Would you pay more trade goods to see the traits of an item?

PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
This is promted by my recent spend on trying to get what consider decent gear from the TG store (over 100k spent and not one peice of gear I would use).

I for one would pay a premium price, say double the 12.5k to buy gear i knew what I was getting. Probably will never happen but lets gague opinion.

Would you pay more trade goods to see the traits of an item? 66 votes

Yes, I would pay more to see what im buying
93%
TransmuteJunTrolgletVerbaubPutchucoPoppyzeeblackDeadBeatDoTakdrinkyR2runfastLadyAquilaJerryDixonWallStreetStrikeDangerBBryan18InspTurbinesPapacasPigReeconn 62 votes
No, I like the surprise despite how rubbish it could be
6%
stephcurryWhyDoYouDieDeanTWDT_12 4 votes

Comments

• TXbossTXboss Member Posts: 36
    Amen: 12.5k of TGS = 25 outpost attacks, well over an hour's play, then the traits on the gear almost always suck. I'd happily pay more to see the traits. But 2x is a bit rich: how about 15k?
    DeeLHCDeanTWD
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Well, I would like to see traits, but not really sure if I want to pay double price for it. Maybe if I´ll be able to choose traits myself. But it is really unlikely, either way.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Definitely. I have played and saved TG to buy hunter gear. I got a decent vest, then bought a rifle - didn't have the traits I wanted (no wide bore), saved some more TG, bought another... and got the exact same rifle a second time. :s
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    jimmorrison369DoTak
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,053
    I would pay up to 100,000 TG if I can pick traits myself.
    30k for known traits too.
    Papacasszgerg77JackBauer
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Still at a point where I can use gear for different classes so prefer buying 4x epic crates for the price. But, would absolutely like to see what I'm buying and willing to pay more for the privilege. Even if it's double, you could save up all those TGs you would have wasted on lotto picks until the right offer comes along, then it's a sure thing. This is why some bundles are sold. Sure they cost real money, but you know what traits you're getting. In this proposal, at least you'd only be spending TGs and not cash.
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    i agree but if you think of the big picture, choosing gear with guaranteed traits would significantly shorten the lifespan of the game. since there's no durability or anything, it's like the existential problem of a game like this. once you have the perfect item or perfect traits on a survivor you're basically "done". no more incentive to keep grinding outposts or scavenge missions or anything. i'm just saying be careful what you wish for because it might sound awesome but in truth not very practical in application. you can always get gear with guaranteed traits by paying real money for it if you buy the bundles and like the weapons (even aesthetically). also note that NG would sell a lot fewer bundles if the same piece of gear could be reliably purchased with TG
    Invader
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89

once you have the perfect item or perfect traits on a survivor you're basically "done". no more incentive to keep grinding outposts or scavenge missions or anything.

Not until they raise the level cap to 21
    yeah true but that seems like another issue this game has to address... i just think we have to be careful about making the game easier when the game actually has a real stopping point, because people might get bored or quit (just look at all the posts begging for a new update). trust me i'm in the same boat but i realize that the rng factor is build in to extend the game and make the gear lottery exciting
    JayZ
  • TXbossTXboss Member Posts: 36
    Has anyone ever bought a ranged weapon with large calibre (hunter), high powered (shooter) or wide spread (assault) with 12.5k TGS? If those traits are suppressed, this forum should be able to confirm that. Then we can spend our TGS elsewhere. And if enough players stop spending their TGS on these weapons, perhaps NG will stop trying to make us spend hours running outpost raids only to "reward" us with crap!
    > @TXboss said:
    > Has anyone ever bought a ranged weapon with large calibre (hunter), high powered (shooter) or wide spread (assault) with 12.5k TGS? If those traits are suppressed, this forum should be able to confirm that. Then we can spend our TGS elsewhere. And if enough players stop spending their TGS on these weapons, perhaps NG will stop trying to make us spend hours running outpost raids only to "reward" us with crap!

yes i can attest to have received assault rifle with wide spread gold and katana with wide arc gold and baseball bat with concussion gold. never got a high power pistol but fortunately we got one from the event
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    It doesn't matter what the cost is, they aren't going to show us the traits before purchase.

The normal sequence of events was:
    - NG offers equipment
    - People buy the equipment
    - NG nerfs the traits to "balance" things
    - People complain that they bought the equipment because of the traits and now the traits were not worth that they paid for.

After going through that sequence several times, people were getting upset at the pattern. NG wants to continue selling equipment and wants to continue nerfing the traits but there is a legitimate complaint from people not getting what they paid for.

The solution: sell the equipment with unknown traits. That way, people can not claim fraud.
    jimmorrison369SCBMA
    i guess i'm just thinking about the goal of the game as a whole as opposed to the immediate reward of a really well rolled item. i mean there could have been layers and layers of RNG to make a good weapon (like diablo 3) where damage and traits and % on all values are randomized.

having recently hit player level 58 myself i'm starting to experience the fatigue that our fellow players have complained about for months. raising level caps and instantly making everyone's best rolled gear obsolete is not a good solution especially for people who paid real money for level 20 gear. my comment is more of a question of game design than an actual suggestion