Would you reduce the number of times you have to repeat levels at challenges 2.0?

JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
Veteran player from top guild here. After having played 2 Challenges post-revamp, I'm starting to feel exhausted. If you don't purchase gas boosters, you will have to fully commit to the game every day, from wednesday to monday, and make sure you don't miss any gas can. I love most of the new system and the rewards are way cooler than before (crates with 1000 TGs and 10 phones for guild, and the others with tokens for personal stars), but if you want to get past 900 stars, the game feels like a job. I think that reducing the number of times you have to repeat levels would help, so I want to know if I'm alone thinking this, or there are more people like me. After two challenges I'm not sure if I want to keep playing competitively anymore, so I'm considering to semi-retire to our "B" guild or maybe leave the game after more than 1 year playing every day. Just had a chat with my guildmates and most of them are exhausted too, it looks like several veteran players want to retire, so I've created this poll to gather your opinion.

Are you happy with repeting levels 3 times (4 times when you hit 26) or would you prefer a reduction? Maybe from 3 to 2 for levels up to 25, and 3 for the Gods and gas purchasers that can reach level 26 and beyond.

Would you reduce the number of times you have to repeat levels at challenges 2.0? 88 votes

Don't reduce repetitions, I like them
30%
TransmuteJunAmigaGeneral_Pain[Deleted User]Cherokee_RosecapibaraKryptCreep3rKaitlynMarcus6253iozzegGladijamminGeneral_QuatreFoodiesDivaandy75StarkhornMabiki8N8jps 27 votes
I would reduce them
69%
5megheadCapletonDeadBeatKaLiDoTakR2runfastdrkuharblynknzAvalon8ggbatsJapes87JVC_TWDverticoVudnikkmrDLHCrazyDMystiqueSpringChickenJuanlo 61 votes
KaLixyzKryptCreep3rT_12kampionbigbeano

Comments

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I would reduce them
    Agree. Too much grind.
    Let us start at level 20
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    JulialiciousSpringChickenKaLiKryptCreep3rT_12
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    For me it is fine as it is. Understand that feeling "full time job", but it is fine for me.
    gespueriozzegKryptCreep3rT_12
  • Senoias_FinestSenoias_Finest Member Posts: 6
    The number of times are no problem for me but I am disappointed in the rewards. Once you hit a certain level you should get better rewards. In at 1284 stars and just got a piece of rare gear that I auto scrapped. If you put in the time and money in to get to high levels you should at least get legendary gear!
    KryptCreep3rT_12
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 157
    I am at 999 right now, I have spent around 400 gold this challenge - that’s gas, and hospital time combined which is fine by me. I just started lvl26 but I won't be pushing it, maybe 26.1 and no more. 3 times per round up to lvl25 is ok, that's not much, I will have almost 3 full days ahead for whatever other activities I want besides challenges
    1RisKryptCreep3r
  • Big_BBig_B Member Posts: 5
    I would reduce them
    I'm leaving my Guild for a few weeks and switch to the second one, because it is to much for me. To collect stars, on the same level as before, I have to use the gas boost at Challenge start. Before the changes I only use the Boost at weekend. Now, If I want to reach high level for my guild, I feel forced to use a boost, which I do not really can use, because I am working like many others also.

So yes, it feels like I have a second Job, not a game which should make fun...

At the weekend, when I have played otherwise, (I must not work) I can play just a little, because the hospital is permanently occupied...
    ArtisansJulialiciousvalereeeKryptCreep3r
  • pro_djpro_dj Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2017
    I would reduce them
    KryptCreep3r
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 178
    I am almost at 900 stars which is nothing compared to some people but I have work, a life, etc. and don't understand all this talk about grind. I play till I'm out of gas or my survivors are in hospital. Most time it's a round and then go do something else while tank refills or people get healed. I have spent about 100 gold net and most of that on opening gold crates post mission. I haven't purchased any gas and never more than 4 or 5 gold to get someone out of hospital early. If number of rounds are reduced then so are stars and rewards; no thank you. The only change I would make is allow players to skip rounds but they forfeit stars for the round if they do.
    KryptCreep3r
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    edited February 2017
    I mostly hate the amount of hospital time you have to endure at the higher levels. I don't particularly care to spend 50 gold healing my survivors when the Hunter from Woodbury teleports across the map and crits all of my survivors, ignoring the 4 walkers that spawn around him.

