Trade Goods and Legendary Weapons

timmbrnett126timmbrnett126 Member Posts: 11
When paying 7500 trade goods for legendary weapon I thought the weapon was suppose to be the level of your highest survivor for that class I know it used to be but now my highest shooter is level 19 and the rest 18 and I'm only receiving level 17 weapons also seems like that's all I get to is pistols last 3 times I bought paid 7500 trade goods it's just a waste now who wants to upgrade a 17 weapon when your level 19 what a big WASTE of trade goods now. Anyone else having this problem? Ain't no sense in doing raids now unless you buy the 12500 weapons that would get boring quick having to do that over and over
ljr6jvhv4Survivor420bigbeanoT_12

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,019
    edited February 2017

I know it used to be

You "thought" it was like that, but it isn't.
    It is tied to your player level. Lvl 46 garantees 17-18, lvl 49 garantees 18-19, lvl 52 garantees 19-20, lvl 58 garantees lvl 20

EDIT

As of late (after December 2016), TG reward levels have changed. I apologize for any confusion.
    The expected gear level apparently has dropped down 3 player lvls.
    We used to get minimum gear lvl 19 at lvl52 for example, this changed to lvl55.

The new scale can be seen in the link in the post below.
    Survivor420LadyAquilatimmbrnett126EL34xyzCzarnyJo
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    edited January 2017
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/trade-good-rewards/
    Leg crates content (as well as other crates) depends on player lvl(that number in top left corner on "home screen"). So your player lvl is way too low for recieving lvl19 leg pieces out of these. Always you can recieve 2 different lvls of leg pieces, only exception is PL58 where lvl20 leg pieces are guaranteed.
    szgerg77Starkhorn
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    No, the 7500 trade goods is based on your player level. For example you only 100% guaranteed level 20 equipment when you're player level 58.
    szgerg77
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,490
    Only the legendary items of a specific class (e.g., the 12.5k crates and any bundles you purchase) are tied to highest survivor level of that class.
  • timmbrnett126timmbrnett126 Member Posts: 11
    All OK thanks everyone I had it wrong then because when my survivors were level 17 I was receiving level 17 legendary equipment out of those that's why I thought it went by highest survivor of that class
  • timmbrnett126timmbrnett126 Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2017
    OK jimmymorrison369 you were wrong I'm at lv 49 almost just hair more will be at lv 50 and I just bought a legendary crate and it was assault weapon lv 17 so that theory ain't right
    jimmorrison369
    edited February 2017
    @timmbrnett126

EDIT
    Don't take my word for it

You sure you didn't buy a epic crate for 3000tg?

If you are right, it changed because of update.
    But the most probable, is a mistake on your part.

Buying 7500TG crate in tg store should guarantee lvl 18-19 if you are lvl49. Period.
  • TayonasTayonas Member Posts: 20
    Yea, something is up.

I have only played since the start of December, but have level 18 survivors.

I have always taken legendary and epic crates to be determined by survivor level. I learned the hard way by having different level survivors and getting corresponding levels of gear.

Last night I drew a level 18 assault rifle. Today a level 15 jacket. An epic also gave me a level 15.

Would like some clarification.
    jimmorrison369
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,706
    @Tayonas what kind of crates? Also what is your player level?
    Tayonas
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    @timmbrnett126 i am facing similar issues with you. I have bought 7 legendary weapons crates and i received level 16 to level 18 gears. I used to receive lvl 19 and lvl 18 previously before the update. Looks like i gonna hoarde the TG till it is fixed. My player level is 51 and highest survivor level is 19.
    edited February 2017
    @zbot I am now using survivors level 18 and current player level is 46. I was survivor 14 and level 42 yesterday.

Because I only started a couple of days after Christmas I will admit that it is difficult for me to say 100% how things were, to what they are.

What I can say for certain is that *if for example* I had a level 12 hunter and a level 8 shooter as my two top levels in their class, my gear would always come out the maximum for the corresponding survivor level. I learned to level everyone up before popping crates the hard way.

Now with level 18 survivors I am getting level 15 gear. But last night I got an assault rifle with the assault package. I then pulled another level 18 assault rifle from a crate. That was just cruel :)

Then it was a level 15 jacket and another level 15 jacket today.

Also not had a single legendary and only one too low level to use epic from scavenge. I do it on hard.

Edit: The trade goods crates is what I was initially talking about.

Also one reason I have went through the game so fast is because I cracked its mechanics, especially regarding the trade goods crates.

At least I thought I had. But everything was working as predicted until the update.
    @Tayonas it depends on which TG crates, if it's the 12.5K it's based on the highest survivor level for the survivor type gear. The 7.5K gear is based on player level and I believe your player level is too low for consistent level 18 gear. Spend some time upgrading your other buildings to increase your player level.
    T_12
    edited February 2017
    @zbot

I got a level 16 today and Im at a level where I should, according to everything get at least level 17 - 18 gear and today I got level 16.

