Challenge Perfectionists

How many of you out there are replaying missions to make sure you get the full 18 stars if you take damage?

At the start of this challenge I'd make sure to be at full 18 stars before I move onto the next level. Recently though, I've reached a point where I've amassed over 400 stars, and just took a bruise on a RSL 21 mission. I'm on the fence to redo said mission since by the old standards I've already met my max quota with room to well exceed it.

Comments

• MaD VapoRMaD VapoR Member Posts: 37
    I did early on....not anymore. New challenge has me wanting to see what's next!
    Walkerballz
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    Nearly through Lev 21 3x with all stars accounted for.
  • Survivor6ixSurvivor6ix Member Posts: 131
    Gebobs said:

Nearly through Lev 21 3x with all stars accounted for.

Have you had to do any re-do's, or are you just that damn good :)?
    zivaolivia
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Yep, I replay missions for the extra star. More to do with my OCD than anything. If i get to a point where i'm foghting a losing battle i may settle at 2 stars.

Only upto lvl16 round 2 now (Lvl 16 survivors)
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Ha! I just faced this dilemma! I accidentally got bruised on a level that was pretty easy due to a fire walker... I thought about that 1 extra star for 4 gas for quite a while... but then decided it would be best to utilize my gas on another mission... i hope I don't regret missing out on that 1 star!

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,575
    @Marcus6253 LOL - you win! I've now been dumping the "Use 3 Bruiser" type quests and hoping I get things like "Kill no walkers" which get me 30 instead of 10 gold!
    gespuer
    @JayZ - May have ot do that myself. I have All Bruiser, and All Melee queued so far. Only 1 of use to me was walk kill 5 walkers.
    Here's a thought regarding the quests...don't use them during challenges. We no longer get extra stars for doing quests during challenges. Why risk getting bruised (or worse)?
    gespuerT_12GovernatorBlack_Jack

Here's a thought regarding the quests...don't use them during challenges. We no longer get extra stars for doing quests during challenges. Why risk getting bruised (or worse)?

Yep, I agree, and so i won't use them for that, Problem i have is they have crappy gear, so may have to shove them in hopsital on a few scavenges. No Problem, My Bruisers sit at home all day anyway, at least they get a Hospital bed...
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    The higher you get, the Dim Forest mission is going to be most players downfall. Trying to kill the high level fatty and deal with getting boxed in on both sides by the spawn is a killer and makes getting three stars about level 24, very tough. Good luck everyone, we're gonna need it.
    ggbatsBlack_Jack

Yep, I agree, and so i won't use them for that, Problem i have is they have crappy gear, so may have to shove them in hopsital on a few scavenges. No Problem, My Bruisers sit at home all day anyway, at least they get a Hospital bed...
    I know what you mean. I have some pink star bruisers with great traits that just rot on the bench. Maybe when I get to RSL 24 (a level I struggle with) I'll use them to get 1 star to just scrape through. But I'm not trying to run 3 bruisers on a lower RSL for 10 pieces of gold.
    NCDawgFan said:

The higher you get, the Dim Forest mission is going to be most players downfall. Trying to kill the high level fatty and deal with getting boxed in on both sides by the spawn is a killer and makes getting three stars about level 24, very tough. Good luck everyone, we're gonna need it.

I'm still on RSL 21, and I can see what your saying. The good thing I like about the new format is, getting 1 star in those missions will be rewarding for the 24 bonus stars. I do look forward to pushing myself to see if I can escape RSL 24, 25...etc. to just get the end round bonus.
    gespuer
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited February 2017
    @Survivor6ix it has gotten very difficult for me on that mission on my 2nd round at level 24. Good luck to you!
  • DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    I look at it this way, On Friday you really don't care it's just one star. But come Sunday night when you are in a battle with a guild mate for 1st place or 5th place, 10th place whatever. And your tied, or down 1 and can't squeeze out another star, you will be like dammit I should have replayed that one stupid mission.
    I think normally most vets do perfect for a while, but those flamers man. Esp when you get hit, then you retaliate, double burn damage, ouch.

