Adding a "general chat" in the game

Hi,

We need a "genereal chat" like we see in most popular games to help the recruiting of new members for the guild.

Currently we have to do it via forums and video games sites and it is not the easiest way to do it. We need to do it in the game.

I know we have a button under the guild to promote the guild for 100 gold for 24 hours but do it a few times without success.

How can we stay competitive in the top 50 local guilds, if we can't replace inactive players kicked out.

Instead of giving us a new scewdriver to kill walkers give us the tools to we need!!

Z0MB1E
WalkerballzSeismicMushroom

Comments

• Z0MB1EZ0MB1E Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

We need a "genereal chat" like we see in most popular games to help the recruiting of new members for the guild.

Currently we have to do it via forums and video games sites and it is not the easiest way to do it. We need to do it in the game.

I know we have a button under the guild to promote the guild for 100 gold for 24 hours but do it a few times without success.

How can we stay competitive in the top 50 local guilds, if we can't replace inactive players kicked out.

Instead of giving us a new scewdriver to kill walkers give us the tools to we need!!

Z0MB1E
    SeismicMushroom
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,021
    Global chat would be awesome.
    WalkerballzSeismicMushroom
  • Aeshur005Aeshur005 Member Posts: 114
    I think we also need private messaging too. I've had many people want to apply to the last spot of my guild but it's not because they are higher level that they better suited my guild. I've had lvl 38 pulling way more stars then 43+ since they were more active.

I would like to be able to chat with them before I blindly recruit them. We have to use line app to chat between guild and just talk within the guild.

Rework on chat system would be nice

Thanks
    SeismicMushroomiBolski
  • SeismicMushroomSeismicMushroom Member Posts: 6
    I second this idea, but only if there's the option to hide/mute world chat if you're not interested. It can get annoying being on the bottom of the screen all the time (I.e. The Godfather game).

PMs might be nice too - but definitely chat options and member removal for guilds (even though nobody has joined mine yet :disappointed: )
  • iBolskiiBolski Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2017
    Another idea is Guild level email where leaders can send out emails to the masses as well as to individual guild members. It's SO hard to ensure everyone gets announcements within the guild in chat because it scrolls off. We've tried using Line chat rooms and Facebook groups, but not everyone will join up. So, with the ability to send an email to the entire guild, as well as to individuals (and not limiting them like the chat room), ensures that we KNOW they got the message, but if they don't respond, then we can consider they ignored it and can handle the situation from there.

Also, having co-leader positions would be nice. Clash Royal has this option so that people have more permissions than Elder, but still not the full of the leader, but still can do things such as edit the guild description. That would be nice, especially if the leader isn't available at the time.

But email is a BIG thing, way over the global chat as I'm in a "co-leadership" position in our guild, and email made things SO much easier in Game of War (which I finally quit - thank God! This game is SO much better).
    In-Game Username: Bolski
    Guild: Glorius-Undead (Leader) - Yes! That's how it's spelled. ;)
    [email protected]
    https://discord.gg/aZndenz

• MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Interesting, but let's not stand on ceremony here. "Global chat" in any mass game has traditionally been a platform for trolling, spamming, profanity, and nonsense. It wouldn't be a feasible way to recruit for guilds either as once you type a message, 100 other players have typed their messages and buried yours. Certain MMO-type games use it because the game mechanics allow for finding a pick-up-team to run a mission/dungeon/whatevers right on the spot. But NML is inherently a single-player game, making global chat unnecessary.

I'd rather see efforts put into expand guild chats, adding friends, messaging individual players, etc. that would be more productive than reading thousands of: "you f*** noob" type of msg's in global chat all day.

With that said, I wouldn't personally mind if global-chat were added. But I would never use it, nor bother to read anything there. I only care to communicate with friends, guildmates, and once in a while the Forums.
    blynknz
  • WhippyWhippy Member Posts: 41
    In game global chat is definitely missed for WD. Great idea!
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Aeshur005 said:

I think we also need private messaging too.

I agree, but not a "private" pm. I have played games were you can post on a players account/wall. But it is still all open for anyone to read.
    But first of all, we would need to have a way to search for players.