Do you replay levels on the new challenge?

CantripCantrip Member Posts: 36
Well, do you?

On my challenges, I'm getting to the point where catching a bruise is so easy that there's no guarantee I'll be able to avoid it the next time around even if I replay. My instinct is to always go for the max star count, but part of my brain is nagging me that it's not really worth it for 1 star here or there when the real payoff is in the round clear bonus.

What do you guys think? Replay everything for three stars if at all possible, or just blaze through?

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Like Jaden said. I wouldn't want to miss out on a deluxe-crate or token-crate.
    So in this challenge I try my best getting all the stars.

But in the end of the challenge, getting 23 (24,25) stars for completion > then scraping in another star.
    Gas is the limiting currency.

I'll review my stars on sunday/monday, then I'll decide at wich point I'll not be bothered by missing stars.
    Cherokee_RoseWalkerballzJaden
  • papajon81papajon81 Member Posts: 35
    @Cantrip you seem to be at the point where it is smart to leave dropped stars behind. If you aren't confident you can get three stars don't waste the gas. I'm hoping you're at +3rsl, that's where i figure i'll start leaving them behind
    gespuer
  • TheBRADLeyBTheBRADLeyB Member Posts: 82
    Still learning a strat that works for me. Biggest problem is that at 4 pops a challenge I'm not overly willing to re-do challenges. But honestly after a few weeks it'll probably depend on how many times I find myself at the end of my limit for getting stars and how much time I have left. If I'm finding that I'm not getting stars beyond Level 18 missions, and I'm reaching that plateau consistently with a day or more left in the challenge, I'll probably start being more picky about star completion in the earlier rounds.
    General_Quatre
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    I posted on the other thread, and i'm normally a perfectionist. I'll respond here as my view has somewhat changed (i still class myself as a newbie and therfore still learning).

I used to repeat due to OCD. Now, I'll repeat if i made a mistake. I lost a star on the Bunker, as i didn't kill the first Tank quick enough. So i knew if i charged my shooter, i could take it down and clear that with 3 stars. I'm not too sure how I'll do vs the Armoured as i've been pushing them. I'll onyl replay it if i make a mistake. If i'm genuinely losing stars due to low kit\bad combo's, i'll not bother, as i'll not be able to gain the extra star.

The round complete bonus will compensate for that, and I'm already 120 stars over my top score, with upto another 5 rounds remaing at least
    Gebobs
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    I do replay. So far had to replay only twice on RSL22(bad decisioin and bad initial spawn), so not a big deal. Currently started RSL23 and I believe I will have more replays and will give up with them sooner or later. Hope to reach 1st reound of RSL24 and I wont be replaying those. I´ll behappy for 1 star there and completed round. As others already mentioned, dont want to struggle for few final stars to certain reward if I missed them earlier. For me, in challenge 2.0 gas is not an issue, but hospital time will be. My team is not really small, but for certain missions I not have many replacements and if I´ll place too many in hospital, it will be over. Im already way ahead of initial expectations and not very far from personal goal that was decided later, so this part of challenge is fine for me.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I will also replay if I had exceptionally bad luck (like bad starting position, didn't dodge even once, things like that).

And now I have to replay because of a combo of bad luck and being stupid (bringing a hunter instead of a shooter).

After this challenge or the next I'll be better able to judge wether to replay or not.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited February 2017
    The star bonus at the end and the bonus crates are far more important than one or two dropped stars for getting bruised. Lick your wounds and move on. Using 4 or 5 gas just to get one star makes no sense.
  • DreadzDreadz Member Posts: 42
    I'm at rsl +2 currently and really starting to feel the hurt due to hospital time as a result of not having max lvl weapons available. I only replayed a few so far to pick up stars I dropped due to mistakes I made that I could see could easily be picked up, from here on though for me, it's just make it through.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I doubt I would replay any levels
    I just want to get it over with by the time I reach the point where I am taking on damages