I've completed this map set probably what 200 times or more maybe 500? I still get nervous at higher levels on "Into the Woods" thinking it's a deadly. So the completion part been there done that. Its trying to beat stupid @jester @Capleton and @Kappa123 One day I'll get them.

This is fun though,
    T_12CapletonKappa123
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    After a certain point, it's a waste of gas to replay a mission just to get bruised again. It's more effective to just move on.
    jimmorrison369
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,051
    I'm currently at RSL21. Not needed to repeat a challenge once.
    I don't think this will happen until rsl+3, after that it seems much more profitable to just accept the fact of not receiving the potential max of stars on a mission.
    There is only so much potential gas and time. Ending an additional (or 2,3) round(s), is much more valuable then maxing out each mission but not finishing as much rounds.

Need to find the right balance.
    Jaden
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    OCD player here and having a blast trying to get all 3 stars... soon, will be going for 1 or 2 stars, whatever I can get. ;)
    Cherokee_RoseggbatsT_12
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose NML Moderator Posts: 795
    I have a hard time leaving stars behind when I know I can do better. So I'll replay until I know to just take what I can get. I really screwed up on into the forest and forget to unlock a box. Geez it's been a while since I've done that. Facepalm :lol:
    Marcus6253SCBMAWeekOneT_12
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 208
    @Cherokee_Rose I feel your pain; I have been playing since mid December of 2015 so I remember when we had deadly missions and I have a memorial in my camp to remember the fallen survivors. I have 8 names on the wall and 6 of them are there because I was farming walkers for experience and when it got too hard to finish a wave before the next showed up I went to the exit, only to discover I forgot to open a crate. Talk about panic. I usually had to sacrifice someone and flee. Those were the days...
    Survivor6ixWeekOneCherokee_RoseT_12
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    edited February 2017
    WeekOne said:

The fact that we can try to get our 3 stars is super exciting. How cool is it that you can keep working on your skill to get that 3 stars on a map you know is tough to beat.

Bring on the moonshine @Cherokee_Rose >:)

How cool is it that there is always one map where you hit the wall and can't go any further, even if you can collect much more stars on the other 5 maps? This "complete all 6 thing" is the worst ever what NG could do. It's just a new restriction and stops me from playing and having more fun. I just want to have fun with this game and not getting more and more restrictions. I really see no sense in this "complete all 6 thing", the only thing is that i pay even much more Gold now than ever before. That is a mood-killer and i call this Challenge 2.0 officially "Gold Digging Challenge". Not less and not more.

But hey, one good thing, we get great rewards now, but pity that the rewards can't compensate that i have no fun if i can't play anymore. :D Great work.

In the past we had boring lowlevel grinding + the possibility to go as far as we wanted on all maps, that was at least thrilling and i could play as often as i wanted and having fun as long as i wanted. Now? now we have just a boring highlevel grind until we basically hit a wall and we are done.

Never ever before i saw such a boring challenge. God, i don't want to imagine how i have to fight to motivate myself to play the next boring highlevel grind challenge on next week, damn...and just for my guild ... it feels already like a nightmare! :D
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

Big_BLoewe1968Mystique132
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @Julialicious
    Say my name once and you'll get motivated :sunglasses:
    Say my name twice and you'll get fun :wink:
    Say my name three times and you'll get fun and motivate to kick someone who tries to messing with you :lol:
    JulialiciousSCBMA
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    i repaeted the maps till 24.3 with all 3 stars but will not do this again i think, i case i make a dumb mistake i will do it again but not when its to hard
  • leonato79leonato79 Member Posts: 8
    The new system takes time, time, time. Why the 3 rounds? One would have done it. I got a job and a family and I'm not willing to spend money to boost. I think, I can't manage the requirements of my guild and that makes me sad.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,069
    Just finished first Level 23. Hit 673 Stars and have yet to take a bruise. Got a couple of lucky dodges though. Gas at 5 now. Not willing to buy gas with gold yet or buy a booster. I'm happy with the rewards.
  • Mystique132Mystique132 Member Posts: 5
    I absolutely agree with @Julialicious

The rewards are pretty cool, but without buying a booster and spending loads of gold there is no chance to be successful anymore... it is really frustrating.
    Julialiciouspro_dj