Equipment swap button

KyoKyo Member Posts: 26
It would be nice to have a button that allows us to swap equipment between survivors easily. It might just be me but I have a few survivors the same class and level but only one set of decent equipment between them. Currently I find it a pain to swap armour and weapon between chars when running missions (if one is in hospital for example).
Not that important in the grand scheme but it would be nice.
SenoiaSurvivor

Comments

• SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    I think this would be great.
    Also it would be great if you could do it from the equipment screen instead of leaving that, going to survivors, etc.
    But easily switching before a mission, or even DURING a mission would be very helpful!

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Yes, has been on my wishlist for quite some time.

It gets especially nasty when you need a third weapon or armor to be ABLE to actually swap. Without you can't, silly.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • zosonzoson Content Creator Posts: 2,216
    at choose a survivor screen there should be a button 'make items available' that unequips all survivors except the ones on the team. this is how xcom does it.
  • zosonzoson Content Creator Posts: 2,216
    Discussed this with @Degreaser last night. Realized that there is no 'unequipped' state.
    This is likely so that you can't send a survivor in totally empty handed. I'm sure this would be an issue.

We came up with three options.
    1. Force the players to go through each character's equipment screen before being able to start a mission to ensure that the survivors are equipped.
    2. Have the level 1 equipment they came with be the 'unequipped' state. That is, when you unequip all, they revert to level 1 gear. This gear would not take up inventory space and would not be sellable.
    3. Add an unequipped state, but disallow starting the mission if any survivor on the team has an empty equipment slot.

@Teeceezy @TK-421 Please consider this. Everyone wants it, and it would make equipment management significantly improved.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    Lots of good suggestions here, though I think #3 on @zoson list seems most easy to implement as well as understand, possibly represented as #2.

@SenoiaSurvivor - Just want to mention that in the "choose survivor" screen you can tap the "green i" icon to check or change grear for each survivor. It also works for the non-team members (if you pretend that you want to swap one from the team). It took me some time to realise this short-cut and even if it's more clicks than the suggestions here it helped some of my frustration. Still it did happen some time that I wanted to do it from equipment screen too, but only rarely I do it from the usual "survivor management" screen.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    How about, on the equipment screen, a simple drag and drop system to equip the survivors?
    Drag the equipment to the survivors and drop it straight into their personal inventory.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    @JAG Hey, thanks! That's a great tip!

I think I might have done that before but it was early in the game when it didn't really matte. Good to know, now!