Yesterday it was 15.

Kinda sucks to be me. I've bought something like 22500 (that I can think of) and have only got 1 item at the correct level. Now I'm as well to keep my other 50k.

My end of mission crates, legendary, have been 15-18. That is when and if I actually get it. I've had green 18/19 stuff from gold ticket crates :(

@Tayonas again your player level is too low for the gear level you are looking for from legendary crates from the TG store. The end of mission crates are based on RSL so it's different.

Spend some time to evenly level up your camp and you will see improvements.
    T_12
    @zbot

Since I am level 47 and everything says level 46, 47 and 48 is level 17-18 gear, can you please explain to me how I am too low level to get level 17 or 18 gear?

I posted the screenshot, it says 47 on it and shows my level 16 draw from a TG crate.
    edited February 2017
    @zbot @Tayonas @Shteevie

I have to agree with Tayonas.

This list has worked for a long time (has been spot-on for me and many others)
    And player lvl 47 should be enough for 17-18 from legendary gear crates.

I can think of 2 scenarios. (But there may be more, survivor must be lvl17-18 of course)

1- It changed with 2.4 update
    2- because Tayonas went from player lvl 42 to 47 in such abnormal pace, the game still gives rewards for lvl 42. (Like something isn't updating maybe?)

About the mission rewards, zbot is right though.

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    The number up in the upper left of your screen is your camp level, not the player level

I have seen several people call it your player level
    jimmorrison369MinistrT_12
    @EL34xyz Player and camp level are the same thing. If you click on the number at the top left of your screen, it'll say "Player level ##"

Survivor level is the term that we should use to refer to the level of the characters that you take on missions.
    jimmorrison369T_12
    edited February 2017
    I can advance my camp level without advancing my player levels

So I would say that player level is the highest player number you have

So If my highest player is a 19, I would say that is my player level
    jimmorrison369CaptainslayerMinistr

I know it used to be

It is tied to your player level. Lvl 46 garantees 17-18, lvl 49 garantees 18-19, lvl 52 garantees 19-20, lvl 58 garantees lvl 20
    I always get the weapon level that are tied to my highest player level
    So if my highest hunter is a 19, I get a level 19 weapon that tops out at level 22

That's why I wait to upgrade my srvrs before purchasing a weapon from the shop
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @EL34xyz I think you mix up two different things.
    The player - that's you
    The survivor - the people you play with
    MinistrT_12
    edited February 2017
    EL34xyz said:

I know it used to be

I always get the weapon level that are tied to my highest player level
    So if my highest hunter is a 19, I get a level 19 weapon that tops out at level 22

That's why I wait to upgrade my srvrs before purchasing a weapon from the shop
    You are misunderstanding.
    7500tg legendary crates are based on camp-level AKA player level.
    Money bought and 12,500 TG crates give the lvl of the highest survivor of that type.
    @EL34xyz Just click on the number at the top left of your screen. You'll see that the game refers to what you are calling "camp level" as "player level." As @David_H79 mentioned, YOU are the player. Your Scouts, Hunters, etc. are your SURVIVORS.

The max player/camp level is 58. The max survivor level is 20.

For consistency and to eliminate confusion for newer players, I would suggest that we all adopt this shared nomenclature to refer to levels.
    jimmorrison369T_12
    Yeah but no one does
    So when I see someone posting about their player level, I think they are talking about their srvrs, not their camp
    Ministr
    For those thinking I am pulling these facts out of my behind.

This is by far the most accurate information on the interwebs.
    JayZ1Ris
    edited February 2017
    I thought pressing the the number in the top left corner and a box popping up stating Player Level ... with the same number kinda gave the game away.

But then again I also thought 47 was higher than 46.

What can I say? I started after Christmas, I'm new so, what do I know?

I just don't get it, after levelling my first leg crate was a level 18 assault rifle, then I pulled a 15 and so on ... crazy.

I should probably mention that at some point a level 2 leg pistol dropped for me in the past week as well.

And why am I doing RSL lvl 20 and only getting rare (green) items lvl 18/19/20 (20 I get/know the reason) for gold tickets.

Driving me nuts now.
    edited February 2017
    @Tayonas
    Your best bet is to pm @shteevie or someone else from NG.
    If your story is accurate, and that screenshot makes me believe it, there really is something off on your account.

Yeah, the changed they reward structure
    Tayonas
    @jimmorrison369 someone called Mike answered my support question and just reiterated that drops were based on player level ... need to wait to see what he says to my reply.
    OK, so last 3 gold ticket crates ...

RSL 20

LVL 19 Epic Sword
    LVL 20 Epic Bat
    LVL 20 Rare Rifle

How does that work?
This discussion has been closed.