Got to RSL26 by mid-day today, but after getting some nasty injuries with 1-2 hour waits, I'm not particularly keen on continuing.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    As a mostly F2P, I play til I can't progress any more, or I get bored. Gas boosters are generally just a waste of time for me and my 5 man guild. We'll never get near leaderboards, not that there are prizes for doing so, so I'll quit around 800 stars or so (about 840 last week, I think) where it starts to get too frustrating to be fun, and after I've enjoyed the challenging bit.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    BttlOpenerJaden
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    I've been playing only challenges, then only season 7 missions on off days for months, and at least now the xp and gear rewards are worth it.

I've never stressed leaderboard, only try to improve my gameplay.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I mis-clicked with my vote, but doesn' matter. I would really prefer a third choice for allowing players the option of skipping some early levels, knowing you couldn't go back to repeat them.

As others have suggested elsewhere.

It would allow those with lots of time and gas to go as far as they want, and others could start at a level closer to or at their survivor level.

I think this would keep things a lot more interesting for high level players without taking anything away from those who want to run lower RSL missions.
    1RisVudnikjimmorrison369
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    If they reduce the repetitions, there is no way you can progress to high star numbers. I'm player lvl 58, with a full 20 lvl crew and lvl 22-23 upgraded weapons and armor. I'm not reaching 800 this week since I refuse to spend insane amount of gold to heal my survivors and repeat missions to get the missed stars.

No need to retire. It's a game, just play when you want. If it's not fun, take a break. If it feels like a job, it's no longer fun. Is this the demand of your guild? Seems a little too serious if that's the case.
    jamminVudnikNeil_Jbsgper4
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2017
    I play about the same amount during challenges or off days, so I appreciate the richer rewards from challenges. I finally reached RSL 26 this week, but didn't feel pressure to do that. Our guild has a 600 star minimum. We don't stress if we have an off week.
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    I would reduce them
    The low level grind has been replaced with a high level grind.

Poorly balanced (guild member at lvl 51 scoring hundreds above lvl 58 players).

When we are not waiting for gas we are waiting for the ER to wipe up the floor.

Throw in XP and equipment rewards and you remove in-game currency rewards (btw... have yet to see anything other than epic gear - another "blame it on RNG")

Radio deliveries at the wall and in crates have been throttled down each recent challenge.

After stating that Freemen would not be included in challenges until their faulted traits have been rebalanced, what do we get in our second challenge? (Liar, liar, pants on fire!!)

We have lost two most valued guild mates this week, one (an elder) who has been a player since week #1.

With the dilution of the abilitiy to advance our time and/or money spent survivor base by drowning us in ever increasing numbers of "heroes", and the overall token debacle, the drudgery has become almost painful, and will become even more so as we still have three mysterious shadows in our survivour slots. (When we run out of cast members, are we to see executive producers and writers as heroes too?)

I am an elder in 2 guilds. Part of my role is to be a cheerleader, a coach; to provide gameplay advice where I can and keep the "feelgood" going. For quite a while now I, and other elders, are simply fighting to keep our players from leaving the game. We've seen it drastically these past two weeks as their productivity has dropped significantly and their game-driven inspiration has evaporated.

So, yes!, reduce the repetitions! Reduce the dilutions! Earn our respect! Cough up a little of what actually costs you nothing or truly design the game with fair play in mind... not just fair play amongst players within the game but fair play as a company towards its consumer base.
    JuanloPowerUKArtisans
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Throw in XP and equipment rewards and you remove in-game currency rewards (btw... have yet to see anything other than epic gear - another "blame it on RNG")

Radio deliveries at the wall and in crates have been throttled down each recent challenge.

Yes, blame it on RNG. I have had the exact opposite experience the last two weeks on both counts.

The game must like me more o:)
    1Ris
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    I would reduce them
    I would reduce it just a little though.

In this system I end the challenge because of gas, not because the challenge is to hard.
    I like it more when it ends because of it getting to hard.
    David_H79
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Seeing a lot of guild requirements on here.
    My small guild is just a few friends playing together purely for fun so our only guild requirement is "have fun".
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    BttlOpeneralnod1RisIRONDee
  • kampionkampion Member Posts: 76
    I would reduce them
    Please reduce them! Nuff said...
    Wie viele Beisser hast du getötet? Und wie viele Menschen hast du getötet?
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    No reduction,NG don't go changing crap again,shit,some pple don't even comprehend this new system yet!Too many changes to fast is a big turnoff to some of us..
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    For me, it's nice to have more easy missions/repeatables for days that I'm busy; then I can run through them quick and mindlessly and then save the higher RSLs that require attention for Sunday. Plus, if they change repeats they'll have to redo reward structure again...I imagine lower-level players like the repeats since they probably don't have as much upgraded stuff and can't get to the tougher RSLs