Best hunter rifle?

What three traits do I need if I just want to do the most possible damage?

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    I thnk is Destructive, Accurate, Lucky for increase chance to let Critical Hit & do more damage to kick in, myabe Lethal also important.
    for walkers level over +3 of your hunter: gold Piercing is a must
    for walkers quantity: gold Large Caliber
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Think the obvious ones are lethal and destructive

I'm sure there's plenty of debate possible for third one

Accurate - more chance of criticals to make use of destructive
    Large caliber - doesn't increase damage any, but increases # of targets hit
    Piercing - not much effect until targets +3/4/5 your level, then reduces body shots, thus increasing potential damage
    Lucky - see Accurate

If I wanted a rifle with most possible damage, it would be
    Silver large caliber
    Gold lethal
    Gold destructive
    1RisFester17
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Yeah, I also like @Monsuta 's first answer. Criticals are where the most damage is done, especially with destructive and/or the survivor sure shot trait. I think the traits I picked are more general purpose and the lethal helps when you don't get a critical
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    I would go for silver bore, gold piercing and lethal. In scavenge missions, you dont need any special traits(so this one will do the job) and in +3/4/5 lvls above, this one will do good job for sure. Destructive and accurate age great until you hit bodyshot wall...
    BttlOpenerNataNxyRichuk
    I know it is possible to get rifle like that, but didnt expected anyone to post a picture. I would kill(10 thousand walkers) for this one @Mad_Canada . Enjoy it.
    JayZantCaptainslayer
  • Mad_CanadaMad_Canada Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2017
    I didn't have to kill 10,000 walkers, but I did spend over 60,000 TG to get it. I got lucky. I bought every 12,500 TG rifle available hoping for this exact combination - struck gold this morning on only my 5th try. The timing is rather fortuitous, given the imminent 5 second upgrade event.
    Mad Canada Guild is Ranked in the top Canadian guild listing - Come join us :)
    Our guild post is here
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    I have +crit (silver) +caliber (gold) + piercing (gold).

I thought I been lucky about this one, but it seems the gold caliber is not really worth it, should I upgrade it?
    I tried some maths @Mad_Canada and if Im right, there is about 0,6% chance of this combo of traits apear in right order(there are two possibilities, piercing and lethal order does not matter in final result). So you had about 3% chance of getting such rifle. Im not going to gamble with mine luck, as(statistically) for one such rifle, you need to make 167 purchases.
    All above is based on equal chance of all traits.
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    @Aniel Piercing is hard enough to come by on it's own, let alone with the other traits too. Personally, I would upgrade that gun in a heartbeat! Besides, if you're lucky enough to find the other one, then you'll have two guns with pericing!
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    Silver bore, gold interrupt and gold piercing isn't too bad either. Got up to RSL+5 with that rifle last challenge.
    bigbeano
  • Mad_CanadaMad_Canada Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2017
    God I love this rifle.... I'm up over 1000 stars in the challenge and it's putting down Lvl 27 walkers like it's the very first round. It's in the hands of a 7 star Hunter with Marksman and Sure Shot. Tested up to Lvl 27.... every hit is a critical. I also completed 14-2 Nm with it.

Problem with Interrupt is it stops working at +5 your level. In fact, most traits stop working eventually. However, Piercing and Lethal never do. There are no limits on this rifle.
    Mad Canada Guild is Ranked in the top Canadian guild listing - Come join us :)
    Our guild post is here
    CaptainslayerFester17
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @gladi how many walkers would you kill for these lol. Gotten coming out my ears lol
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    Whoops the pic didn't load here it is
    David_H79Marcus6253
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,909
    edited February 2017
    I don't get why nobody talks of interrupt??
    When you are in woodbury or hershell farm at lvl 24 or + with 3 tanks or 2 tanks and armored how could you stop them without interrupt?
    Even if melee weapons i could't play without interrupt.mi never upgrade weapons without interrupt...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited February 2017
    Just kill them, a shot and a stab can be enough to kill lvl 24 fatty.
    (Maybe a little far fetched)

But in general. Just shoot and walk, stay out of range.
    Single them out, make use of traits.
    capibara
    @Ovidmikel Wrong order of traits, but 2 of 'em. Nice, really nice. You can enjoy great challenge this weekend.
    Captainslayer
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    Would an Epic with those traits be better than a regular legendary without those traits
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,293
    Here are mine

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    @capibara because interrupt is useless with all of the body shots at higher levels. My one pink star guys have avoided any bruising through RSL24 (without relying on interrupt), and now that I'm on RSL25, interrupt is pretty useless.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    capibara
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 683
    edited February 2017
    Here are my best ones:

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

stephcurrybigbeano