can't change any of his traits or get any more? He doesn't have luck that most people say is essential.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    Sometimes you must do without certain traits. This shooter is one of my best. She can take out a level 24-27 on OW alone. It's a gamble, but she is a straight killer.
    NataNxy
    @enigma12 , as @avelardez mentioned, with the right gear Michael can shoot or overwatch really, really hard.

As for hunters, it depends on the mission but I do prefer those 5 traits. Until last weekend's event, I normally don't use a hunter in my lineup.

enigma12
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    @zbot Thanks for the advice! I checked my line up of shooters and I have one the same as yours so I am very happy that I chose to spend my points on him. If you don't use hunters, what do you use? I am an older player who isn't very good at games so basically do whatever, which is usually wrong.
    @enigma12 I use my epic Rosita in the lead, my perfect shooter Lena with the same gear, and a scout. This gives me a good mix to handle most challenges and outposts.

I love Rosita's leadership trait as it buffs my whole team and makes my shooter 1 shot most things, I can use Lena's charge attack to take care of most single threats, if not Rosita cleans up and my scout I use to open chests or reveal more of the map (fog of war). I have the most experience using this setup and it's a matter of comfort. I know what they can do.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,423
    Michael and Max are great and definitely worth the tokens with marksman and sure shot, i wouldn't spend tokens on anyone that doesn't have both when it comes to shooters and hunters. Sure shot is less desirable for assault as you usually have to move them to shoot
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild