Make the game more legit!!! End player swapping

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,372
    @Hattenator, I owe you an apology. Fight the power won. Who do you predict to win the Super Bowl. @WastelandDan, they are listening! @grimey, don't quit it's getting better.
    atrainofficial
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    Good solution @Teeceezy :)
    Hope to see it really soon
  • RickGrimesRickGrimes Member Posts: 210
    @Teeceezy ehh please consider changing to the "current" memberlist when challenge ends.
    The one and only, RickGrimes
    ✯ Former Leader of RickRollers Community ✯
    [Deleted User]
  • DrFunkyMDDrFunkyMD Member Posts: 6
    Capleton said:

DrFunkyMD said:

So I'm guessing that no one will give a clear cut answer to what "player swapping" is?

Dunno why I shouldn't answer it...despite the fact that this is mentioned in several threads.

Swapping means that a guild lets a player earn max stars in the weekly challenge...then kick him and let another one in to earn max stars. Because many players only need about three days for the weekly challenge it is quite simple.

Having a feeder guild with members willing to rotate helps too ;)
    Thank you sir. I never knew people actually about rankings. I guess the rewards would be better though. Meh.
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    @Teeceezy Thanks for taking the time to address this issue.
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    atrainofficial
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 28

@Teeceezy ehh please consider changing to the "current" memberlist when challenge ends.

There's always "one" - no matter what devs do, some people will just never be satisfied.

Dick really is an appropriate name for you!
    FeleciaLawdog[Deleted User]
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,734
    He's just into swapping.
  • HattenatorHattenator Member Posts: 40
    @Teeceezy thank you for taking the time to respond and let the community know that this much needed fix is on its way.
  • Big deal, your virtual guild is better than my virtual guide because you cheated. Who the fuck cares.
    It only meant something when they had the contest, now it means nothing.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    Lawdog
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @bgbelden The contest basically meant nothing because of this. Now if they have another contest(they will) it will actually mean something.
  • NateNate Member Posts: 110
    @Teeceezy thank you and also thanks to the devs for finally fixing it.
    I'm Looking forward to it in the new update
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    nemesis said:

There's always "one" - no matter what devs do, some people will just never be satisfied.

Dick really is an appropriate name for you!
    Maybe he was just making a suggestion like others are? I am not sure which is better but have had some guild members start and do NOTHING for days. Guess either way you may take a hit. And we don't player swap.
    Felecia
    Lawdog
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352

please elaborate. as i understand it, what you said means nothing. when challenge ends?? reading what teeceezy said, the guild member star contributors will change when new challenge begins. So no need to change it because it will automatically change when new challenge begins.
    @aysatyo Meaning is pretty clear to me.
    Allow any members to be swapped around, but only the stars earned from the people that are in the guild at the end of each week are counted.
    This has the advantage of if you have someone go AWOL, you can replace them and end the week with stars from 20 people instead of 19. I have to agree that I think this implementation is better suited to the way things tend to work out in the game.
    @zoson if that is the case, then i think its a bad idea. there are reports before of leaders or elders kicking low level members without notice because they found someone better. maybe its just me, but i think that is bad. you shouldn't have let the low level members in if you will just kick him out when someone better comes. And that suggestion just support that bad member kicking.. so i think its a bad idea. but maybe its just me who thinks like that..
    @aysatyo reputation sticks. people will stop joining those guilds.
    prevention is better than cure.. So its best to not allow it rather than wait for others to realize that its a bad guild..
    So what about trolls joining and then doing nothing? A guild should be penalized because they accepted someone on good faith?
    It goes both ways. Except in my example, 19 people are affected negatively, while in your example one person is affected negatively.

I'm going to side with the many vs the one.
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    Dread said:

Teeceezy said:

Here's the deal guys. There is a fix for this in the next update which is coming soon.

How it worked before: Star free-for-all, where cycling members enabled you to get more stars for the weekly challenge.

How it will work after the update: Only players who are part of the guild when the weekly challenge starts will have their contribution counted towards the guild total.

Still imperfect... but much better, nonetheless!

Thanks for the heads up.
    If I read the bold print correctly, it would mean that you have to be in the guild when challenge starts in order for stars to count toward said guild for that week.
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    @zoson Its probably to late but I think thats a great idea.
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
    a good guild that innocently accepts a bad member. only that 1 member is bad, it can be replaced until they find a good one.. while a bad guild or a bad leader that replaces members for his own benefits.. no matter how many times they replace a member, it will still be a bad guild.
    @zoson anyway, we're just going in circles.. let's just agree to disagree.. Let devs decide. you already state your case. let's just wait if they will implement it or not..
    edited February 2016
    The problem with waiting until the challenge is over, is that some guilds with feeder guilds can then choose the 20 top earners from all their guilds 30 minutes before the challenge ends.
    jester said:

The problem with waiting until the challenge is over, is that some guilds with feeder guilds can then choose the 20 top earners from all their guilds 30 minutes before the challenge ends.

i dont think that will happen jester.. stars you earned in a guild will not follow you when you change guild. you have to earn a new star when you join a new guild..
    edited February 2016
    Even so. Let's say it's three days into a challenge and player #17 has 20 stars, quick banishing for player #17 who is told to sign on with 2nd tier guild, player #1 from second tier guild is brought up. There's still too much wiggle room in that scenario.

If you can't recruit 20 solid, reliable players you're not going to be on the leader board, so it wouldn't matter to you if it is the roster at the beginning or the end. If you can change your membership during the week and get an advantage, you're pushing for the top. I get it, but ride with the 20 who you arrived with. Only the top guilds will have a problem with locking their roster in at the start of the challenge.

It'll be interesting to see who rises and who falls when this starts.
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    edited February 2016
    Teeceezy said:

Here's the deal guys.

How it will work after the update: Only players who are part of the guild when the weekly challenge starts will have their contribution counted towards the guild total.

When the weekly challenge STARTS

Or did I misread that?
    edited February 2016
    @jester Stars already do not carry over. So that is not a possibility. But it does allow someone to be booted for being at 0 on day 3, and then bring someone else in to earn some stars. say that person already had 160 and is a 270 star earner. They could contribute 110 stars.
    stars earned *while in the guild* if you need further clarification.
    Yes. And then next week they bring the original player back. There's no reason a top guild shouldn't be able to recruit 20 dedicated players. If you need to make changes, you wait until the challenge is over. Locking your roster in at the start is the fairest system to all guilds.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    edited February 2016
    They are not locking your roster with the new proposed fix. What they're doing is: someone can still leave mid round and someone else can join. The guild won't lose the stars earned by the first, but the second won't be able to contribute stars that week.

What @RickGrimes is saying, is take away the stars that were earned by the person who left/was kicked. Then, if a new person joins, count any stars they earn. Stars do not transfer, and to think that would change when they're trying to fix a problem like this, is crazy.

This suggestion penalizes fewer players than the current upcoming implementation. The possibility of one person suffering vs the possibility of 19 people suffering. It's a no brainer because it's simply a better solution in every single sense.
    RickGrimes
This discussion has been closed.