Rufus week

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @Ruh Just make an in game support ticket. Then they can have a look at it.
  • RuhRuh Member Posts: 20
    > @David_H79 said:
    > @Ruh Just make an in game support ticket. Then they can have a look at it.

Thnx for the advice, gonna do that now
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    @Teeceezy:
    What is the Rufus kill count actually?
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    edited February 2017
    @ÇRUSH It'll be added in-game at 13:00 UTC, and will be updated at the same time every day up until the end of the event.
    Shut_Up
    Thanks
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    I wish we had assault train time reduced, my Rufus is still low level.
    bigbeano
    Teeceezy said:

@ÇRUSH It'll be added in-game at 13:00 UTC, and will be updated at the same time every day up until the end of the event.

Only 17 million kills? What did the other players do since yesterday? ;)
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    GrimGaelggbats
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I like a good schism. I'm going to go with Rufus week is holy.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    TheLostOnesGrimGael
  • scirocco313scirocco313 Member Posts: 13
    > @David_H79 said:
    > @Ruh Just make an in game support ticket. Then they can have a look at it.

How to send ingame support ticket? I dont see any option about that. Sorry for my english and thanks in advance
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @scirocco313 Go into settings (right near your gold) there press help and then contact us
    scirocco313
    Thanks @David_H79 . Good day sir
    David_H79
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @scirocco313 your English is better than many so-called native speakers. Be proud.
    Invaderbigbeano
  • RuhRuh Member Posts: 20
    > @scirocco313 said:
    > > @David_H79 said:
    > > @Ruh Just make an in game support ticket. Then they can have a look at it.
    >
    > How to send ingame support ticket? I dont see any option about that. Sorry for my english and thanks in advance

This is what they said:

Hello there survivor,

and thanks for contacting us!

Rufus was originally given out to players for a couple of weeks last December after his initial introduction in the Talking Dead. Now we are having a special promotion that gives the players, who have started playing the game after the previous promotion ended, the chance of unlocking Rufus as well.

This current promotion does not affect those who have created their account before the previous promotion ended, as they already had their chance for the free unlock. However, all players will be able to get the prize from the current Community Event if Rufus kills a combined total of 121,377,612 walkers during this week, not only those who have the character unlocked.

We understand that it is disappointing to miss a timed exclusive character, however there might be some additional Rufus events coming in the future that could help you unlock the character as well. Additionally, it is possible to earn Rufus Tokens from the calls.

Stay safe out there!

I started playing after the previous promotion, so I should receive Rufus this time cause I missed it last time. I just want to have him in my team :(
  • AllurieAllurie Member Posts: 56
    May I suggest that if there are limitations as to where the increased damaged is applied, that it is stated precisely where? All of us poor souls so excited to get that boost to help with challenging chapter episodes (nightmare modes especially) or other tasks, feel gypped...like seeing a billboard at a USA Coldstone for free ice cream & upon going in to order one is told it's only at the Canada stores :disappointed:
    ggbatssoggybottoms
    @Ruh i also get exact same message. Im a returning player (installed the game again in january after a year long hiatus) and yeah thats not fair. Now i just wish there is some kind of token exchange and just convert all my rufus tokens to someone's else from the actual show.

@GrimGael thanks man
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    So, Rufus kills only count, or any kill with Rufus in group? These news announcements are written so poorly it's hard to tell

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger
    ggbats
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @Akartiki Walkers killed by Rufus. :)
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Welp,I trained my Rufus some to help out,hopefully it won't all be in vain!
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    With the kill count for Rufus the way it is now, I think its pretty obvious that we wont be seeing the community event reward.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
  • TheBRADLeyBTheBRADLeyB Member Posts: 82
    Hamphil said:

Is this for real? What a waste of a community event. Instead of Rufus tokens can a just take another crappy piece of 1 star common gear that I have been getting all weekend? I find it hard to believe that he is second behind Daryl for kills

I don't believe Darryl was the top in kills and/or Rufus was second. The event reading just says that Daryl killed 121,377,612 while Rufus only killed 48,176,721. So the event is just to get Rufus used a bit more than he has been I guess.
  • TheBRADLeyBTheBRADLeyB Member Posts: 82

With the kill count for Rufus the way it is now, I think its pretty obvious that we wont be seeing the community event reward.

In two days they've killed 33,966,832 for a 16,983,416 average. Take that average for 7 days and you'll get 118,883,912 kills, or 2,493,700 kills short. Figure the weekend will boost the daily average but it does seem daunting and may not happen.
    Carl_s_Hat
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 174

Hamphil said:

Is this for real? What a waste of a community event. Instead of Rufus tokens can a just take another crappy piece of 1 star common gear that I have been getting all weekend? I find it hard to believe that he is second behind Daryl for kills

I don't believe Darryl was the top in kills and/or Rufus was second. The event reading just says that Daryl killed 121,377,612 while Rufus only killed 48,176,721. So the event is just to get Rufus used a bit more than he has been I guess.
    On Talking Dead Chris Hardwick said they were First and Second in kills.
    SCBMA
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,044
    I'm sure we'll magically make it after all. We always did. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigbeanoSCBMABttlOpener
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    I think we can,Rufus may need a little help from those who normally don't use him though. ☺
    1Risgespuer
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Slightly off topic, as it's a lot about kit, but....

I really can't work out the thinking for Rufus week. I think NG really missed a trick - We have no Assault gear in the TG store - We did last week for Hunters, I'll bet that's a major reason why Daryl got that number of Kills. I'd bet a lot of people were able to get kit worth upgrading as well!

Not to put Assault Gear in the TG store for an Assault week, is setting it up to fail! My Assaults badly need better Rifles. So unless i get one, I can't use Rufus, as he's too weak! IF i had been able to purchase a rifle for TG, I'd have given it a go, and upgraded a Rifle, seeing as that's what i desperately need in game now.

My poor Assaults with be lvl17 soon, but for now, are running around with base lvl14 maxed kit.
    BttlOpenerWahooDawgsoggybottoms
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    Rufus will still be useful in these high level spawn maps
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Double trouble and BBQ are really not good missions for assaults.
    @carlos1981 I bought 3 rifles last week and all were total crap. On the other hand, I dont need any assault gear as I have already 3 good rifles @ lvl23 and 3rd assault armor will be finished in about 14 hours.
    @Pig All hail to mighty Rufus. Cannot agree more with "high volume of normal walkers" needed for such comunity event.
    Pigsoggybottoms
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    Rename Rufus as "Stu" for a week with the special ability to be low visibility ... that's an event we all would appreciate
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
    MrsScattercushionJaden